AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-20, 10:19   Link #1501
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

I'm quite curious to how Mizuno knows this story of hers.
Didn't fish girl only know of her story from the memories of her cybody since she apprivoised?
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 10:20   Link #1502
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Most of all how her classmates react with more and more annoyance. I need to go back and watch the other ones, since I can't remember if they were doing that earlier too.

And this may seem an odd question, but is Takuto at all aware that several of his classmates are Crux?
I remember in the previous episode that everyone froze and listened in then too. I guess Kanako has been teasing Takuto so much off screen that the class knows what to expect by now.
And I think he is aware, he recognized Takeshi by his stance, would've seen the boxer guy close up and the drama club figured out that Professor Green used to be a student at the school, although they might not have guessed she's currently the school nurse. I think he's more aware than the usual hero anyway, and it's amusing that outside of school everyone (Takuto, Sugata, the Crux, pretty much everyone aside from Wako and Mizuno) is much more serious, who knew that school was a place for goofing off these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyRobot View Post
Mizuno's story about magic and the Demon King = new "story reflecting the story" in place of Fish girl's tale? Maybe this Demon King has something to do with that Galactic Civilization (did this figure seal the power of the Cybodies? Does this refer to Samekh and the king's pillar? Kanako says "I'll have to become the demon king so the world can go on." Is she referring to unleashing the power of the Cybodies (general plan of the GCB) or getting all of the Cybodies under her control?). I think Dann is on to something about people with marks being descendants of this ancient civilization or something.
I'm wondering if each maiden will have a different story to tell like Fish Girl did. In her story Sam and the insomniac King were portrayed as the good guys and the Squid Emperor was the bad guy, I wonder if Mizuno's story means that the King was the bad guy after all and who knows what Sam and the Emperor were.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 11:52   Link #1503
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
See? Recycling animation is bad!
When i'm seeing that lovely pair of feet, i don't mind at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's just you. I don't know who's playing that guy, but I'm 99% positive it's not good ol' George.
Yeah that wasn't Nakata. Didn't sound anything like him, though was the kind of character he'd voice.
Old 2010-12-20, 13:23   Link #1504
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
I am sorry if this has been asked before, but why exactly are crux member fighting Takuto? I mean, except from the fact that the one who defeats him becomes the leader, does fighting Takuto serves any other purpose?
As mentioned, after he showed up Head issued that rule that whoever beat him became the leader. That's the main gist.

Beyond that, their reaction when he was revealed as the Galactic Pretty Boy seemed to imply that the title has something of a history with the Crux. I've been assuming that the Galactic Pretty Boy has generally been someone who opposed and stopped them before.

It's not like talking ever solved anything. I still think that if they apologized for the kidnappings of Wako and such, explained their positions on why they want to use Cybodies, and appealed to the fact that if they succeed the maidens won't be needed anymore and Wako could leave the island. Sugata too probably. Granted, not everyone has good uses for Cybodies in mind and all the attacks otherwise wouldn't help their case, but they could have given it a shot. Personally, I think they might try something like this and have it work on Sugata at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
I'm quite curious to how Mizuno knows this story of hers.
Didn't fish girl only know of her story from the memories of her cybody since she apprivoised?
I believe she recieved many memories from the Cybody and then used them to tell that story. The story was about Head after all if I'm remembering comments about it correctly. Could also be indicative of a pattern.

Mizuno may know hers the same way, though I'm not sure if she has apprivoised yet. It's possible their mother told them the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I remember in the previous episode that everyone froze and listened in then too. I guess Kanako has been teasing Takuto so much off screen that the class knows what to expect by now.
And I think he is aware, he recognized Takeshi by his stance, would've seen the boxer guy close up and the drama club figured out that Professor Green used to be a student at the school, although they might not have guessed she's currently the school nurse. I think he's more aware than the usual hero anyway, and it's amusing that outside of school everyone (Takuto, Sugata, the Crux, pretty much everyone aside from Wako and Mizuno) is much more serious, who knew that school was a place for goofing off these days!

I'm wondering if each maiden will have a different story to tell like Fish Girl did. In her story Sam and the insomniac King were portrayed as the good guys and the Squid Emperor was the bad guy, I wonder if Mizuno's story means that the King was the bad guy after all and who knows what Sam and the Emperor were.
I almost think they have some sort of rule of the school being neutral ground or something since in general, no one seems to try anything and is generally friendly. Then night hits, the masks come on, and everyone gets super serious. It actually is pretty hilarious seeing the change in demeanor.

Head seems an odd case since he's confident when the mask is on, but seems rather depressed otherwise. He seems rather happy when talking to Sugata though. He's sort of the hardest to figure out I think.

Certainly possible, though I can't really imagine what sorts of stories that Keito and Wako would tell. The king seems a bit neutral to me personally. If the King was the bad guy, that would probably make Sam and the Emperor puppets he used.

Of course, it's always possible that sealing the magic was a good thing to prevent people from destroying themselves but its hard to say. I'm curious as to if the Demon King might actually be Samekh in this case though as a Cybody one would think he'd be one of the sealed.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 16:19   Link #1505
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
In my books, she would easily win the best flirt of 2010 award.
I completely agree on this. I didn't like her character in the beginning, but she's growing on me with each appearance. So far Kanako is one of the most entertaining and interesting characters in the show.

Quote:
Head seems an odd case since he's confident when the mask is on, but seems rather depressed otherwise. He seems rather happy when talking to Sugata though. He's sort of the hardest to figure out I think.

It makes me wonder that in episode 12, Head tells Sugata they are alike.
Could it be another reference to Utena, where Akio was the subversion of Dios?
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 16:29   Link #1506
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
It makes me wonder that in episode 12, Head tells Sugata they are alike.
Could it be another reference to Utena, where Akio was the subversion of Dios?
I wasn't all that surprised that he made that comparison. I've sort of been thinking they are quite similar myself since I think that the story of Sam is one that is repeating.

No idea since I've never seen the show and have no idea who those people are. How'd it turn out in any case?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2010-12-20, 16:30   Link #1507
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Oh Simone, you're so cute. Also, Pile Crusher was very impressive. The animation during the fight was very nice in general. Sugata's excuse not to intervene was kinda iffy though, although it might reveal a bit about how he sees his power now.

Overall, an interesting episode. Considering Kanako and Friends have had more air time than the main characters recently, I wonder where they're going with this. Kanako was the last of her group able to fight Takuto, right? Also, it's interesting that Takuto never answered Kanako when she asked about his goal until during the fight. Fun stuff.

Edit: Also, props to gg for being innovative. They couldn't put "Simone-chan", so they put an otherwise appropriate line. Also, I just realized that, now, there's a difference between how Takuto sees the Glittering Crux and how we see them. I wonder how that'll play out. They're going to have to reconcile our views and Takuto if they want us to empathize with him more, in my opinion, so I wonder how they're going to do that.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2010-12-20 at 16:42.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 19:23   Link #1508
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Sugata's excuse not to intervene was kinda iffy though, although it might reveal a bit about how he sees his power now.

Edit: Also, props to gg for being innovative. They couldn't put "Simone-chan", so they put an otherwise appropriate line. Also, I just realized that, now, there's a difference between how Takuto sees the Glittering Crux and how we see them. I wonder how that'll play out. They're going to have to reconcile our views and Takuto if they want us to empathize with him more, in my opinion, so I wonder how they're going to do that.
He sort of came across as a little arrogant with that line I thought, though it could also be that he thinks Takuto wouldn't want his help unless he really needed it. Still, his interactions with Head will likely start influencing his behavior though the interaction this episode didn't seem to affect him. At least what we were shown.

Edit: Actually, his demeanor really is different when I think about it. Before he was dying to be able to help in some way using his power even though Wako kept trying to stop him. Here he seems reluctant because of some odd reasoning of it being "bad taste" to do so. Head really must be getting to him.

I'm guessing more backstory on Takuto will help with that like how he was before he got the mark and perhaps learning about his grandfather and parents.

Last edited by Dann of Thursday; 2010-12-20 at 21:29.
Old 2010-12-20, 21:14   Link #1509
ShiroiRyu

The more i see of Kanako, the more i love her.
Already have a great figure and her character ... I don't know why but i think it's more developped than more of the others Crux.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 22:14   Link #1510
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

And Marino's First Love

An interesting turn of events unfolded in the 10th episode comes with Marino realizing herself that feelings for Takuto have blossomed within herself, though different from her twin she's compartmentalizing them shut.

A point here is that Marino's started to get conflicted: 1) She's vowed to keep her twin safe and happy, though paradoxically she belongs to the Glittering Crux Brigade bent on finding the Western Maiden in order to break her seal and moving on with Third Phase; and 2) while both sisters like the same things, couple's love can only go between two people, and coming to love Takuto means that she's betraying her twin.

