AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-04-30, 21:17   Link #1521
Xagzan

Ok, but both these posts are just leading back to my original question: I don't understand why people are saying he's such a great player, such an all star that is worthy of building a team around, when I've seen all those shortcomings I've mentioned that apparently have been a problem for a while without improvement.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 01:04   Link #1522
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Howard is alright in my opinion. he would be more beastly if he can do good with free throws.
I guess when your team suck, you also suck. when I saw him play back in Magic, he was
really good. all the players have to think twice before entering for a layoff when Howard
was defending. Lakers needed to give him the ball more often so that he can
get the double team and free someone off for a clean shot outside. but then again,
even if he did manage to get the double team, his team have a bunch of bad
% throwers. they'll just miss and miss and miss.

I say they keep Howard but get better younger throwers and people that can attack the rim would
be awesome. trade away Pau Gasol (I kind of like him though), trade away stupid
World Metta Peace (I didn't just say that...lol), trade away Kobe (ha ha ha ha).
oh yeah, and better coach...I guess. but whatever, Lakers going to have a WHOLE lot of mess
trying to get back into the game and be at champion level again. good luck!
-------------------------------------

anyways, Clippers lost today. so Grizzlies is leading 3-2, yikes! i'm starting to lose hope
in Clippers winning now.
Old 2013-05-01, 07:01   Link #1523
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Ok, but both these posts are just leading back to my original question: I don't understand why people are saying he's such a great player, such an all star that is worthy of building a team around, when I've seen all those shortcomings I've mentioned that apparently have been a problem for a while without improvement.
He had back surgery and is nowhere near the player he was in Orlando, Orlando Howard joining the rockets makes them top tier in the West.

Beverly (lol Lin)
Harden
Parsons
PF acquired from trading Asik
Howard

Howards not shaq, but he doesn't need to be and he's the most dominate big man defender in the game. (just not this year due to back surgery)

the hilarious thing is if Howard walks the lakers are still way over the cap and can't do anything.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 05:58   Link #1524
sky black swordman

The Boston Celtics take game 5 and force a game 6, the NY Knicks still leads the series 3 -2. To be honest, I thought this series would have done by now.

The Rockets also take game 5 against the OKC Thunder, but the series is still 3-2.
Old 2013-05-02, 07:10   Link #1525
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
The Boston Celtics take game 5 and force a game 6, the NY Knicks still leads the series 3 -2. To be honest, I thought this series would have done by now.

The Rockets also take game 5 against the OKC Thunder, but the series is still 3-2.
Agreed, the Celtics shooting was horrible early on. The Knicks just failed to close out the game and let the Celtics catch up. Guess wearing black for Boston's funeral backfired.

For OKC, Kevin Martin's shooting was terrible and Kevin Durant can't do everything on his own. I guess if Westbrook was in the game, the series would be finished.
Old 2013-05-02, 07:35   Link #1526
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
For OKC, Kevin Martin's shooting was terrible and Kevin Durant can't do everything on his own. I guess if Westbrook was in the game, the series would be finished.
Shouldn't need Westbrook to beat Houston, look @ what Lebron did with his Cavs teams...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 12:22   Link #1527
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Shouldn't need Westbrook to beat Houston, look @ what Lebron did with his Cavs teams...
Durant is no LeBron.

Although I agree Thunder should win against the Rockets but game 5: Thunder shooted badly while Rockets shooted great.
Old 2013-05-03, 21:08   Link #1528
sky black swordman

Well the Bulls lost to the Nets yesterday and now the series is tied 3-3. Game 7 will be on Saturday, I think the Nets may take the seires. They seem to want it more than the Bulls do.

The NY Knicks take game 6 and advance to the semifinals to face the Indiana Pacers (who beat the Atlanta Hawks in game 6 of their series).
OKC Thunder beat the Houston Rockets to advance to the semifinals to take on the Memphis Grizzlies (who beat the LA Clippers in their game 6).

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-05-04 at 04:40.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 09:19   Link #1529
Kmos

Ugh, ugly game by Knicks. What was that 20-0 run by Celtics? I wasn't wrong in thinking it'll be a 6 game series. Even with the win, I'm not happy with how the Knicks are playing. They face Pacers next and it's anyone's guess how that series will go, could be 7 games or 5 games if one team wants it bad enough.

Seems like I missed a nice and rough game in Clippers vs Grizzlies. Clippers team is cursed! Run away CP3! Go to NY.
Thunder and Grizzlies will be an exciting match up. Looking forward to more T's being thrown around.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 23:36   Link #1530
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

grats on Bulls beating Nets. the Bulls did really good against the Nets. they seem to have
much better team work and trust in each others. the Nets on the other hands... >______>;

tch...my Clippers team gotten the boot out of the play off. I guess i'll be cheering on the
Grizzlies now. I hope they kick OKC butts and Spurs as well.
Old 2013-05-05, 01:53   Link #1531
sky black swordman

Well with the Bulls victory, the second round of the playoffs is set:

Heats VS Bulls
Knicks VS Pacers
Thunder VS Grizzlies
Spurs VS Warriors
Old 2013-05-05, 09:45   Link #1532
Xagzan

Wow. In all their last games, NY, CHI, and GS all had tremendous leads on the other team, got really sloppy and started to lose them later in the game, but managed to hold on in the end

Meanwhile, what is going on with your teams, California? Lakers and Clippers, all stars Dwight Howard and Chris Paul are out, and GSW and the snubbed Curry are in? It's like the bizarro world.
Old 2013-05-05, 17:41   Link #1533
sky black swordman

The Pacers take game 1 (102-93 final score) in the series against the Knicks. And the Thunder also take the first game in their series, final score 93-91.
Old 2013-05-06, 00:02   Link #1534
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ Pacers can be pretty good if they...try.

Thunder beating Grizzlies without Westbrook? oh my...let's see how long they'll last
against the Grizzlies. I didn't watch any of the games...was too busy playing MMO and stuffs.

i'm still rooting for the Grizzlies! they're going to face roll OKC. just watch.
Old 2013-05-06, 10:37   Link #1535
Liflime

Later we'll see if Steph Curry and the Warriors can end their losing streak in Spurs' court. But before that I'm looking forward to a very physical series opening of the Bulls against the Heat.
Liflime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 21:25   Link #1536
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Bulls win... the fuck.
Old 2013-05-06, 21:35   Link #1537
Xagzan

Hah! Knew those guys wouldn't get swept. Miami was obviously rusty, but even so, Bulls were quite shorthanded themselves, and Boozer was pretty ineffective. Still surprised they won, though I'm expecting a 4-2 Miami win anyway.
Old 2013-05-06, 21:54   Link #1538
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Bulls play strong! Half the team is unhealthy to say the least. Rose out, Deng hospitalized, Captain Kirk with his calf, and Noah with his foot. Nate Robinson is tough I remember him throwing up last time, and now he got stitch's on his lip. He really is pulling through the flu/post-flu for his team. Man if they were healthy just imagine there full potential! A force to be reckon even with the current bench mob.

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2013-05-06 at 22:59.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 21:57   Link #1539
sky black swordman

The Bulls beat the Heat!!
Well then again, this was the team that ended the Heat's 27-game winning streak.
Old 2013-05-06, 22:53   Link #1540
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
The Bulls beat the Heat!!
Well then again, this was the team that ended the Heat's 27-game winning streak.
I was watching that game, could not believe what I saw. Outscored by 9 points and collapsing in the 4th quarter. Not only that, losing to a team that is has bad luck with so many injuries. It really shows that anyone can be beaten in the NBA. Heat, if they relax as they did this game, it is not going to be pretty to say the least.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote