AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass 2 - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 4 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 17.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 24.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 6.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.45%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-04, 18:20   Link #21
Jagger

Wow, Togane the beagle killer, now he's really done it.
Old 2014-12-04, 18:23   Link #22
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

This episode was so tryhard.
What could we do to make him look as evil as possible?
Kill puppies!
I'm waiting for the moment when Tougane steals candy from a baby.

I was correct about the grandmother.She got a grand total of 40 secunds of screentime.I'm affaird that's not enough for me to really care about her.

Was there any point in animal-are-actually-humans thing?
Seems like an enormous waste of time and resources just to kill a few people.

I still can't get over the fact at the entier plot is only possible,because Sibyl behaves amazingly stupid.
Old 2014-12-04, 18:28   Link #23
tuckersister

Kogami appear off screen or a partial shadow is okay. It would connect him between the anime and the movie without him actually appearing in the anime. But Kogami is better for the movie. Maybe Kogami kills Togane in the last episode (Kogami would be in camo as in the movie).

Last edited by tuckersister; 2014-12-04 at 18:51.
Old 2014-12-04, 18:55   Link #24
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadek View Post

Was there any point in animal-are-actually-humans thing?
Seems like an enormous waste of time and resources just to kill a few people.
I got the impression that it was an attempt to cloud Akane's hue and see if it was true that nothing can affect her criminal coefficient.
Old 2014-12-04, 19:26   Link #25
Wolfpack

Wow. Last week I was hoping Akane would bring Mika back to the light somehow, but now I'm just so disappointed. I was kinda embarrassed for Mika when I saw her applauding the Sybil system - it reminded me of baby seals at the amusement park. Mika's reaction this week heavily illustrated how sheep-like human society is towards Sybil. It was kind of expected, but still a small blow in my mind how mindf*cked this is.

I'm kinda disappointed Sybil is trying to cloud Akane's Hue. I mean, we all knew they were enemies from season 1, but it seems kind of a waste/boring, from Sybil's POV, to get rid of Akane, unless that isn't the endgame and they have something else in store for her. That or they're just experimenting on Akane's Hue.

I hope Tougane gets killed. With my luck, he'll probably just get assimilated into the hive mind.
Old 2014-12-04, 21:46   Link #26
tuckersister

I still think Kogami should kill Togane.
Old 2014-12-04, 22:01   Link #27
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

"blook?"

Come on, Funimation.
Old 2014-12-04, 22:41   Link #28
Tormenk

Kougami showing up this late into the game will only feel forced. Better that he doesn't show up at all.

If Togane is criminally asymptomatic, how did he get the highest CC recorded? Isn't there a contradiction somewhere with this two facts?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2014-12-04, 22:43   Link #29
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Kougami showing up this late into the game will only feel forced. Better that he doesn't show up at all.

If Togane is criminally asymptomatic, how did he get the highest CC recorded? Isn't there a contradiction somewhere with this two facts?
He's probably not actually a genuine one. He was artificially made remember,he's a failure.
Old 2014-12-04, 23:23   Link #30
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
I was kinda embarrassed for Mika when I saw her applauding the Sybil system - it reminded me of baby seals at the amusement park.
That is a perfect analogy. I felt like she was going to say anything she could to keep Togami from killing her. She's definitely a suck up.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2014-12-04, 23:40   Link #31
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I felt like she was going to say anything she could to keep Togami from killing her. She's definitely a suck up.
To be fair, can you really blame her for not wanting to get her head blown off? I've been against her all season, but this is the one time you can't really fault her for how she's acting.
Old 2014-12-04, 23:54   Link #32
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
That is a perfect analogy. I felt like she was going to say anything she could to keep Togami from killing her. She's definitely a suck up.
Seriously, what is up with the writers in turning her to such a Scrappy Doo caricature? Why throw away the potential she had when she first joined the force?
Old 2014-12-05, 00:08   Link #33
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Actually, I think Sybil is basically right about Mika.

Oh, don't get me wrong - Mika is definitely experiencing some nasty cognitive dissonance due to finding out the truth about Sybil - but Mika is indeed the sort of person who just can't go against society.

Mika is the sort of person who needs to believe in her society, and her societal institutions. So Mika would always be a person supporting the status quo, whatever the status quo is for her society. She'd probably make a decent cop in Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. But unfortunately for her, she's in one of the worst positions a person of her mentality could be.

A key difference between Akane and Mika is that while both are "lawful", Akane is able to think outside the box and recognize the flaws and nuances in things without necessarily becoming rebellious. Mika can't think outside the box, which in fact is why she probably is legitimately intellectually impressed by Sybil. While a part of Mika is likely screaming in horror at how her society is ran by sociopaths, there's also a part of her that probably is in awe of the idea of a legal system that deals with sociopaths by absorbing sociopaths into the group running the legal system.

One more thing - Mika's character doesn't bother me because there are in fact people like Mika in the real world. I'd in fact argue that there's many more Mikas out there than there is their total opposite - the dashing rebellious rogues that you come across frequently in fiction. So I appreciate getting to see the definitive anti-rebel for a change.
Old 2014-12-05, 00:49   Link #34
Lenox

So basically Kamui is being set up as the antithesis to Sybil and Mika is probably going to die after somehow redeeming herself -_- yea.......
Old 2014-12-05, 01:39   Link #35
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
He's probably not actually a genuine one. He was artificially made remember,he's a failure.
He wasn't a failure. His numbers stayed low as he killed that beagle. It was in the 30's. His numbers are prob fudged so that he can continue his experimentation on people's hues.
Old 2014-12-05, 02:17   Link #36
J the Drafter

Last episode threatened to spend some time focusing on Mika's character. Good thing that didn't happen. Dodged a bullet there. Being serious, the way characters thought about situations and interacted with each other was a large part of what made the first season of Psycho-Pass so enjoyable for me, even though the above was rather limited in scope. (Being mostly limited to Akane's thoughts, and the Akane/Kougami and Ginoza/Masoka relationships.) I'd probably have more fun seeing Ginoza, Yayoi, and a misguided but earnest and understandable Mika go about life as part of the MWPSB than I am watching the show stretch out the mystery of Kamui the human jigsaw puzzle and his grand conspiracy. I was so excited about the ending of episode 8 because it promised some character development (and I'm fascinated by the idea of Mika becoming one of the latent criminals she used to despise as the foundation of her society and her means of pursuing justice crumbled beneath her; I think it could have been a very fun subplot if executed properly).

Even having Mika line up in favor of Sibyl isn't a bad thing. The kicker is that despite this whole paradigm shift to Mika's point of view, we aren't given any look into her head. This is a huge moment for Mika's character, and the writers don't seem to care about showing how it's affected her as a person. Maybe the writing staff are trying to set up a big moment where Mika reveals she was never on the Touganes' side, and lied to them to stay alive, but honestly? Fuck that. I'd take some exploration of a character who badly needs some depth over an "exciting" twist.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
Old 2014-12-05, 04:12   Link #37
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
He wasn't a failure. His numbers stayed low as he killed that beagle. It was in the 30's. His numbers are prob fudged so that he can continue his experimentation on people's hues.
He's a failure. A complete failure at that. A true asymptomatic criminal can't have a high number no matter what they do. His mother pretty much said that he's a failure in the episode when she said that unlike Mika,he has a high number.His number was low initially but exploded to insane levels latter on.
Old 2014-12-05, 04:26   Link #38
atua

Can someone explain what happened in the burning house scene? Because the translation in that scene was kind of bad. Who are the people in the burning house? Was it the politicians & business people who benefited from the Season of Hell? And what's the deal with the illegal immigrants?
Old 2014-12-05, 04:58   Link #39
itisjustme

I don't really understand how we went from the panicky Mika and seemingly bad things about to happen of last episode's end to everyone standing nicely in the office and Mika applauding like she's just been brainwashed or something.
Old 2014-12-05, 05:37   Link #40
atua

I already knew this season was a train wreck, but at this point I just hope that the creators don't turn this into a literal train wreck by causing an explosion under Nona Tower V for Vendetta style and then have Kamui & company "judging" the Sibyl brain tanks with their own dominators.
Closed Thread