AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-03, 14:53   Link #4141
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Probably the same way she met Misaki, i.e. they brought "Mi-chan" to Dolly.
why bother? the scientist doesn't seem like they care enough to get her a friend.
Old 2013-06-03, 14:59   Link #4142
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
why bother? the scientist doesn't seem like they care enough to get her a friend.
Probably because whatever experiment or examination to acquire data from Dolly required it.
Old 2013-06-03, 19:30   Link #4143
cleed

I'm confused I thought Mi-Chan was Misaki?
Old 2013-06-03, 20:22   Link #4144
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
I'm confused I thought Mi-Chan was Misaki?
You'd think that, except Dolly didn't know Misaki's name and asked for it at the end, which implies she was referring to someone else. It wasn't exactly explained clearly in the chapter, admittedly.
Old 2013-06-03, 22:13   Link #4145
rladls716

So right now only level 5 that is the most brightest is 7th Gunha.

Not known much about 6th, but all other level 5s already tasted the darkness of Academy City in this series.
Old 2013-06-03, 22:30   Link #4146
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Pretty much. Though it wouldn't surprise me if he HAS witnessed the darkness, given his policies of helping people no matter what. If it hasn't happened yet, it will.
Old 2013-06-03, 22:32   Link #4147
Sumeragi
Banned

More likely he is too bright to be tainted.... for now.
Old 2013-06-03, 23:15   Link #4148
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I heard that the brighter stars are quite dense
Old 2013-06-04, 00:25   Link #4149
whitecloud

he is pretty much shonen protag template.....he have to be dense, spouting justice and friendship, super powerful, idiot
Old 2013-06-04, 00:33   Link #4150
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
he is pretty much shonen protag template.....he have to be dense, spouting justice and friendship, super powerful, idiot
you forgot guts, guts and more guts.
Old 2013-06-04, 02:00   Link #4151
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't think he ever said anything about Justice and Friendship.

Only Guts.
Old 2013-06-04, 02:44   Link #4152
whitecloud

in NT7...when hes fighting all those fake if i dont mistaken?
Old 2013-06-04, 07:33   Link #4153
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nope, it's still guts, guts and GUTS!
Old 2013-06-04, 08:09   Link #4154
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nope, it's still guts, guts and GUTS!
Lolz. But actually. He's the "comic-relief" part of Index at this point or is always this whenever he appears.

For example:
Spoiler for From Fan Fare Gunha vs. Mikoto:

When someone asked about why Mi-chan would be there for Dolly: I think there's another reason that probably has to do with the liquid metal she is carrying. The liquid might have to do with being used for her role in the experiment like was suggested above. Mi-chan probably helped until she learned the truth of what was going on when she saw the machines on Dolly or something. Maybe the scientists do something with that liquid metal that involves Dolly's medical check ups whenever Misaki/ Mi-chan isn't there and Mi-chan is needed to do stuff with liquid metal in order to keep Dolly healthy/ her machines running. As long as Mi-chan could do this without seeing the machines themselves, she might not have known why she was helping in the first place and what sinister stuff was really going on.

@RisingDragon/Xellos/Cleed Mi-chan's identity was shown in chapter 59 with Dolly's flashback of a dark-haired girl with a hair-style like Mitori. That's where I got this idea from in the first place, just to clarify.

Mitori might have been involved in purifying that liquid or whatever for Dolly. Mitori might be/is most likely the cause for the two liquid metal factories that ended up successful with no losses in that case.

From Index wikia:

Kirigaoka Girls' Academy (霧ヶ丘女学院 Kirigaoka Jogakuin?) is a girls' high/middle/(elementary)? school located in School District 18 in Academy City, near the Elementary Particle Engineering Laboratory. It is dedicated to raising students with rare abilities, as opposed to schools like Tokiwadai which raises people with more common abilities to a high level.

Despite being a notable school, it also has connections to the dark side of Academy City, with a branch located within or close to the school that conducts dubious research.

This description is technically of the high school (but I'm guessing the middle school is located in the same place). I think there's a lower, middle, and high school of it. So it would make sense for Kouzaku Mitori to be involved with research in the darkness of Academy City if this makes sense.

Edit: it's possible the liquid that exterior is in, in chapter 59 is similar liquid metal to Dolly's (also speculation). Also, compare how Exterior's eyes in chapter 59 look to Dolly's left eye on page 11 of chapter 60 at the bottom. They look somewhat similar.

On another note: Shokuhou's eyes on page 17 are painful to look at. I feel sorry for her.

PS:

The four Kanji in Mitouri's name translate to: 1. police force/warn/admonish/forestall/alert ; 2. Scheme/method/Plan/riding crop/whip ; 3. NURSING/see/view/judge/consider/look after/visit/care/call/sight ; 4. take/choose/get/aim/fetch/adopt/seek.

Now think about her:

She warns/forestalls her fight with Xochitl and Mikoto. She is part of the Darkness (AC dark police force) for the first Kanji.

She has a plan/scheme and is carrying riding crops/ whips with her for the second Kanji and has a method of using MEMBER.

If she's Mi-chan: she nurses/visits/cares about Dolly. She also Sees/judges/ sights her real body (the machines) for the third Kanji. (The care/call could represent her trying to save Dolly and ending up in the Juvenile detention hall) Furthermore, considering it's the MI Kanji sound symbol that means this, this makes it seem even more plausible.

Lastly, she is probably trying to, aims to take/get/fetch/seek Exterior, Dolly and maybe also seek/get forgiveness for the fourth and final Kanji. (reference to "I can't fail here" quote)

Finally, the third kanji + the fourth kanji =Mitori has the following meanings: noticing/ perceiving/ getting wind of / seeing through (Mi-chan saw Dolly's suffering) and
Kouzaku =1st +2nd kanji means warning policy...

This seems way too planned out to be a coincidence. Just saying.

P.P.S if I'm wrong after all this I'm going to be sad.

BTW: even if Dolly realized that Misaki isn't Mi-chan. This doesn't mean Dolly will recognize Mi-chan/ Mitori because of the mind-wipe immediately. It might take some time. Just pointing this out.

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-04 at 17:18.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:34   Link #4155
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Yeah Mi-chan is probably Mitori. I just don't know if she's a hero trying to help out to make up for what she did to Dolly, or a villain who is the one who told Gensei about her.
Old 2013-06-04, 16:05   Link #4156
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

By the way, this is kind of obvious now I realize. But the fact that Mikoto said that all level 5's at Tokiwadai started as level 1's seems to be true. After all, Shokuhou had to train her mental out to make it stronger. She gradually developed her powers. Therefore, I'm guessing she was originally a level 1. Quote from chapter 59: "Why even ask? At my current level of power, it would be very difficult to completely erase or rewrite the memories of her friend" (oh the irony) (She did this to Mikoto's friends and erased their memories of her).

Then can we say that she only reached level 5 because the researchers wanted her to complete Exterior and they weren't able to dispose of her? She got a special curriculum there to increase her powers. I mean they didn't even seem to care about her achieving level 5. they were just going to discard her once Exterior was complete. She goes to school, but also gets her esper curriculum done specially at the lab. Based on the fact that the researchers were going to dispose of her: is she a child error? We haven't ever seen a mention of her parents.

I don't think they'd be able to dispose of her if she weren't a child error without her parents prosecuting academy city and then causing trouble and unearthing the Exterior project. This means she probably is a child error. This might explain a lot. I mean she wasn't with her parents during the first part of Daihasesai. She was with the researcher, right? .................

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-04 at 17:35.
Old 2013-06-04, 17:42   Link #4157
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
By the way, this is kind of obvious now I realize. But the fact that Mikoto said that all level 5's at Tokiwadai started as level 1's seems to be true.
Where did she said that? I though Mikoto was the only "symbol of hard-work" in Academy City.
Old 2013-06-04, 17:43   Link #4158
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Where did she said that? I though Mikoto was the only "symbol of hard-work" in Academy City.
Near the beginning of the Railgun manga, Misaka says this to the person behind the Graviton incidents. She said: "Did you know, Tokiwadai's Level 5's were just level 1's? Nevertheless, they kept on trying and ..."

Yep. Chapter 5. page 23.

Mikoto doesn't mind being in the spotlight. Misaki prefers the shadows. They both accomplished this feat apparently. People weren't exactly sure whether Kamachi meant to have Mikoto say this or not at the time, but now it seems to be true.
Old 2013-06-04, 17:59   Link #4159
Haigon

The translator's note says that the kanji means "low-level esper"
Old 2013-06-04, 18:06   Link #4160
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
The translator's note says that the kanji means "low-level esper"
No. That's incorrect. Level 1 literally means low-rank esper in Japanese (it isn't level 1 or low-level esper, it's low-rank esper).

Index Wiki's scale:

Level 0= Person with no powers.
Level 1=Person with low powers. The Japanese translation literally matches to this: level 1.
Level 2=Person with Unusual powers.
Level 3= Person with Strong Powers.
Level 4= Person with Great Powers.
Level 5= Person with Super Powers.
Level 6= Person with Absolute powers.

You can check this on Index wiki. They both started out as level 1's. This is also written on Shokuhou Misaki's page on the Index wiki as being likely but not yet confirmed. I'm saying the fact that her power was once weak confirms this.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen