AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-24, 16:31   Link #12461
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I feel like Ayaka could be a good half and half.
it seems like ayaka has become some kind of neutral camp where everyone can agree, wich is surprising considering how passionate people defend their own ship. lately i've saw many posts favoring her, far more than her short apperances justify... i wonder if she will stole miyuki place as the most shipped kkkkk

sidenote: i still prefer mayumi

Last edited by Lazy cat; 2014-03-24 at 16:45.
Old 2014-03-24, 19:19   Link #12462
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Are you really sure about that?
Miyuki has modeled her entire life around Tatsuyas preferences (don't think about that too deeply...). At one point the narration mentions Tatsuya likes/admires refined people, which is why Miyuki does her best to act in that manner.
Old 2014-03-24, 19:21   Link #12463
anonfr

Quote:
Id call Miyuki formal rather class and refined
Well, I guess we just see things differently ahaha. I think the Novel puts her forth as the very definition of class and refined, as well as the very definition of a yamato nadeshiko. To each their own.

Who do you think would be more Classy and Refined from the novel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
it seems like ayaka has become some kind of neutral camp where everyone can agree, wich is surprising considering how passionate people defend their own ship. lately i've saw many posts favoring her, far more than her short apperances justify... i wonder if she will stole miyuki place as the most shipped kkkkk

sidenote: i still prefer mayumi
Ayaka is just a pleasant boat to tow behind you're main ship. I'm not sure why I like her, but I do. I'm not really sure why I like the idea of her with Tatsuya, but I do.
Old 2014-03-24, 19:59   Link #12464
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Miyuki has modeled her entire life around Tatsuyas preferences (don't think about that too deeply...). At one point the narration mentions Tatsuya likes/admires refined people, which is why Miyuki does her best to act in that manner.
Is this it?
Spoiler for Yamato?:

I think its Mayumi who is speaking?~

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Well, I guess we just see things differently ahaha. I think the Novel puts her forth as the very definition of class and refined, as well as the very definition of a yamato nadeshiko. To each their own.

Who do you think would be more Classy and Refined from the novel?
A real class and refined would probably Mayumi and Shizuku;

I dont really wanna say this but; beneath Miyuki appearance & personality lies what I call "Faker"~ Don't misunderstand me her love for Tatsuya is real~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-24, 20:10   Link #12465
anonfr

Quote:
Is this it?

I think its Mayumi who is speaking?~

I dont really wanna say this but; beneath Miyuki appearance & personality lies what I call "Faker"~ Don't misunderstand me her love for Tatsuya is real~
I understand what you mean. They all could be argued as Classy and Refined, but they all have qualities you could argue against. Shizuku is just naturally super Quiet so her "refinement" could be a by product of that and life style. Mayumi comes across as having a flighty personality as well as sometimes seeming childish. And Miyuki... can sometimes give the impression that we haven't quite seen the "real her" deep down.
Old 2014-03-24, 20:34   Link #12466
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Is this it?

Whaaatt???
Mayumi- the childish and midget girl (payback time, Mayumi's fans)- somehow is refined and classy?
I mean, beside her close friends, she does act like a proper upperclassman, but we all know that's a facade.
Miyuki actually tries to improve and make her-self a refined and classy lady for Tatsuya (yep, big bottom-line) FOR REAL (for anyone who actually miss it somehow...) but people still diminish that, how can they see Mayumi's facade as a real deal?

I respect your opinion, pampz21. I alway do. (That's why i and Catrules stayed the f*** out of your way.)
But i am curious how you can see her refined and classy?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-03-24, 20:45   Link #12467
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Whaaatt???
Mayumi- the childish and midget girl (payback time, Mayumi's fans)- somehow is refined and classy?
I mean, beside her close friends, she does act like a proper upperclassman, but we all know that's a facade.
Miyuki actually tries to improve and make her-self a refined and classy lady for Tatsuya (yep, big bottom-line) FOR REAL (for anyone who actually miss it somehow...) but people still diminish that, how can they see Mayumi's facade as a real deal?

I respect your opinion, pampz21. I alway do. (That's why i and Catrules stayed the f*** out of your way.)
But i am curious how you can see her refined and classy?
He did say that he see's Miyuki as a faker. Which, though I don't share the opinion, it is a very valid opinion too have. Miyuki is a product of her conscious efforts, instead of her personality being something natural it's something she's worked very hard at. I kind of think she faked it til she made it, like some parts are still forced but for the most part she really became the person she was trying to be.. But there is enough evidence to the contrary to be contrary. At least a little.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:01   Link #12468
amtro
Distro

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the WEB novel chapters conclude the story?
This has ten or so more volumes left to adapted according to the author, but the web novels themselves ended.
Shouldn't there be spoilers for the ending then?
Old 2014-03-24, 21:10   Link #12469
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
This has ten or so more volumes left to adapted according to the author, but the web novels themselves ended.
I believe he stopped writing the web novel version in favor of the published novels.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:11   Link #12470
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
How is it painless ? He literally lost consciousness from being hit, there is no way that wasn't painful, just because Tatsuya's tolerance for pain is high and that he can heal from any wound doesnt mean you should hurt so you can feel better about yourself, especially your older brother who you should respect and didn't do anything wrong. He's not her lover that she caught flirting with another girl, you seem to think that he is.
Re-read the scene. No magic spell was invoked, just a surge of psions. Basically it was just a light show that stunned him. (Technically knocked unconscious, except WITHOUT physical damage)

Quote:
Is this it?
Japanese society would terrify you, then. The whole culture revolves around the idea of a public-face (tatemae) and real feelings (honne).

Put another way, Miyuki IS the ideal Yamato Nadeshiko "Idealized Japanese woman." fake front and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
You are wrong. The author stopped writing web-novels entirely, just switching over to novels. In other words, the web-novels ended at double-seven.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:37   Link #12471
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post

You are wrong. The author stopped writing web-novels entirely, just switching over to novels. In other words, the web-novels ended at double-seven.
Eemm I think the web-novels ended at Visitors Arc.
Double seven arc released in Dengeki Bunko Magazine.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:39   Link #12472
Lazy cat

Quote:
Whaaatt???
i believe that the argument "rasen" used to defend miyuki can also be aplied to mayumi here

Quote:
Japanese society would terrify you, then. The whole culture revolves around the idea of a public-face (tatemae) and real feelings (honne).
Old 2014-03-24, 21:43   Link #12473
Rasen

Quote:
i believe that the argument "rasen" used to defend miyuki can also be aplied to mayumi here
I dunno, Mayumi actually strikes me as fairly honest and straightforward. With the concerns that come from being from the Saegusa, but otherwise a pretty straight shooter. She says what comes to mind, and pays for it sometimes.

Come to think of it, Miyuki's pretty honest too. She is completely honest in her devotion to Tatsuya, both at home and in public. The only thing she might be considered "fake" is her acting like a Yamato Nadeshiko, but seeing as she keeps it up at home too....well, you know what they say about "if you say a lie often enough it becomes true." People aren't born with proper behavior, they learn it.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:54   Link #12474
bietchie11

Quote:
I dunno, Mayumi actually strikes me as fairly honest and straightforward. With the concerns that come from being from the Saegusa, but otherwise a pretty straight shooter. She says what comes to mind, and pays for it sometimes.
Don't get us wrong, she is honest and childish around her close friends.
But beside that, she has to put up a "refined Saegusa" facade which some think her being refine is a real deal while Miyuki is a fake.

We don't complain about Myaumi being dishonest. I know I DON'T.
We complain about the double-standard of some people against Miyuki: everything Miyuki does is fake while when Mayumi does the same, it becomes gold.

If there is any double standard, it should be the opposite way: Miyuki is the real deal while Mayumi is a fake. The reason i stated in the previous comment.

BTW, there are many instances in LN Mayumi admitted she has to fake it because of her family.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-03-24, 22:03   Link #12475
Lazy cat

Quote:
Don't get us wrong, she is honest and childish around her close friends.
But beside that, she has to put up a "refined Saegusa" facade which some think her being refine is a real deal while Miyuki is a fake.

We don't complain about Myaumi being dishonest. I know I DON'T.
We complain about the double-standard of some people against Miyuki: everything Miyuki does is fake while when Mayumi does the same, it becomes gold.

If there is any double standard, it should be the opposite way: Miyuki is the real deal while Mayumi is a fake. The reason i stated in the previous comment.

BTW, there are many instances in LN Mayumi admitted she has to fake it because of her family.
i see your point, if it is has you said then mayumi fakes cause she "have" to, while miyuki migth sometimes (i don't think it's always like this) give the impressinon that she only do this because of tatsuya (i also don't think this is bad thing through).
Old 2014-03-24, 22:04   Link #12476
pampz21
ShipCore

@bietchie
The reason why i rated Mayumi more class and refined is what Rasen told you; Mayumi is honest. Her front may not be her real face but it still show honesty, you can always trust a honest person. While on the other end is Miyuki, like Rasen said Miyuki has a clear set mind "everything is for onii-sama" but that origin/root is cruel and deceptive that can lead anyone beside Tatsuya to their doom#!

@Rasen
Human nature is a thing I speciallize because I myself have a corrupt way of thinking
My reality is a lie

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-24, 22:33   Link #12477
bietchie11

Quote:
i see your point, if it is has you said then mayumi fakes cause she "have" to, while miyuki migth sometimes (i don't think it's always like this) give the impressinon that she only do this because of tatsuya (i also don't think this is bad thing through).

Glad you see my point.

Miyuki LOVEs to be a refined girl for Tatsuya. I mean, girls/boys loves do things for their lover right? Miyuki loves to do it=>That's real deal.
If that's a fake, then me trying to be a better DotA player is also a fake then...
Or "a girl-in-love learns cooking for her BF" is also a fake...

Mayumi hates to be "a stupid and silly 10-master-clan member"(she said so in 9-sc, not me. And she is not stupid or silly, "10-master-clan member" position is.) but she has to do it.
She hates it but still has to do it because of her responsibility=> That make it fake and i aint gonna complaining about the fact she doesn't try to make it real.

Bottom line, for me what differentiates between fake and real is whether they like doing it or hate doing it.
You said so yourself, Miyuki loves to do that FOR Tatsuya~~~~.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-03-24, 22:48   Link #12478
TonyC1994
Unknown

So I just saw those mini Mahouka chibi episodes. Its weird, I always imagined Erika with a more tomboyish voice...

Oh well, still interesting.
Old 2014-03-24, 22:54   Link #12479
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
So I just saw those mini Mahouka chibi episodes. Its weird, I always imagined Erika with a more tomboyish voice...

Oh well, still interesting.
Wow...you guys really are misunderstanding Erika

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-24, 22:56   Link #12480
Echizen777

Is it even possible for a woman to act like a Yamato Nadeshiko and be totally happy with it deep down in her heart? I think not, that's just a way to act in society.

No matter if they hide their feelings or not bot Mayumi and Miyuki have been educated that way, even now. Miyuki just do extra effort even with her friends because of Tatsuya and Mayumi likes things like tea ceremony or something.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings