AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-03-12, 18:33   Link #1
ira_gaines

Da Capo

I'm currently watching the first series of Da Capo and I'm noticing that some of the AVI files won't play in the vlc player. It's not a big problem because they can play in the Windows media player but I just wondered why that might be?
Old 2006-03-12, 22:42   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira_gaines
I'm currently watching the first series of Da Capo and I'm noticing that some of the AVI files won't play in the vlc player. It's not a big problem because they can play in the Windows media player but I just wondered why that might be?
Make sure you have the latest VLC player. VLC uses it's own filters for playback.

Typically, the problem is the otherway (won't play on media player but plays on VLC).
Old 2006-03-12, 22:58   Link #3
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I had some issues with VLC back in the past. I had some problems playing back certain fansubs. So I removed it and went back to ffdshow. Now I use CCCP which is a codec pack that includes everything you need to playback all current video and audio formats most fansubbers currently use to encode their fansubs.

For flawless playback of virtually any anime fansub, I' strongly recommend installing CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack). It can be found here http://cccp-project.net/. It comes bundled with Zoom Player and Media Player Classic. You can choose which media player to install during the install process, I suggest you go with Media Player Classic.
Old 2006-03-13, 00:42   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Now I use CCCP which is a codec pack that includes everything you need to playback all current video and audio formats most fansubbers currently use to encode their fansubs.
Even though it's called a codec pack, it's quite different from other codec packs. Other codec packs generally just install multiple codecs and/or FFDShow, which can lead to conflicts. CCCP uses FFDShow with customized settings and installs a splitter for you as well. You could do all of this manually, but CCCP makes it easy, and it's been tested thoroughly as well.