Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-27, 03:51   Link #1561
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I think they were sealed due to the Civilization fearing that they would be used irresponsibly. Samekh is probably the most dangerous one out of the lot as it could literally eats the Drivers life away.

As much as I thought that her attempt to try and get Takuto to give up was coming from the right angle, I think that she didn't really put that much effort into it because she wanted to fight him in order to become the leader. The way I see it, she thought that if he was convinced to just allow the Crux plan to continue, then that's be great, but if he wasn't, she'd beat him and become leader, which would've been even more convenient for her.

I actually think that the leadership in the Crux has more to do with with what each one has to offer/how useful as opposed to how ... disciplined they are. I mean having quirks is one thing, but some of them make very stupid mistakes.

Undine showed very obvious disdain towards Wako because of how friendly she was with the outsider. I don't think it was the reason she nearly killed her (like you said, it was her lack of control over her 1st Phase) but I do think that she wouldn't have minded had it turned out that way (hell, she didn't really show much remorse over what happened to Sugata), and that
is the thing that makes Takuto's stay on his position to not trust the Crux. Sure you'd have people like Keito would wouldn't go that far (tough her scheme to have tiger trap the two in the illusion was imo underhanded, she still had the good since to stop it) but as far as Takuto had seen, the Crux has been acting very villain-like.
Head is a very laissez-fair when it comes to how the Crux goes about working, so I don't think of him as much of a threat I don't think of him much of a final boss (I do think that Sugata will get that role, but not in the evil sense) but we don't know much about him so who knows. I personally think the groups largely, are harmless, but it's the more irresponsible individuals that are the most risky.

Yeah, I think that the Galactic Pretty Boy being the Guardian might make since. Though I'm of the opinion that it's more of a recent addition, i.e. after the Crux had been formed, someone took on the mantle and ttried to stop them out of his own violation (Taktou's grandfather perhaps?)

I think the Crux goal isn't killing people either, but I could see how it could turn out that way if they succeed. However, the fact we got this close to a death early on the show before the second arc began makes me think that it isn't going to be a guaranty that we wont have one.
That would be the most likely answer. One can’t blame some of the Crux for wanting to use that technology and such for a useful purpose, though honestly they seem to only have offensive purposes. It is a good point that it could be dangerous to have anyone controlling power like that. Especially Samekh. I don’t think anyone could really be trusted with something like that.

True, her effort wasn’t really there. But it was a step in the right direction, though I can’t say who else might try it. She probably could have explained things quite a bit more beyond what she did. Actually, I’m thinking they may actually take this approach, but with Sugata instead. I could really see that working on him, especially if they appealed to him to lead them in sharing this tech with the world.

The dumbest mistake I can think of was Green. I mean, fanservice mode? Really?

True, she’s one of the more unlikeable members and she did seem to not really care too much. Wasn’t part of that plan Head’s as well, though Keito was quite involved? He’s the one I don’t trust much despite the scenes that make him seem a rather sad character. These episodes seem to be painting the members as more sympathetic, though I’m curious as to the goal. Adding more complexity to the whole issue sure, but I find myself thinking often of what the final conflict would be like. Thinking too far ahead maybe.

He certainly comes across that way I suppose, but he does have his moments of being rather devious. I think my thoughts on him being the final boss sort of relate to the fact I believe he’s Takuto’s father and that there is a major conflict to be had there. I can’t really see Sugata turning without it coming across rather evil unless it ends up being some sort of clash of ideas regarding what should be done with Cybodies, though I’d think Wako would be an issue here. I suppose that wouldn’t be surprising for it to go that way, though that would strain the trio and the relationship if it goes that way. Maybe that’s the point though. Of course, it could always go that they are in conflict and then Head comes front and center. The we could get a tag team battle, though I sort of just want to see that.

Possibly though background on the Tau mark and the Crux could give us more explanation on that hopefully. They didn’t seem to know where the 22nd Cybody (Tauburn) was and such, though Takuto’s grandfather may have hidden it I guess. Unlike the others, it might have been separated purposefully. It’s interesting that Tau rock (that rock hand which is presumably Tauburn) is by the South Maiden’s little shrine, since she’s apparently the final maiden which ushers in the 5th Phase.

Having a bunch of giant machines walking around could do that. Particularly Samekh, which appears enormous going by that hand. I think the near death thing mainly had to deal with explaining Samekh honestly rather than a hint that it’ll get much darker, though anything is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper View Post
It'll come out with the first Blu-Ray, on the 26th of January.
Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Marino and Sugata have something in common

despite what they imply they are NOT ok in just sitting by and watching things go on

Sugata really wants to be part of the action, but Samekh is broken and Takuto is doing a very good
job so far.

But deep down inside he does not want to be Arthrun Zala to Takuto's Kira Yamato

He wants the main character seat.
Samekh was broken. It isn't anymore since he woke up if that theory is sound and it makes enough sense.

I'm not necessarily sure he wants the seat. It was said in interviews that he would have been the hero had Takuto not shown up. But it was Takuto who actually made him believe that things could change on the island finally.

There could be some resentment there, but I don't exactly think he's desiring it too much right now. He generally seems at the moment to desire to support and help Takuto get stronger, though his manipulation by Head may begin to alter that.