Another topic of worth is that Fish Girl's (Northern Maiden) theme has been rotated with Mizuno's (Western Maiden) Apprivoise theme for the crazy, Utena-esque, Zero-Time sequence.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 00:12   Link #1511
SassyRobot

Such pretty blue eyes~ Takuto's line worked on Marino. Simone may have blushed but who wouldn't be embarrassed by such a cheesy line? But she has takashi

It was a one on one boxing match so it would have been in bad taste to join in during that fight, unlike the fight where Simone and takashi were fighting together versus takuto. That's how I understood Sugata's reasoning

I'm wondering if the young Crux members didn't all join for the sake of singing out their youth haha
SassyRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 00:23   Link #1512
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That does make sense if one looks at it in that fashion. Though it is at odds with how he wanted to help at other times even when Takuto wasn't necessarily at a disadvanage.

Old 2010-12-21, 01:59   Link #1513
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
I wasn't all that surprised that he made that comparison. I've sort of been thinking they are quite similar myself since I think that the story of Sam is one that is repeating.

No idea since I've never seen the show and have no idea who those people are. How'd it turn out in any case?
Well, in Utena Akio and Dios are basically the same character, Akio (the Morning Star) being was what was left of Dios after the hate of the world consumed his sister, Anthy.
Now, this is only a roughly explanation, you can find sources around more appropriate than me but, if the comparison works, Head/Akio would be the subversion of Sugata/Dios.

I don't know how this sits with the overall story, though. Maybe that Head will subtly influence Sugata to regain his/their place as leader of the Crux. A place that Head can't claim for himself because... he misses a part of him.
*scratch head*
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 02:17   Link #1514
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Another Star Driver Male pics

Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 02:49   Link #1515
faythz
I.G

Kanako so fabulous her beauty & character & body what do u expect more
i love the scene where Kanako chalange Takuto in forest very manly despite her gender
ermm is conversation between head & Sugata appear in every episode for now??
if yes what a nice
substituion for fish story

Last edited by faythz; 2010-12-21 at 02:59.
faythz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 10:59   Link #1516
etothex

It's probably just a spillover from One Piece, but I'm hedging my bets on the Cafe owner being in the crux, and maybe even, dare i say it, the final boss. =P

One of the things I've wondered about the crux, especially after manticore's arrival; do they make their own costumes? or is there a fanatic in the midst who has prepared a bunch of pieces, and they all chose from that wardrobe.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 11:49   Link #1517
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Well, in Utena Akio and Dios are basically the same character, Akio (the Morning Star) being was what was left of Dios after the hate of the world consumed his sister, Anthy.
Now, this is only a roughly explanation, you can find sources around more appropriate than me but, if the comparison works, Head/Akio would be the subversion of Sugata/Dios.

I don't know how this sits with the overall story, though. Maybe that Head will subtly influence Sugata to regain his/their place as leader of the Crux. A place that Head can't claim for himself because... he misses a part of him.
*scratch head*
Well, that does sound slightly confusing.

I'm decently sure that Sugata and Head are two distinct people though. Mainly since I think that Head is Takuto's father, though that still makes it possible I guess though really weird. Star Driver has been a little weird, but not too weird so far.

I agree that he'll influence Sugata to take the position of leader of the Crux (unfortunately) and I'd presume use him. Maybe Head held the mark for Samekh and that is the missing part? A bit of a stretch I guess.

Old 2010-12-22, 06:11   Link #1518
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
We've never seen Takuto in his pajamas, always school uniform or casual clothes. Does he ever sleep?
good question!

and this is a weird show, the 3 suppose main chars do not get as much screen time as the suppose villains, which are not that evil at all
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 13:58   Link #1519
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
The more i see of Kanako, the more i love her.
Already have a great figure and her character ... I don't know why but i think it's more developped than more of the others Crux.
I hate to say it, but sometimes the only reason they develop characters is to give them a bigger part in the future, or kill them. I hope it's the former.
Old 2010-12-22, 14:39   Link #1520
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Just wondering has it ever been stated categorically in the show, that Tauburn is definitely phase 3?

I've watched all the eps a second time and it just seems that all the crux people THINK it must me teir 3 since its overpowered. It just seem to be a supposition to me.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen