AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 56 26.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 39.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 19.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.43%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-16, 19:20   Link #21
Yashiro

Well, I watched the raw, and really enjoyed it. Didn't understand it at all, but just watching Haruhi made me fill up with joy. Can't wait for the sub of this episode.
Old 2006-04-16, 19:27   Link #22
Adigard

I can't recommend eating/drinking anything in the 5-6 minute mark of this episode... It's... dangerous to those around you ^^;;

Watched the raw, very enjoyable although I only understood the vaguest bits of the second half (the first half was a lot easier to understand). Looking forward to the subs in a few days, and the new discussion this ep is going to spin off.
Old 2006-04-16, 20:12   Link #23
Busaiku Chama
爆発

It was a pretty good episode, from the 1/3 of it that I actually understood.
I loved some of the crazy acts that Haruhi performed, especially when they were trying to gather more members.
The various talks of the novel in the thread got me interested in the novel. But I'm sad I can only read hiragana...
Old 2006-04-16, 20:44   Link #24
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busaiku Chama
It was a pretty good episode, from the 1/3 of it that I actually understood.
I loved some of the crazy acts that Haruhi performed, especially when they were trying to gather more members.
The various talks of the novel in the thread got me interested in the novel. But I'm sad I can only read hiragana...
what you haven't read the translation of the novels yet?

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...uzumiya_Haruhi

Haruhiism banzai!
Old 2006-04-16, 22:00   Link #25
marcosv

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
I have to hand it to KyoAni's direction with this series. It caught even the novel readers off-hand (with Vol3 out of the blue).

I feel terribly bad for Mikuru. She looks to have suffered emotional traumas from the 2 events. Haruhi and her weirdness in animated form is beyond comprehension (and I think Kyon stops to make sense of her actions altogether for his own sanity)...

this has been a great episode.
So far in the 1st 3 episodes, I really love the animation. The little facial/head movements Mikuru makes really adds to her overall cuteness. Since this is a long show, there will probably be let downs in animation quality or certain scenes or plot pacing not work as well as they could, but, so far so good.

Maybe I should stay away from the novels until the show is over. The anime seems to be holding itself up quite nicely wthout the usual comparison to some manga or game.
Old 2006-04-16, 22:09   Link #26
Adigard

It's a 13 ep TV show with a DVD EP follow up (in theory)... so it's sorta likely they'll be able to keep this standard throughout.
Old 2006-04-16, 22:26   Link #27
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That "noise" that Mikuru made in ep 2 when Suzumiya told Kyon to touch Mikuru's breast.... kind of a hic-squeak-eek noise. That destroyed any rational reason I might for not wanting to protect her from all things evil --- the essence of moe I suppose.
Old 2006-04-16, 22:40   Link #28
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard
It's a 13 ep TV show with a DVD EP follow up (in theory)... so it's sorta likely they'll be able to keep this standard throughout.
From the next episode preview, it appears there is going to be no attempts made to bridge the gap between episode 2 (3) and episode 7 (4).

Guess that makes sense in a way... We are going to be watching episodes in random order, by the looks of it. Very Haruhi.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-04-16 at 23:06.
Old 2006-04-16, 23:03   Link #29
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I love this series!

Having not read the manga or even heard of the series prior to last night, I'm not entirely sure why the series events seem out of order and I don't really care. ^^:

All I have to say is: Poor Mikuru!

May the power of Moe~ guide you all!
Old 2006-04-16, 23:03   Link #30
eVaX
Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to eVaX
Good episode, kinda felt the quality dipped a bit but nothing too severe. (few recycled shots, less fluid, etc.) Looks like the next episode is going back up again though.
But I did enjoy Haruhi's drop kick of doom!
Old 2006-04-16, 23:23   Link #31
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
That "noise" that Mikuru made in ep 2 when Suzumiya told Kyon to touch Mikuru's breast.... kind of a hic-squeak-eek noise. That destroyed any rational reason I might for not wanting to protect her from all things evil --- the essence of moe I suppose.
It seems like Mikuru was purely built upon the concept of moe, and it really works. I usually don't like moe moe moe girls. But Mikuru is tooo cute~ <3 And her "hic-squeak-eek" noise is... so amazing.

Old 2006-04-16, 23:34   Link #32
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Dude... think ABOUT it... bottled Essence of Moe...

Holy shit, nobody steal my idea, I'm selling a new collogne in Japan.
Old 2006-04-16, 23:48   Link #33
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Right on.

Once again, I direct your attention to my sig and avatar: the moe power of the magical wood-elf Gotou Yuuko, destroyer of reason.

The escalation of breast-fondling in this episode made me pretty uncomfortable, but it was not just another banal piece of fanservice, anyway.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-04-16, 23:52   Link #34
Srin Tuar
無謀

hrm, some confusion about this episode.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-16, 23:54   Link #35
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
hrm, some confusion about this episode.
Spoiler:
I think Mikuru begged "don't look at me" when haruhi was stripping her, so yes, Kyon left the room for Mikuru's sake.
Old 2006-04-17, 00:10   Link #36
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
I think Mikuru begged "don't look at me" when haruhi was stripping her, so yes, Kyon left the room for Mikuru's sake.
i was refering to the second time.
Old 2006-04-17, 00:17   Link #37
Adigard

Common decency... embaressment... knowing that neither of them had bra's on, or the simple fact that Haruhi was walking towards Mikuru?
Old 2006-04-17, 00:22   Link #38
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
i was refering to the second time.
Its not shown clearly but as you can see later when Mikuru exits the room in her school uniform and talks to Kyon ("If I can't be a bride, will you take me?"), its clear that Haruhi's changing clothes will naturally lead to Mikuru's changing clothes (enforced by Haruhi) so Kyon is still kind of leaving for Mikuru's sake. And in any case, unlike Haruhi, Kyon is more 'common-sensical'. Wouldn't you leave if a girl has to change clothes? Or else I hope you would...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-17, 00:27   Link #39
Kazu-kun

It just happens that Kyon is pretty stoic... even if Haruhi doesn't care about him seeing her naked. He wouldn't do it.
Old 2006-04-17, 01:21   Link #40
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Right on.

Once again, I direct your attention to my sig and avatar: the moe power of the magical wood-elf Gotou Yuuko, destroyer of reason.

The escalation of breast-fondling in this episode made me pretty uncomfortable, but it was not just another banal piece of fanservice, anyway.
yes... a motorcycle loving, beer drinking magical wood elf who looks like she might have stepped out of an RPG/MMO. Argh... brain melting...

hmmm, I consider the "breast check" gags only effective if used sparingly (I got really tired of it in AYA and Karin.... it just got lame) --- hopefully this won't be a grope Mikuru every episode kind of series. There are plenty of other ways to make her "squeek-hic-eek" ... actually just looking at her with intent seems to do it.