AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-13, 21:07   Link #2921
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

roffles, first day of testing for Mimiron, and Warriors are whining that DK's are better at tanking the encounter already. Despite the fact a few of his abilities are bugged, with things like cast bars not showing.
Old 2009-03-13, 22:25   Link #2922
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
They do come up with good names. Mama Said Knock You Out is still my favourite, though. ^^

Yogg-Saron had better not simply be C'Thun 2.0. I'd like to think there's something more to it than simply another pseudo-hentai fight. Because most players fail so hard at killing tentacles.
Tentacles clearly get a very high resistance to being killed.
Because they're tentacles.

Damn tentacles.
Old 2009-03-13, 22:38   Link #2923
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mmmm tentacles.

I'm guessing it's not going to be the same fight. Too many "heros of the past" seem to be involved somehow if the voice files threads are accurate.

One wonders if you can "kill him".
Old 2009-03-14, 02:21   Link #2924
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm guessing it's not going to be the same fight. Too many "heros of the past" seem to be involved somehow if the voice files threads are accurate.
Spoiler for background lore:
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 05:40   Link #2925
Clarste
Human

I can imagine a fight where he shows you different visions of the past as the phases. Maybe actually fighting those historical figures or something (hallucinations, not time travel). I guess we'll find out soon enough though.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 08:33   Link #2926
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I really hope he drops another vanquished tentacle trinket, like C'thun.
Old 2009-03-14, 09:40   Link #2927
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I really hope he drops another vanquished tentacle trinket, like C'thun.
Yes, this needs to happen. Furbolg x Archmage Vargoth x Human Orphan x Tentacle. I will be an internet LEGEND. Er, um, nevermind...
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 21:36   Link #2928
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'd personally love to see a Caverns of Time: Battle for the Frozen Throne. That was easily my favourite mission of the RTS era. It was damn hard and felt really fulfilling to overcome the odds and finish it. Arthas vs Illidan - epic cinematic. Personally I think that would be a better time for those crazy time warper dragons to try and change history. Arthas was at his weakest at that point and only had Anub'arak to safeguard him. Illidan had greater numbers. Vashj and Kael'thas were also in the mix. Would really like to see that happen.

Edit: Some major news has finally surfaced. Thought you guys would like to know. Too much to say in a post here so I'll link.

3.1 Notes
Auriaya loot
Hodir loot

Now things are getting interesting! Decent loot has finally appeared. Tailoring is finally getting the buff it deserves. Fishing mount...heh heh heh. Scorch gets a major nerf - bet most Mages will go Arcane now, as I have. Druids get a slight feral buff but a major resto nerf. Spirit gets a HUGE nerf. Alchemy gets a buff. And lots more. Now I'm liking where 3.1 is going!

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2009-03-15 at 08:27.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 13:16   Link #2929
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'll note that one of the quest lines in Icecrown likes to play out Arthus vs Illidan.
Old 2009-03-15, 18:12   Link #2930
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Edit: Some major news has finally surfaced. Thought you guys would like to know. Too much to say in a post here so I'll link.

3.1 Notes
Auriaya loot
Hodir loot

Now things are getting interesting! Decent loot has finally appeared. Tailoring is finally getting the buff it deserves. Fishing mount...heh heh heh. Scorch gets a major nerf - bet most Mages will go Arcane now, as I have. Druids get a slight feral buff but a major resto nerf. Spirit gets a HUGE nerf. Alchemy gets a buff. And lots more. Now I'm liking where 3.1 is going!
I don't really see how the Scorch nerf changes anything at all for mages. You have to keep in mind that its a raid-wide debuff. Even if it's only 5%, the raid will still want at least one fire mage to keep it up, and arcane already has more dps. What exactly is changing to make arcane more appealing than fire?

Also, the spirit nerf is old news. They've claimed that they're also buffing the effect of talents like Meditation which let you regen mana while casting by an equal percentage, so it'll have the net effect of making mana regen while casting exactly the same while nerfing mana regen while not casting. Presumably this brings it closer in line with mp5.
Old 2009-03-15, 18:43   Link #2931
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Nothing is changing within Arcane. Furthermore, Arcane doesn't rely on crit that much, if at all. It's all about haste and regen. Fire is the crit reliant spec. So if anything they're nerfing Fire PvE and Frost PvP since Winter's Chill also gets the nerf. You can cast 2 Arcane Blasts within the same time you can cast 1 Frostfire Bolt. That will almost always do more damage, even if FFB crits.
Old 2009-03-15, 18:52   Link #2932
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Nothing is changing within Arcane. Furthermore, Arcane doesn't rely on crit that much, if at all. It's all about haste and regen. Fire is the crit reliant spec. So if anything they're nerfing Fire PvE and Frost PvP since Winter's Chill also gets the nerf. You can cast 2 Arcane Blasts within the same time you can cast 1 Frostfire Bolt. That will almost always do more damage, even if FFB crits.
They're nerfing the entire raid's spell crit by 5%. That's it. This includes any arcane mages present; they're also being nerfed by 5% spell crit. This doesn't affect the fire mages only. What you're saying though is that 5% crit matters more to fire mages than it does to arcane mages, which makes sense, but is that 5% loss to both them really enough to push it over the edge? Last I checked, arcane was better anyway. I don't think this nerf really means anything to fire mages at all, since raids will still want a token fire mage. It is a pretty significant nerf to all casters though.
Old 2009-03-16, 02:18   Link #2933
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Simple answer to the problem: Get a Moonkin.
Old 2009-03-16, 11:21   Link #2934
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Even now the 40% reduction in spirit regen makes me cry ;_;. Need the new equations so I can see how badly I get nerfed .

Holy priest changes are...bleh mostly. They're getting rid of our clearcasting talent (and the add-on talent which gives us haste for 2 spells) as well as changing our mana return spell completely (no more 25% mana of spell cost back if target is overhealed ). Good news is that the useless Divine Hymn spell is getting completely revamped and might actually be useful now . Oh, and Divine Spirit for all now .
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 13:17   Link #2935
BlankVoid

Send a message via AIM to BlankVoid Send a message via MSN to BlankVoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Simple answer to the problem: Get a Moonkin.
If you don't already have that or an elemental shaman, your raid is already suffering. Imp. Scorch/Winter's Chill are debuffs and not buffs. You would get 10% crit in the end after the nerf as opposed to 15% in live.
Old 2009-03-16, 13:27   Link #2936
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You'd be shocked how few raids know -or refuse to accept- the value of a Moonkin in their midst. Balance Druids are often forced to spec Resto for healing, sometimes Feral if the guild is low on tanks (varies per server, but if its different it's usually only the other way around).

Though I remember Vanilla wow had Balance Druids who could heal just as good as Resto druids.
Old 2009-03-16, 13:41   Link #2937
Clarste
Human

Moonkin give 5% spellcrit (if you don't have an ele shaman), 3% haste (if you don't have a ret pally), 3% spell hit (if you don't have a shadow priest), and +13% spell damage (if you don't have an unholy DK). Pretty good combo, but as you can see you don't need one if you have the rest of it. They also do decent dps.
Old 2009-03-16, 13:57   Link #2938
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
They are better at DPS now since they got 'fixed' a few patches ago. No longer are they OOMkins
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 15:06   Link #2939
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A decent mana regen spec/gear and there never was such a thing as OOMkins in the first place. -_-
Old 2009-03-17, 02:54   Link #2940
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

stack enough int and get a spriest/ret pally + mana tide, there shouldnt be any issues with mana

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows