Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-28, 17:33   Link #2761
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Blade is so cruel...
its people like him who i PKK on, and I love doing it until they cry to their friends to help them.
Old 2009-02-28, 17:37   Link #2762
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Pft, clearly you guys need a manly mans women, like my avatar! she can drink and eat with the best of em, what could go wrong!
Old 2009-02-28, 17:39   Link #2763
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Seconded. Or tsunderes. *hugs Misaka Mikoto*
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 19:07   Link #2764
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Pft, clearly you guys need a manly mans women, like my avatar! she can drink and eat with the best of em, what could go wrong!
don't forget howls at the moon and turns intoa giant wolf. I want a tough/shy girl like alkaid from .hack or kallen from Code Geass
Old 2009-02-28, 19:19   Link #2765
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Man, Blade...what the flock...
Old 2009-02-28, 19:42   Link #2766
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Speaking of ganking I do recall I DID gank someone once. Because it was a male blood elf named... Sephiroth<numbers>.

I ganked him for trying to look like him. I talked about it in General and some other people told me to gank him some more. He tried to counter-gank me once when I was half-dead and I still whooped him.

And he wasn't even that low level. (Death Knights we were)
Old 2009-02-28, 20:01   Link #2767
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The only people I gank are those asking for it (and it would generally be called defending one's territory rather than ganking). Attacking someone attacking Halaa, or someone attacking Westfall or Southshore repeatedly. Basically ganking the gankers. It is more amusing if its some level 50 or 60 Horde attacking Westfall repeatedly to hit them with a Chaos Bolt crit for almost 7,000 damage. Or to annoy the 80 that is ripping apart Southshore because he's bored. He usually kills me because I'm not geared for PvP and they generally are bored Arena players (judging by their gear).

I was one of those people attacking ghouls in lowbie areas during the Scourge Invasion because it annoyed me. I only got told off once, but thanked several times when I was cleaning out Northshire of the dozens of low level zombies someone had left behind (or was creating in the mine)
Old 2009-02-28, 22:14   Link #2768
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Speaking of ganking I do recall I DID gank someone once. Because it was a male blood elf named... Sephiroth<numbers>.

I ganked him for trying to look like him. I talked about it in General and some other people told me to gank him some more. He tried to counter-gank me once when I was half-dead and I still whooped him.

And he wasn't even that low level. (Death Knights we were)
You can't have numbers in your name :P
Old 2009-02-28, 22:39   Link #2769
Mr Hat and Clogs

<numbers> is probably his guild name.

I've ganked a couple people in the past! I felt alll dirty and evil afterwards.
Old 2009-02-28, 23:17   Link #2770
krisslanza

You can't have numbers in your name?
Huh. Thought you could. I know his name was Sephiroth but there's no way he was the FIRST to do that.

Oh man. Zombie event was such a pain... The idea was good. But people just used it as a way (*COUGH*GANKERS*COUGH*) to gank people on their own side.
Old 2009-02-28, 23:21   Link #2771
Mr Hat and Clogs

He could have had it reserved, or it could have been one of those names with accents like 'ü'.
Old 2009-02-28, 23:25   Link #2772
krisslanza

Probably accented it. And if he reserved that name that would've had to been done years ago. Probably just accented it.

He died like a wuss anyway
Old 2009-03-01, 05:23   Link #2773
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Oh man. Zombie event was such a pain... The idea was good. But people just used it as a way (*COUGH*GANKERS*COUGH*) to gank people on their own side.
That event was totaly awesome!

Nothing beats holding the Argent Dawn tent between bank and auction house as a group of paladins and shamans against the rambeling hordes of brain loving gankers.

And more and more fed up players came for help. We cleansed ogrimmar a few times completly. It was fun.
Old 2009-03-01, 08:30   Link #2774
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
its people like him who i PKK on, and I love doing it until they cry to their friends to help them.
Actually that doesn't work on me, if someone looks to be trying to camp me I just log and go do something else. I am a professional at ruining the fun of both gankees and gankers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner
Man, Blade...what the flock...
Yeah, I have a really warped sense of humor. And I like joking around about Saimoe because I realized that whole thing is pretty silly.

Zombie event was awesome, an invasion should mess with people's gameplay. And look at the alternative. A bunch of wimpy mobs standing out in the zones nobody ever goes to, just waiting to be killed. And now, a Lich King who stands there and watches as his entire army is systematically slaughtered while saying "oh well I'll get you guys next time". Not exciting.

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2009-03-01 at 09:10.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 09:10   Link #2775
krisslanza

Urgh... I don't care if an invasion is supposed to work that way. It was still annoying. People just used it as an excuse to gank people on their own side and cause grief for everyone. And if you tried to stop them they would insult you and wonder what the hell you were doing.

It was extremely annoying being in town. I don't think I played much during the invasion because I was tired of some PC Zombie running up and infecting everyone and I'd have to try and cure the infection before they turned the guards or auctioneers into zombies so they could laugh at them killing people. And then they would do it AGAIN...
Old 2009-03-01, 09:15   Link #2776
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Urgh... I don't care if an invasion is supposed to work that way. It was still annoying. People just used it as an excuse to gank people on their own side and cause grief for everyone. And if you tried to stop them they would insult you and wonder what the hell you were doing.

It was extremely annoying being in town. I don't think I played much during the invasion because I was tired of some PC Zombie running up and infecting everyone and I'd have to try and cure the infection before they turned the guards or auctioneers into zombies so they could laugh at them killing people. And then they would do it AGAIN...
It only lasted a little while though and it's something that will never happen again, people get too easily annoyed. It was a great shake-up in a game that had become stagnant. (Zombies?! But I have to "do my dailies"!) I still thought it was great even though I was rushing to get a character to 70 right in the middle of it. I guess it's a matter of opinion but I still hold it as one of the best things ever to happen in game.

The people who insulted you for killing the zombies are idiots though, trying to fight back against it and protect the lowbies was another integral part of the event.
Old 2009-03-01, 09:20   Link #2777
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
It only lasted a little while though and it's something that will never happen again, people get too easily annoyed. It was a great shake-up in a game that had become stagnant. (Zombies?! But I have to "do my dailies"!) I still thought it was great even though I was rushing to get a character to 70 right in the middle of it. I guess it's a matter of opinion but I still hold it as one of the best things ever to happen in game.

The people who insulted you for killing the zombies are idiots though, trying to fight back against it and protect the lowbies was another integral part of the event.
To them an "integral part of the event" was make a bunch of high-level zombies so you could kill the low level players over and over. Like I said it was gankers who wanted to gank people on their own side who really made the event so unbearable.

The overall idea was fine, it is an invasion yes it is meant to ruin things, but they just turned it into a form of ganking and griefing for their own side. I think some players even considered taking down their names and starting a blacklist for the server for players who went out of their way to ruin the game for new players.
Old 2009-03-01, 09:34   Link #2778
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Oh well, I had a ton of fun and my opinion on it will never change. I probably made it to a few blacklists myself when I camped the Keepers of Time NPC in Shattrath so nobody could port (they could have easily taken the normal way there instead of standing around for 15 minutes screaming at me though), good thing I don't play on that character or server anymore.
Old 2009-03-01, 10:12   Link #2779
Mr Hat and Clogs

I wiped out Quel'Danis island during that event... and Shattrath, it was good. >.>
Old 2009-03-01, 12:01   Link #2780
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I flew over Shatt during that...Aside from the quest later on...I didn't go down there....way too many zombies and nothing that could be done about it (no PvP combat).

What annoyed me was the intentional griefing...the ones that would intentionally get infected (by killing a roach in town), run into a highly populated area (like the aution house) Yell something like "Ha ha killed you all" then turned into a zombie and exploded to infect the entire room. Then doing it over and over again. Then those that complained when you spent time killing zombies. And finally those that were running around the starting zones...of their own side. When it was a Blood Elf or an Orc running around infecting lowbies, hey, Horde zombies. But when it was a bunch of humans and night elves doing it, "What the hell are you guys doing?" I think I spent more time running a patrol to Northshire than anything else during the invasion just to repeatedly clean it out. Sometimes there was a group of 70 zombies, sometimes there was only a single 35 zombie...and other times there was just the remains of an infection (dozens of level 1 zombies around the mine and across the river. They were densely packed enough with a high enough spawn rate to sustain a population of zombies even on the the last day if one PC infected the mine or the field). I did get into the habit of not attacking the PC zombie if he wasn't infecting PCs or vital NPCs...I just cleaned up their mess. But if they ran at me to infect me...Searing Pain and Dots or if I can get distance, Chaos Bolt, Incinerate spam. Burn it with fire.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows