AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-12, 12:14   Link #2381
Utsuro no Hako

^ G=Gravity

Marika's expressions throughout the first half of the episode were awesome, but the funniest part was the engineer's teddy-bear collection.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 12:16   Link #2382
justpassingby

^ I know
Old 2012-05-12, 12:32   Link #2383
gaiar31

very funny Episode

Time for Pirate geso!!!!
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 13:30   Link #2384
tsunade666

great episode. Pretty relaxing to watch though maybe not for Marika. I like the "dreaming" Gruier and the much more practical or ... hard to put it into words but Grunhilde really balance out the 2 sisters. And its fun to watch Marika's little harem girls.

I wonder when will Chiaki shows up again.
Old 2012-05-12, 14:07   Link #2385
ookamigirl

Well... this was a really relaxed episode.
After all that pirating, it was time to do some cleaning.
Marika cleaning the Bentenmaru was lol to watch ^^
She sure was exhausted.
On the bright side, her crew is finally out of the hospital ^^
The yacht club got a taste of pirating and wanted more and played with Marika's ID ring.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 15:44   Link #2386
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"Behold the power of zero G!"

Life would be so much easier if we had a gravity generator (or rather, an anti-gravity generator).

That was a tremendously fun slice of life episode. I don't know if it's just me, but sleepy Marika looked more like she was baked out of her mind. I couldn't help but laugh everytime time I saw her with that expression on her face

No Chiaki (again ) was a bummer, but the development Hilde got made up for it. She's officially a member of Marika's harem now, and not just there "for the ride".
Old 2012-05-12, 16:09   Link #2387
Kyuu
=^^=

Oh poor Marika. Collapsing in class during a lecture on relaxation. How cruel.

===

And HA! Even this series cannot avoid the Beach Episode. YES! XD

Last edited by Kyuu; 2012-05-12 at 16:36.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 18:52   Link #2388
Random Wanderer

Zero-G isn't quite that simple, Marika. Everything still has its mass. Once you start pushing them in a big pile like that, how do you plan to stop them?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 19:35   Link #2389
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's what walls are for!

A more serious problem is how to push them without being pushed back. That wasn't well portrayed.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 21:06   Link #2390
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's what walls are for!

A more serious problem is how to push them without being pushed back. That wasn't well portrayed.
Newton has nothing when up against the willpower of a girl determined to clean her spaceship.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 21:39   Link #2391
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Newton has nothing when up against the willpower of a girl determined to clean her spaceship.
So... in space, Newton is Marika's bitch? What did the gunnery sergeant say about that?
Old 2012-05-12, 21:57   Link #2392
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's what walls are for!

Actually, she kicked off the ground in order to push the trash around, so I think Newtonian law was retained quite well
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 22:00   Link #2393
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Did Lynn used her hacking skills to get more shuttle passes? We need to see Chiaki and I am still dying to see her father in action.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 22:40   Link #2394
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Reading the comments for the last few episodes, I feel like I'm watching a totally different show than you guys. Is anyone else disappointed with the direction this show had gone? That last arc was weak, but episode 19 was fucking terrible. It's where the production team is obviously running out of time and money, and you'd usually get a recap episode to try to get caught up, but instead we got this. I think I would have preferred a recap episode. No movement and obvious cost cutting everywhere, plus almost everyone was off model. The preview for the next episode doesn't look any better. Are we into the anime original part now? I had hoped we'd get the regular Bentenmaru crew back and get a slightly more serious final arc, but it looks like more moe yacht club stuff (a beach episode, really?)
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 22:59   Link #2395
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
plus almost everyone was off model.
That much I certainly noticed.

Quote:
Are we into the anime original part now?
From what I understand (not having read the novels) yes, we are. I consider that to likely be the reason why this episode felt so much... less... than the ones before.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 23:16   Link #2396
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Though there are probably two more story arcs, since it is 26 episodes.
Old 2012-05-12, 23:26   Link #2397
00Coyote

Quote:
Reading the comments for the last few episodes, I feel like I'm watching a totally different show than you guys.
*snip*
I had hoped we'd get the regular Bentenmaru crew back and get a slightly more serious final arc, but it looks like more moe yacht club stuff (a beach episode, really?)
Yes, I think I am watching a totally different show than what you are expecting.

Sometimes, it just isn't worth it to battle what you expect vs what the show is delivering. Very little of this show is serious or heavy, so while I'd love to see a story in this setting with a bit more action and excitement, that's not happening. It's a fun story, with interesting characters, with decent visuals (even when they go full on QUALITY mode as in ep. 19) There are some shows you have to sit back, let it roll, and enjoy what you can.

Spoiler for digression:
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 00:28   Link #2398
Utsuro no Hako

With 26 episodes, we can afford a few breather episodes between the main plot arcs. We got one after the Serenity storyline with the princesses eating at Case de Kato, and this time we got the spring cleaning. Based on the preview, next week should start a new (anime original) arc involving some sort of spaceship race.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 00:36   Link #2399
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Reading the comments for the last few episodes, I feel like I'm watching a totally different show than you guys.
If you compare them with Naruto fillers, this episode was g-o-l-d-e-n; it was slower and what-not, but after the cosplay fiasco you should have shifted your brain into low gear (as in, don't think too much about it, go with the flow or your heart is going to hurt badly).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 00:37   Link #2400
Dark Wing

Quote:
Reading the comments for the last few episodes, I feel like I'm watching a totally different show than you guys. Is anyone else disappointed with the direction this show had gone? That last arc was weak, but episode 19 was fucking terrible. It's where the production team is obviously running out of time and money, and you'd usually get a recap episode to try to get caught up, but instead we got this. I think I would have preferred a recap episode. No movement and obvious cost cutting everywhere, plus almost everyone was off model. The preview for the next episode doesn't look any better. Are we into the anime original part now? I had hoped we'd get the regular Bentenmaru crew back and get a slightly more serious final arc, but it looks like more moe yacht club stuff (a beach episode, really?)
Well to be fair form this point on everything in this show becomes anime original...

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri