AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-25, 13:22   Link #1801
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post

I'm thinking winter 2011. As in, Dec 2011/Jan 2012. 8)http://www.esnips.com/doc/315c480b-e...1-bcf187195585
If this becomes true, I'm going to devote my time waiting into hunting down wild raizoos. >':

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-06-25 at 14:30.
Old 2010-06-25, 19:14   Link #1802
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Looks like Unlimited Blade Works DVD is going to be released before Nanoha...
Old 2010-06-25, 21:00   Link #1803
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Looks like Unlimited Blade Works DVD is going to be released before Nanoha...
Honestly, I expected the DVD releases for both to be around the same time. Though it would make sense if they came out on different dates, I imagine two wildly popular franchises wouldn't want to compete for sales.
Old 2010-07-04, 19:24   Link #1804
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

At last, I could watch the movie screening at Japan Expo in France.

Sort of disappointed by it. I wasn't exactly impressed by the excessive approach of turning everything over the top (as in: power level, "drama" and *cough*yuri*cough*).

The notable changes were obviously how Nanoha and Fate were faring in battles. While they certainly made it entertaining with some very fast paced skirmish, it went really on the ridiculous power level increase: a drastic abuse of beam spam, instead of repeated use of "bullets" (I think they announed only once for the whole movie Divine Shooter and Plasma Lancer), with Nanoha having a "proto" Excelion mode, called "cannon mode", which she had the tendency of using it as a charging spear, and Fate with her glaive form with a similar approach.

Of course, the most ridiculous portion (in both good and bad way) was SLB. To be honest, the last Divine Buster looked like SLB, then Nanoha suddenly casted a genki dama (leeching mana from Fate as well... huho)... that and Nanoha's angelic/god-like descent that brought a new level of cheesiness
Well, it was the usual overpowering blast but it was much more "powerful" looking than in A's / Strikers. That said, Fate's "ultimate", Spark End was cool, albeit different.

Aside from the escalating power level show (which will lead to many problems if they want to make a A's movie), the drama itself was a bit overtone/undertone at times. Some overdramatization wasn't exactly welcomed in my books (such like some of Arf's over reaction, aside of Precia's "fun" time, or when Fate was weirdly wounded by Chrono to the point of bleeding, despite it was magic... unless it is a retcon, which is associated to Tyana's).
While they did cut short of Fate's situation at times (such like the blunt removal of her "limbo scene" and her interaction with Alicia).

However, they did a good job at adding extra content such like Precia's flashbacks, explaining how Alicia died, how Lynith was born etc.

As for the quality itself... nothing really special: they didn't use any design different from the series, so there wasn't any impression of "good quality", but it wasn't bad either: it was working as intended. Likewise, the soundtrack was very similar to season 1, borrowing a lot from it. That being said, they kept the animation flow well.

The design... is okay, it is sort of amusing that Nanoha got some "gundam effect" due to her henshin (notably the metallic noise when her chestplate appeared, and the SCREWS going through her wirst guards).
I'm not exactly fan of RH and Bardiche new designs though: RH is basically the excellion version, with a very odd mix of color, since various parts of RH looked a bit out of the way, due to the colors. Bardiche basically became an axe, and it is funny to see Fate wielding it ore often as a PHYSICAL axe, instead of using the Scythe form with the beam scythe blade.
Speaking of the device, while RH became much more talkative (a bit too much), Bardiche voice was weird... I have no idea if they changed its voice actor or if they asked him to perform differently, but he sounded much less "robotic" and a bit out of the place as result.

The show was very entertaining on its own right, but it really catered ever single content tidbit on the fancy of the fans of the original series a bit too much... it is still capable of being a stand alone, but it is mainly a eye candy remake for fans.
The scripting was sort of poor, with things going all over the place literally (scenes weren't really getting a smooth transition, and you got badly timed flashbacks etc).

Good, but doesn't really "upgrade" the first season.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-07-07 at 08:25. Reason: typo
Old 2010-07-04, 20:24   Link #1805
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

Aside from the escalating power level show (which will lead to many problems if they want to make a A's movie), the drama itself was a bit overtone/undertone at times. Some overdramatization wasn't exactly welcomed in my books (such like some of Arf's over reaction, aside of Precia's "fun" time, or when Fate was weirdly wounded by Chrono to the point of bleeding, despite it was magic... unless it is a retcon, which is associated to Tyana's).

Too bad you didn't like it all that much.

Just one thing to comment on -- I wouldn't call it a retcon, but magic can damage. The cast is generally just too 'nice' to use it's damaging effects. Chrono was intent with stopping Fate to the point of hurting her, and he did just that. I believe it was stated that people who are bad at controling magic may end up "hurting" people, because it's hard for them to use their magic to only stun enemies, rather than physically hurt them. Actually, didn't Fate have that white bandage around her whole arm because of Chrono? Well, she had that same thing on her in the original season, so while they may not of shown blood during the season, the attack still clearly hurt her.

I didn't personally find it over-dramatized, but maybe that's just me. At least not any more than the original season, in terms of "drama". The power levels, yes...they had a considerable increase, but that was mostly with Nanoha.

Oh and another -- "Interaction with Alicia" Wasn't that only in A's?

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-07-04 at 20:41.
Old 2010-07-04, 20:40   Link #1806
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The mention of badly timed flashes reminds me of Caro reminiscing in the middle of Erio's beat-up.
Old 2010-07-04, 22:57   Link #1807
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
According to SevenArcs staff from japanexpo (too bad i haven't meet you Klashikari), the film took a lot of time to be made, no vacancy, no rest...
Because of it, the DVD and the Blu-Ray version will took a lot of time to be released.

Oh and... They really don't like questions about the future of the Franchise. I mean, i asked them about Force and Vivid to be possibly adapted into Anime and they don't planning anything at the moment. As for the possible French localisation, a simple : No, never!.

About the movie, i have really like it.
Spoiler for except...:
Old 2010-07-04, 23:14   Link #1808
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Japan expo in France must really be big. Or just a lot of French Nanoha fans.

About the questions - Someone implied they asked about a "Nanoha the movie 2nd" -- I couldn't tell if they were assuming it or this was the response to their question, but the poster said "There might be a second movie"
Old 2010-07-04, 23:34   Link #1809
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
About the questions - Someone implied they asked about a "Nanoha the movie 2nd" -- I couldn't tell if they were assuming it or this was the response to their question, but the poster said "There might be a second movie"
That's also what I heard from a friend who attended the conference. From what she told me the answer to a second movie was something like : "We needed 1 year and an half to produce the first movie so please give us some time for the second one".
Sounds like they are actually planning it but it might be too early to announce it (no sufficient art to provide to mag and such?)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo-kun
Oh and... They really don't like questions about the future of the Franchise. I mean, i asked them about Force and Vivid to be possibly adapted into Anime and they don't planning anything at the moment. As for the possible French localisation, a simple : No, never!.
That's... I don't get it. Why would they invite Yukarin and project the Movie during the Japan Expo and then decide not to license the serie? :/
Old 2010-07-04, 23:55   Link #1810
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
That's also what I heard from a friend who attended the conference. From what she told me the answer to a second movie was something like : "We needed 1 year and an half to produce the first movie so please give us some time for the second one".
Sounds like they are actually planning it but it might be too early to announce it (no sufficient art to provide to mag and such?)...
Will be one heck of a present for me if/when they do. I just wonder what it will be about. The more I think about it, the less I think an A's movie will work.

It's not too late for A's to strikerS transition. *crosses fingers*
Old 2010-07-05, 05:19   Link #1811
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
Did you ask them outside of the conference? I'm pretty sure I didn't hear these questions, although someone did ask if there was a possibility to have a free-zone dvd/blue ray of the japanese release, with possibly english subtitles.

As far as it goes, Mr Mishima was vaguely explaining that for US and Europe, it will highly depend of the fans feedback (through mails etc). though, he did encourage fans to watch the movie if they couldn't by all means, implying internet

Quote:
Japan expo in France must really be big. Or just a lot of French Nanoha fans.
Not really. In fact, the way how the staff handled Nanoha screening and Yukarin was extremely poor.
Seriously, the number of people attending both the signing session and the conference was extremely low. I didn't expect a surge of fans due to the lack of true french community for nanoha/Yukarin, but with all the crap they did about the planning of these events, it was much worse.

What really made me astonished like no tomorrow was the incompetence of the translator, and the fact they made a "hidden" news of these events, mentioning that Yukarin was the voice actress for... Fate.
Yes, you read it right, it is here (even if you don't understand French, you really will see the giant blunder).
Old 2010-07-05, 06:05   Link #1812
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Seriously, the number of people attending both the signing session and the conference was extremely low. I didn't expect a surge of fans due to the lack of true french community for nanoha/Yukarin, but with all the crap they did about the planning of these events, it was much worse.
The signing session only last for 1 hour right? I know several people who tried to get a signature and they didn't get it because there was already too many "fans" there.
Now I'm sure that if the communication had been handled in a better way, there would have been much more people to the conference too.
But yeah, they really did there best to mess-up everything .
Old 2010-07-05, 06:27   Link #1813
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Bilbain have been able to get a signature from Yukaritan
Old 2010-07-05, 06:41   Link #1814
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
As for the possible French localisation, a simple : No, never!.

