AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 50 46.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 23.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-23, 04:02   Link #201
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
2 is just conjecture though.

I think she never actually looked while in school, only during the trip.

That's conjecture as well.
did we really see Mei take her eye patch off when she looked at the Another?? hmmmmmm
Old 2012-03-23, 06:53   Link #202
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
did we really see Mei take her eye patch off when she looked at the Another?? hmmmmmm
There was a very important moment in this episode where I noticed the camera focuses on Mei putting her eyepatch back on where a lot of people were gathered. I would say it's very likely that the Another is one of the people in that scene.

Too bad just about all the main characters were together at that moment with only 2 exceptions, so the Another could be just about anybody.

Spoiler for when she does this:
Old 2012-03-23, 08:43   Link #203
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
I don't get what you're saying. For one it could've happened offscreen, since she's not the viewpoint character. Also, "when she looked at the Another" implies that we already know who it is, which we don't.
Old 2012-03-23, 09:59   Link #204
velderia
Former NEET.

Squirming in my seat trying to finish this episode, for real.

Edit: Okay managed to skim through it. God damn. 9/10
Old 2012-03-23, 11:15   Link #205
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
There was a very important moment in this episode where I noticed the camera focuses on Mei putting her eyepatch back on where a lot of people were gathered. I would say it's very likely that the Another is one of the people in that scene.

Too bad just about all the main characters were together at that moment with only 2 exceptions, so the Another could be just about anybody.

Spoiler for when she does this:
It's prob one of the main characters. The death count picture in the stickied thread gives us their pics. If they are not in the scene, they aren't on my list of suspects. Kouichi was already cleared so he's off the list too.
Old 2012-03-24, 15:27   Link #206
mochichan

This anime creeping me out so much :\
But man this is good trying to figure out who's the dead person >w<
Old 2012-03-24, 16:28   Link #207
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The problem with the "who is dead" question, is that there have been absolutely no clues for the audience.
Old 2012-03-24, 17:49   Link #208
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
The problem with the "who is dead" question, is that there have been absolutely no clues for the audience.
There have been plenty enough clues, believe me. Too bad it'll be over next week...but at least then it will be obvious that there were clues.
Old 2012-03-24, 18:09   Link #209
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
You can get the gist of who the Other is by just watching the anime, although watching all episodes in one go would help. However to get a conclusive evidence you need to scrutinize some scenes with a magnifying glass.

I managed to find out by myself which character is the Other with sufficient arguments just watching the anime (although I wasn't completely on the mark about other aspects of its identity). I wasn't very productive at work in the week between episode 10 and 11 though ^^;; too many distracting thoughts.
Old 2012-03-24, 19:01   Link #210
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
There have been plenty enough clues, believe me. Too bad it'll be over next week...but at least then it will be obvious that there were clues.
I read over some (but not all) of the spoilers, and to be honest I still don't see how they're clues. It seems more like things that stand out in hindsight, but their significance isn't a true clue so much as the informed viewer trying to make something out of them. Then again, the spoilers were still confusing as heck to me, and I don't feel much better-informed than before I had read them...
Old 2012-03-24, 19:23   Link #211
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I read over some (but not all) of the spoilers, and to be honest I still don't see how they're clues. It seems more like things that stand out in hindsight, but their significance isn't a true clue so much as the informed viewer trying to make something out of them ..
Well what else are clues when you get down to it. Even in a classical detective story a hint won't jump into your face and scream ''recognize me''...at least not in a story that is a challenge. In hindsight everything stands out more, but in a good story it is the audience's role to either make sense of them or admit defeat. Yes, there are stories which fail to keep their clues consistent but in Another there is rrally just one sensible solution.
Old 2012-03-24, 19:37   Link #212
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I define a "clue" as:

A piece of information that on its own, or in conjunction with other established clues, points toward the revelation.

Already knowing about the revelation and making sense of an information bit in hindsight does not make said information bit a clue.

That is, if you ask me, anyways.
Old 2012-03-24, 19:51   Link #213
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Well what else are clues when you get down to it. Even in a classical detective story a hint won't jump into your face and scream ''recognize me''...at least not in a story that is a challenge. In hindsight everything stands out more, but in a good story it is the audience's role to either make sense of them or admit defeat. Yes, there are stories which fail to keep their clues consistent but in Another there is rrally just one sensible solution.
I agree with Dengar, and it's more or less what I'm trying to say. What I mean is, in looking over some of the "clues," they really don't point to anything. In hindsight, we may think to ourselves, "oh, that's sort of weird that they chose to do that. Yeah, I could see how that was supposed to be a clue," but it's not really a clue at all - it's just us trying to see things that aren't really there.

Let's discuss this some more when the series ends. You could be right. I didn't completely spoil the series for myself, and as a result perhaps the clues will seem more like real clues to me once I understand everything. I think it would be interesting to discuss the significance of a number of these clues, though.
Old 2012-03-25, 18:52   Link #214
Yvese

Quote:
There have been many "subtle" clues.

Obviously they don't want to give out clues that make it obvious. That would ruin the fun of the anime. Speculation and skepticism is what makes animes like Another great.

The two most important clues I have found though are the following:

- Episode 1 prologue. All the significant events in the series are shown
- Opening theme changes everytime someone dies ( The sequence of characters changes )

One thing that a lot of stories like Another share is that the big revelation almost always centers around significant characters in the story. This means that the 'another' is most definitely not some side character that barely got any screen time.
Old 2012-03-26, 04:49   Link #215
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Neither of those clues are present in the actual story so they don't count. I don't pay attention to stuff like that.
Old 2012-03-26, 06:13   Link #216
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There are actually clues pointing to the another in the very early episodes. The problem is that the conjuncture is a bit shrouded with red herring and whatnot.
Old 2012-03-26, 07:02   Link #217
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I define a "clue" as:

A piece of information that on its own, or in conjunction with other established clues, points toward the revelation.

Already knowing about the revelation and making sense of an information bit in hindsight does not make said information bit a clue.

That is, if you ask me, anyways.
I think what we got was closer to "hints" than "clues". These hints don't mean much on their own, but if you put them all together, they point to one individual in particular. It was definitely possible for somebody who had no knowledge of the novel (like me) to accurately deduce who the identity of the extra person was, though there was no way to be 100% certain unless you gathered another clue (and that one was very very hard to get).
Old 2012-03-26, 07:07   Link #218
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Please remember that:

- This is episode 11 thread, so speculations on who's the other and how much clues were given are out of place here. Even more so if they reveal too much.

- In a few hours, last episode will air and everybody will get their answers, right or wrong, pleasant or disappointing, surprising or obvious. Until that, please refrain and let those who don't know enjoy the ride until the very end.
Old 2012-03-26, 07:12   Link #219
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Well what else are clues when you get down to it. Even in a classical detective story a hint won't jump into your face and scream ''recognize me''...at least not in a story that is a challenge.
I think Ledgem means that a clue is a type of information, that would enable a relatively smart person to figure it out.
A clue that confuses the hell out of you or is too hidden is by definition not a clue.

Interesting that you mention classical detective stories, because frankly, this is what always annoyed me about Sherlock Holmes stories or Hercule Poirot.
It always amazed and annoyed me, how they can pull the right conclusions seemingly out of nowhere, because not even in hindsight do I think the evidence points unmistankingly towards the one and only conclusion. So usually after the superdetective revealed the truth to the audience, I felt screwed over. In most cases I didnt think he could have guessed the truth by the evidence provided.... or to put it differently, the evidence was painting a million of different scenarios and the fact the detective managed to pick the right one looked as likely to me as a win in the lottery.
Old 2012-03-26, 09:49   Link #220
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I just marathoned 9-11 and holy hot damn!! I mean 11 was just crazy! I actually yelped when Maeshima grabbed Kouichi's leg. Wasn't expecting that at all!

This series is simply fabulous, I cant wait to see how it all ends in 12.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Closed Thread