AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-05, 02:11   Link #1001
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

OST 2 certainly takes Nyan Furo a step further. Can't wait for it to come out on torrents.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 02:28   Link #1002
Dansen
U-u-u-aua

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaDansen View Post
Is there a B side for My Boyfriend is a Pilot too, then?

Anyways, just got it. It's amazing, especially the new versions of Diamond Crevasse and Do You Remember Love.

I have a request. All my track titles are in japanese and I want to rename them into their english translations. So could someone please post the japanese characters and english translation for the track titles? You only need to do this for the BGMs, because I could recognize the vocal tracks.
Please ignore this request. I didn't realize Wikipedia had the japanese characters in their tracklisting. That question about a B side for My Boyfriend is a Pilot still stands, however

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
OST 2 certainly takes Nyan Furo a step further. Can't wait for it to come out on torrents.
It's out on torrent...am I allowed to say where it's out?
Old 2008-10-05, 03:05   Link #1003
wolfboy
:3

I really like "is this love?". I don't recall where this was played in the series...anyone?
wolfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 03:13   Link #1004
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaDansen View Post
Please ignore this request. I didn't realize Wikipedia had the japanese characters in their tracklisting. That question about a B side for My Boyfriend is a Pilot still stands, however
The song you're looking for is the second B-side on the same single as Do You Remember Love.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 03:35   Link #1005
magnuskn

I donīt know if the OST2 has the same comments by Elmo on the individual songs, but if it has, would anyone care to translate them? It was very amusing to read those comments for OST1, after all.
Old 2008-10-05, 04:20   Link #1006
crayven

Quote:
And Do you remember love for me, too. The one I downloaded off torrent sadly didn't have the long version of these 2 songs.
crayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 04:33   Link #1007
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
out

my personal favourites are

prologue F
shadow of micheal :'(
aimo - OC (the battle-theme Aimo one)
triangle fight on stage
トランスフォーメーション (transformation)
Lion
妖精 - fairy
追憶のトランペット - prayer reminiscence something (?)
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 04:46   Link #1008
rei_lied

I still can't kind the torrent!

can someone pm me for a link or something...(is that allowed? I'm think I'm going to be ban for this... )
Old 2008-10-05, 06:01   Link #1009
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The three tracks i wanted from the series are on the second soundtrack, so that's made me extremely happy. They are:

HighSchoolLife
Reminiscence Trumpet (i absolutely adore this piece <3)
shadow of Michael
Old 2008-10-05, 07:59   Link #1010
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
I really like "is this love?". I don't recall where this was played in the series...anyone?
I could be wrong but parts of it were used in episode 22, AltoxSheryl scene (i.e. at Alto's home)
Old 2008-10-05, 13:03   Link #1011
rei_lied

Finally got hold of a copy! It's so awesome! I'm now so tempted to buy the cd.

Favorites in the OST2:
1. Nyan Nyan Service Medley - Really like the Do You Remember Love here.
2. Triangler (fight on stage) -- I can see that Ranka had a hard time when she sang the "atashi part" (2:43)
3. Yousei - A clearer version at last!
4. Empty Diamond Crevasse - sugoi!
5. Prologue F - is this the bgm played during Alto x Sheryl moments? or is it "Is this love?"
Old 2008-10-05, 13:19   Link #1012
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
out

追憶のトランペット - prayer reminiscence something (?)
Reminiscence trumpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_lied View Post
5. Prologue F - is this the bgm played during Alto x Sheryl moments? or is it "Is this love?"
I still find "Is this Love" *closer* in terms of being played during AxS moments (but perhaps with less percussion). Still, I could be entirely wrong.

Last edited by forgottendiary; 2008-10-05 at 13:34.
forgottendiary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:06   Link #1013
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
I could be wrong but parts of it were used in episode 22, AltoxSheryl scene (i.e. at Alto's home)
Yes! I was thinking the same thing. Too bad they didn't play the whole thing, it's an interesting piece.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 22:01   Link #1014
wolfboy
:3

Duet Triangler is less crappy. There a couple of little nuances that I like and its growing on me a little bit. Still don't like the song though.

Never cared for Diamond Crevasse but Empty Diamond Crevasse is a lot better than the original.

Anata no Oto's catchiness diminishes fast upon repeated listens.

Yousei sounds good but getting bored of it like Anata no Oto. Outros a little less annoying, but still hate the very last line with a passion. That last repetition sticks out a like a sore thumb.

DYRL is okay but I miss the funky bassline from the Deculture version.

Prologue F, Blue Ether, is this Love, Shadow of Michel are all good.

I like all the little sound effects and subtle melody in Aimo OC that I missed while watching it during the show.

Nyan Nyan Service Medley. I like how they threw in a little bit of Sheryl's My Boyfriend's a Pilot...and damn them to hell for teasing Maaya Sakamoto Aimo at the end! There was a little more of it in ep25 that they cut short. Just give us the full thing already!

Protoculture's organic water and creature effects work really well as an ender to the album.

As I feared, they left out episode 10's BGM from the Sheryl/Alto kiss on the beach/Ranka determination scene. Stupid OST3, who knows how long that's gonna be. Overall, I kind of liked OST1 more. Maybe it needs more time to incubate.

Now for Top 10:
1. DYRL Deculture version (why oh why is it so short! this is seriously the only MF song I can keep on repeat without getting sick of, minus the terrible outro)
2. Aimo ~Tori no Hito~
3. What Bout my Star @ Formo
4. Blue Ether
5. My Boyfriend's a Pilot
6. Welcome to my Fanclub's Night
7. Empty Diamond Crevasse
8. Yousei
9. What Bout my Star (Sheryl ver)
10. DYRL ~bless the little queen~

Eh, what can I say. Not a big May'n fan. Megumi's voice is a lot easier on the ears despite her lower vocal range.

Last edited by wolfboy; 2008-10-07 at 04:03. Reason: order keeps switching
wolfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 23:50   Link #1015
Minari

What would make OST II even better would be if there was a Aimo Maaya Sakamoto version or Sheryl version.. That was like the only thing i was disappointed about but other then that everything else was spectacular
Minari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 00:01   Link #1016
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Holy.
F***ing.
God.

I turned on my separate digital-analog converter, and put on my trust Grado SR 60 headphones. Empty Diamond Crevasse.

I am in tears.

I thought Diamond Crevasse can't be more AWESOME than it already was (of every single song or music that was that has been released so far I loved Diamond Crevasse the most), but the empty version proved me wrong. May'n put even more emotions into the song than the original version - probably because she too has a better grasp of how Sheryl feels now and the overall story. Amazing. Heart gripping. I love May'n. I love Sheryl Nome (even more). Kanno Yoko is a god of music.

This will now forever be my god song.
Also I am not a pirate. I own every single Macross Frontier CD released, and already got Nyan Tora ordered late August =)

Last edited by W-General; 2008-10-06 at 01:35.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 09:07   Link #1017
Tabris

You know what would have been nice.

That Diamond Crevasse duet in episode 2, even though we only got a little bit, a full song would have been fantastic.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 19:15   Link #1018
rei_lied

We also need Don't Be Late Version played on Macross All That VF
Old 2008-10-07, 00:51   Link #1019
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Well, have just got the time to listen OST2 and I must say, compared to OST1, this OST is a lot more... Orchestral than 1st one. Nearly all the BGM, which I surprisingly like (a surprise since I always thought ALL BGM in animes are crappy), arranged in orchestral instrument.

My favourites from the BGMs would be "Is this LOVE?", "Prologue F", and "Battle Frontier". Certainly though "Reminiscence Trumpet" reminds me of something... Was it from certain Xeno game...? Or Chrono Game...?Or probably KH...? Not sure, but it's a generic piece for me

As for the vocal songs...

Triangler Duet is a much better song than the original (Sorry, but I'm of the camp that Triangler is a screeching song for the original-Maaya fails to deliver the song properly for my ears). I prefer Megumi's vocal for this one-she definitely do give a better and clearer deliverance on the high part where Maaya sound like a screeching siren . May'n give more of a better support on this piece with her low-pitch voice, but that doesn't mean her voice don't impress me as much as Megumi's in the main parts My real disappointment is just the opening where May'n sounds so broken IMO.

Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse is a pure gem in OST2-more emotional than the original and the accoustic arrangement hit my spot. No more comments other than my definite favourite song in Macross F.

Yousei is beautiful. Nuff said. Out of all new songs that is introduced, it is my favorite. (SnDC is not really a new song, but a really beautiful arrangement of original DC) I admit some of the outros is really bugging me for a while, but it doesn't make me love the song less.

Anata no Oto actually catch my attention even though it gets a little repetitive upon hearing it so many times. But for me, Megumi's voice is actually quite soothing in the middle part.

Seikan Hikou... What can I say... It's my personal hated song. I just have a bad impression with the song since it is coupled with Kira! Dance (Blech, me hates Kira! like a disease- Someone in IRC bring to Kira! phrase & gesture into the same level of Basara's "LISTEN TO MY SONG" crap...). On the music though, it's very J-pop ish, so... Very ordinary song for me

Ao no Ether is very melancholic in the lyric, and Megumi DOES sound emotional even though it still has not reached May'n level. Beautiful yet melancholic piece, but not really have a memorable impression to me.

Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?~Bless The Queen... I actually like this arrangement more than the original one I can't say no to orchestral piece! Despite that gotta be impressed on how Megumi can sound emotionless for this piece.

Aimo O.C... Don't give a damn for this one But the upbeat part makes me give a plus point since the original Aimo is too soothing that I fell asleep

Nyan-Nyan Service Medley is what I call an exciting crazy piece of trainwreck. My favorite parts would be the transition from What Bout My Star to Lion-which I say perfectly done and The Diamond Crevasse Arrangement-Boy, one more emotional arrangement for DC! Though I admit the transition to Seikan Hikou killed all the melancholic emotions to pieces due to Kira! Phrase Oh and actually, Ai Oboete Imasu Ka? and Lion does not mix good... At all But a faster pace for it does bring a smile to me

And damnit! Gimme full Sheryl's Watashi no Kare wa Pilot and also Maaya's (and Sheryl's) Aimo, you evil producers! Those teasing is making me dead of frustration!

Overall, a good album-better than the first OST in its BGM term, and probably on the Vocal Songs. Originality though... Most of vocal songs are arrangements or have been released in Singles, so lose points in there. But as long as the arrangements is still beautiful, I don't think I will complain at all

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 06:14   Link #1020
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

My faves in OST2

HighSchoolLife- love this because its the song for the preview chapters
Azure Ether- this is really a sad song that could fit Megumi for once ...
Empty Diamond Crevasse- no comment but EPIC!! ive waited long for this!!!
Seikan Hikou- regular J-pop song but children would sure love this.........
Do you remember love?~bless little queen~: as Westlo has said its good too :3
I think I liked it more than Mimmay's and the 1st one!!
NyanNyanServiceMedley-EPIC!! wow if you want a preview of songs of macross frontier then you've got one here! :3 I love May'n and Megumi's voice together here the best! :3 but cant still beat my empty diamond crevasse !

Overall-loved it! must see new songs on Movie now I totally agree that without Music macross isnt that intresting
MUSIC + MACROSS + SHERYL = ♥
skyfirefly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music