I am joining the chorus of "why are you even doing it then ?"
Old 2010-07-05, 06:46   Link #1815
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
The signing session only last for 1 hour right? I know several people who tried to get a signature and they didn't get it because there was already too many "fans" there.
Now I'm sure that if the communication had been handled in a better way, there would have been much more people to the conference too.
But yeah, they really did there best to mess-up everything .
That's really weird... did they got the coupon for her signature? Or was it the queue for the coupon that was a trouble to get in?
Because trust me, I know the one who got the very last coupon and it was ludicrous: at 11:00AM.
Generally, most "first arrived, first served" coupons are all given around 10:15 - 10:30 (especially Hojo's, which were basically all distributed to these insane premium ticket holders even before the gates open to the commoners). But as for Yukarin, it is as if she was barely about to be "sold", to be crude.

Afterwards, at the given signature desk, we were all waiting for our signature quite relaxed... The queue was like... 20 people at most, and Yukarin could do all of them within 30 minutes or something. So I'm sort of surprised about how some coupons holders couldn't get their signature after all.

[/off topic]

I think I will make a blog article about it, but I really hope communication and management of such event won't be as stupid as this year JE, otherwise it will crumble on itself. The fact the screening itself was announced in a HIDDEN page, barely 3 days before the said screening is worse than any amateurish planning management you can get... and that's for an event with more than 100000 attendents.
Most if not all Nanoha/Yukarin fans knew about this fact thanks to the official japanese website and Yukarin's blog. I would expect the complete opposite but whatever.
Old 2010-07-05, 09:02   Link #1816
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
The more I think about it, the less I think an A's movie will work.
Well, if it's all compressed into a single movie, then A's as a movie would definitely not work since it has more detail to it than season one did. But you never know, they might make two movies or so to cover it.

Hey, I can dream.
Old 2010-07-05, 09:25   Link #1817
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Quote:
Did you ask them outside of the conference? I'm pretty sure I didn't hear these questions, although someone did ask if there was a possibility to have a free-zone dvd/blue ray of the japanese release, with possibly english subtitles.
I ask them after the movie , before i was cutted by this announcement of Black Buttler Season 2 =_=

For Nina and French People : http://www.gamekult.com/blog/otaku-s...Expo+2010.html
otaku-sama feedback of Japan Expo 2010, it contains the interview of Yukari Tamura and Akio Mishima.

Last edited by IchiKyo; 2010-07-05 at 13:35.
Old 2010-07-05, 20:39   Link #1818
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Finally done with the blog article regarding the JE, except I've done it in english so anyone can read it.
I've managed to reconstruct the questions that were asked and the answers (the vast majority is based on the movie, obviously).

That being said, I certainly don't want relying on the "complex" answer or these "personal subjects", considering how the translator wasn't any good.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-07-05 at 21:18.
Old 2010-07-05, 22:31   Link #1819
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Long blog post, but good. ^^

Quote:
(Mereck had Mai’s poster from the Memorial Box, a lot of people were carrying a Nanoha Figure, etc).
Was there a lot of various Nanoha merch...or only a little?

But egh, Yukari's favorite character is Precia, lolz.

Is nice that you all got a Nanoha keychain. The same one given to those who pre-ordered their tickets for the movie in Japan? Probably didn't get a Fate one because it hasn't technically released yet. It's supposed to be bundled with some puchi nendo set release in the near future..

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-07-05 at 23:06.
Old 2010-07-05, 23:47   Link #1820
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Well Killy, if it makes you feel any better, Yukarin's favourite characters she's voiced are Rika and Nanoha, iirc. Something about how they don't give up.

As for Japan Expo.... Not gunna lie, only read the parts involving mai hime-sama, Klashikari. As much as I love France, I have no money and would rather stay back in the country instead of the city. :V Mate got KitaEri signature for me, so I'm content.

Hory shet, want to punch whoever organized anything involved with her in the face, ololol. I already knew about the voicing up slip-up thanks to Nina o'er thar, but dayum. One of the most famous seiyuu idol of today.... So, what's up with these "translators" at conventions not being up to snuff? Daicon's Chihara Minori's "marriage" thing immediately comes to my mind.

C'mon Movie1st, release on my birthday! :D

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Closed Thread