Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2011-03-14, 05:35   Link #841
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
Its not the reactors that explode. Its the oxyhydrogen that comes from the H2, which comes from the coolant of the inner cooling cycle. When it is vented from the inner containment, it is captured in the outer containment. The outer containment is structurally not able to withstand an oxyhydogen explosion, hence the outer containments of block 1 and block 3 blew away.

What is more important though, is that the reactor cores cool down before they melt through the inner containment. And I currently see no imminent danger, that such a melt down is going to happen in any of the blocks.

So essentially, the radioactivity that was set free (and is going to be set free) is unfortunate, but not the worst that could have happened.
sorry, what i mean is hydrogen explosion. however nuclear is not simply "shut down" and stop releasing energy. they keep releasing energy and radioactivity for unknown time.

now they try to keep reactor cool by flooded by fire. if water level down then it exposed nuclear core which released energy AND radioactivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This is fucking retarded -

Remember the Sea Shepherd guy? He's the captain. Over 10k innocent are dead and he posts this?

Seriously, Sea Shepherd should be designated a terrorist organisation as long as he is at the helm. Little bastard deserve that much.

sorry my English is 2nd language. but isnt he only post poem?

talking about hate.. from foreign minister
http://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/47209812848689152#

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-03-14 at 13:27.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 06:07   Link #842
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
sorry my English is 2nd language. but isnt he only post poem?

talking about hate.. from foreign minister
http://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/47209812848689152#
I am no native speaker either. But from what I see, the guy glorifies the force of nature, and in a way, the disaster itself, which is very insensitive (to put it modestly) to those who suffer. The guy is pretty much the same as those spouting "karma" and other nonsense except giving a new spin to it.
Old 2011-03-14, 06:15   Link #843
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
That was a fun South Park episode about that fat guy.

I'm still quite shocked about all this. I was hoping to revisit Japan in October... At least the plane ticket prices are going to fall. But that's barely the only good thing I can say about this. My best friend's brother in Tokyo is safe, thankfully.

The only thing that gives me hope is that no other country in the world is better prepared to deal with this like Japan. It's still a major blow, though.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 06:16   Link #844
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Last edited by RRW; 2011-03-14 at 06:30.
Old 2011-03-14, 06:18   Link #845
Liddo-kun
is this so?

A little news from Hobbylink Japan (online site where I buy most of my precure items). Their building is structurally undamaged, though the contents got scrambled. And they say that the areas near their building resemble WWII damage.

Inside HLJ office after the earthquake.

Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 06:19   Link #846
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Reuters)
Nuclear fuel rods at a quake-stricken Japanese nuclear reactor are now fully exposed, Jiji news agency said, quoting the plant's operator, Tokyo Eletcric Power Co .

The report referred to the Fukushima Daiichi complex's No.2 reactor, where levels of water coolant around the reactor core had been reported as falling earlier in the day.

The Jiji report said a meltdown of the fuel rods could not be ruled out. A meltdown raises the risk of damage to the reactor vessel and a possible radioactive leak, experts say.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...00733720110314
Stay strong Japan.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 06:45   Link #847
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Nuclear fuel rods at a quake-stricken Japanese nuclear reactor are now fully exposed, Jiji news agency said, quoting the plant's operator, Tokyo Eletcric Power Co .
Very nice wording there. It take me a second to realize that "fully exposed" means that they are no longer submerged in water, as opposed to exposed to outside environment.

By the way, is it just me or is the website of international atomic energy agency down?
Old 2011-03-14, 06:53   Link #848
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Very nice wording there. It take me a second to realize that "fully exposed" means that they are no longer submerged in water, as opposed to exposed to outside environment.

By the way, is it just me or is the website of international atomic energy agency down?
Yeah, going by what Vile quoted from the something aweful forums, it's doubtful that it will have any immediate effect on the population yet. What happens in the future depends on what is done now to contain it.

And yeah, website isn't working for me either.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 07:11   Link #849
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
A little news from Hobbylink Japan (online site where I buy most of my precure items). Their building is structurally undamaged, though the contents got scrambled. And they say that the areas near their building resemble WWII damage.

Inside HLJ office after the earthquake.

those poor stockers
Old 2011-03-14, 07:20   Link #850
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Interesting. At the japanese press conference atm they stated, that they have drilled a hole into the wall of the second reactor outer concrete wall to lower the risk of another hydrogen explosion.

Old 2011-03-14, 07:26   Link #851
Isegrim

Everybody's darling Shintaro Ishihara said at his press conference that the tsunami was divine punishment.
Old 2011-03-14, 07:33   Link #852
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
Everybody's darling Shintaro Ishihara said at his press conference that the tsunami was divine punishment.
You got a source for that? If what he said was true, then that's enough to infuriate the constituents who voted for him, and he's supposed to serve on their behalf.

All that finger-pointing, karma-spouting and "better-than-thou" talking aren't going to feed the hungry, clothe those shivering, rebuild houses, or bring back the dead.
Old 2011-03-14, 07:40   Link #853
Xagzan

Latest I heard was that the fuel rods were only exposed briefly after all. That true?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 07:51   Link #854
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
Good lord, this just adds to his already sterling reputation, doesn't it?

And, listen guys... I know from anyone it might sound a little odd or pathetic that my number one source of information regarding this tragedy is an Anime forum, but... I just want to thank everyone here who's trying their best to keep us up to date on everything that's been going on. My heart and prayers go out to Japan, and while the news that I keep seeing here isn't always the best, my hopes are still set on seeing some good news in the coming days.

You guys are a hell of a lot more reliable than any news station I've seen covering this, I can tell you that much. Thanks, and keep at it. Hopefully, we'll all see this crisis overcome.
Old 2011-03-14, 07:52   Link #855
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
You got a source for that?
source -> http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...against-japan/
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 07:57   Link #856
OrderNorChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
You got a source for that? If what he said was true, then that's enough to infuriate the constituents who voted for him, and he's supposed to serve on their behalf.

All that finger-pointing, karma-spouting and "better-than-thou" talking aren't going to feed the hungry, clothe those shivering, rebuild houses, or bring back the dead.
Well just saw it on mainichi web news

Link:

http://mainichi.jp/select/weathernew...40043000c.html

Simply saying that this is divine punishment due to the selfishness of the government and populism , washes away the dirt in the Japanese people's hearts he says >.<

It also did say that this will rub the citizens as well as the survivors the wrong way >.<
OrderNorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 08:27   Link #857
tetorapetora

Divine punishment? wrath of gods?, hell, I don't care what they say, as long as they do everything in their power to help out on this horrific and sad disaster.

It's a shame that donations never go through 100%, still I'm happy that there is a way I can help. As to the matters out of my reach, I sincerely hope for the least worse possible outcome.
tetorapetora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 08:28   Link #858
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Latest I heard was that the fuel rods were only exposed briefly after all. That true?
From yumiuri
Quote:
東京電力は14日午後7時45分ころ、福島第一原子力発電所2号機で、原子炉内の冷却水が、ほぼ完全に失わ れ、燃料棒がすべて露出して冷却できない状態になり、地元福島県に緊急事態として通報したと発 表した。
It said that almost all cooling water has been lost and the fuel rod is completely exposed (i.e., no longer submerged) at reactor 2. I am not sure how up-to-date it is.

Edit: Yes, it seems that the exposure is only for a few hours. The fuel rods started to be exposed at 5:17pm, and were completely exposed at 6:22. They have pumped water in, but at 9:42pm, there are still 2m of the fuel rod exposed.

Quote:
福島第一原発2号機で原子炉の燃料棒が完全露出し、一時的にせよ「空だき」状態となった原因について、14 日午後9時すぎに記者会見した枝野官房長官は、「水を注入して冷却する作業に入っていたが、一時、(注入用 の)ポンプの燃料不足で、想定より時間がかかった」と説明。
and believe it or not, the reason for the exposure is because that the fuel for the pump runs out.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2011-03-14 at 08:47.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 08:34   Link #859
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^I am getting the same information from several of my Swedish news sources, so it seems to be correct, as of 10 minutes ago.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 08:38   Link #860
Tri-ring

They have vented gas which relieved pressure and are now pumping water again.
The rods are now immersed halfway in water and water level is raising.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disaster, japan, tsunami