There's also the fact that Head and Sugata really are quite similar. Both seem rather laid back and, as Good Haro put in on her blog, passive. Whether Sugata goes on the same path Head seems to have taken is yet to be seen of course. Head certainly seems rather unhappy and stuck in a sense. Sugata seems to have similar feelings about his situation, but his relationships with Wako and especially Takuto might lead to a different outcome. I hope.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 04:47   Link #1562
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Takuto has made almost every girl blush or have some type of friendly feelings towards him. Episode 13 was good but the fight was probably the worst since episode 1. Next episode we finally get back onto the west maiden part. So Marino is actually going to fight Takuto? I read somewhere that next episode would be on break. I suppose the new opening would also appear next episode since it has reached the halfway point.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 09:08   Link #1563
citrinitas668
aka Good Haro
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
In episode 1, they say that once they break the South Seal they can go to Phase 4.
That's a mistake on our part, we screwed it up even in the v2. It should say something more like: "We were supposed to break the South seal to leave phase 4."
citrinitas668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 11:00   Link #1564
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Takuto has made almost every girl blush or have some type of friendly feelings towards him. Episode 13 was good but the fight was probably the worst since episode 1. Next episode we finally get back onto the west maiden part. So Marino is actually going to fight Takuto? I read somewhere that next episode would be on break. I suppose the new opening would also appear next episode since it has reached the halfway point.
And he's not even trying to do so. It could actually help him in some way I'd guess if he ended up on friendly terms with so many members of the Crux. Not quite sure how though.

I think next episode would be the last of the three subordinates in Vanishing Age, right? I think only two of the three actually fought Takuto.

Next episode doesn't air till the 9th. New opening could be interesting if it has hints of things to come, though it could be like the first one I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citrinitas668 View Post
That's a mistake on our part, we screwed it up even in the v2. It should say something more like: "We were supposed to break the South seal to leave phase 4."
Oh, alright. Thanks for clearing that up.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2010-12-27, 11:45   Link #1565
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

All the current episodes make it seem like Bones is trying to make a Harem for Takuto every is at least to have some feelings for him especially the Crux leaders.
Old 2010-12-27, 12:50   Link #1566
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It doesn't seem likely that he'd really have any real interest in ayone besides Wako. Benio seemed to actively discourage things when everyone seemed to be cheering her on with him, though considering she seems to see him in a similar light as Sugata maybe she will feel that way.

Old 2010-12-27, 12:58   Link #1567
HandofFate

Finally got around to watching Star Driver 12.
So one week behind on that.

Not a bad episode, another one of those "Title sequence starts around 8-9 minute episodes.
Hopefully from the looks of it, Takuto is finally going to face off against the leaders one by one..

The rich green haired girl is pretty cool. She's been getting a lot of screentime lately.

The fight was funny.
lol @ Hajime no Driver and @ Takuto LITERALLY piercing the heavens.

I don't get why the Adult Bank president was all about using boxing, then she just switches to claws..and loses..

Star Driver has been really good at delivering last lines or scenes of the episode that gives me a smiling feeling insde, lo
Old 2010-12-27, 14:29   Link #1568
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 12 was great, I'm really liking the new maiden's song, almost as much as Fish Girl's. What anime was advertised at the end? It looks really cool.
Old 2010-12-27, 14:34   Link #1569
Aqua Knight

Anime is Ai no Exorcist that starts at April 2011.

On-topic:

At last subs are out, so I can sleep peacefully after some enjoyment from Takuto.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 14:36   Link #1570
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for various thoughts/ramblings on 13:

Also, a neat little thing I noticed in the background of 13
Spoiler for image:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 14:57   Link #1571
Bern-san

now i can see what the creator meant when sugata was going to be the main character if it wasn't for takuto, takuto steals his harem (well sugata still has keito and head...)

head finally painting again although i hope we get to see more paintings from him

next episodes looks interesting, finally we can see the drama club doing a play

takuto looks that is going to have a tough time in his next battle (well his tough time will last max. 1 minute or so...)
Old 2010-12-27, 15:22   Link #1572
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep13:
Old 2010-12-27, 15:52   Link #1573
etothex

Quote:
I think next episode would be the last of the three subordinates in Vanishing Age, right? I think only two of the three actually fought Takuto.
preview shows ayingott being repaired, so most likely marino will have a go next week, though i still can't find a reason for her to fight him, seeing as his winning keeps mizuno under the radar.

We have one member of the Vanishing Bishounen trio left, yes, but it's definitely not him, because they all use star swords.

No one has mentioned the best part of the episode, sorry for ghetto screenshots
Spoiler for before the fight:

Spoiler for after the fight:
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 17:34   Link #1574
Aqua Knight

Spoiler for 13:
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 18:14   Link #1575
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yet another girl added to Takuto's harem. And this time, he's stealing from Sugata's! Next targets: his maids. Wako will be the final straw.

The fact the antagonists are so much more interesting and developed than the main protagonists is starting to bother me. I care more for minor characters than for Takuto. We're halfway through the series and we still don't know jack about him. The episode was... as ever. I'm still waiting an episode was will break the formula.

Random thought: I love Marino's manticore persona. She's so obnoxious (in a good way)

Quote:
Spoiler for Random Thought and Observations:
Maybe. Or perhaps the breaking of the seals can only be done with the Diamant Star Sword. It was implied it was special. Alternatively, what if a maiden's cybody was repaired? Would the seal be restored?

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 13:
I thought he was happy Peshent's driver was Benio because it meant Takuto would win easily. His smile and his line after ascertaining the Crux can repair Cybodies was definitely cryptic though. He seemed to be happy that the Cybodies weren't lost forever, but why?

It doesn't seem like Takuto noticed he's already thought Peshent before. I would have liked to see his reaction. Now that the Crux can repair Cybodies, his brilliant plan is doomed to fail. Destroying Cybodies isn't going to accomplish anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Spoiler for various thoughts/ramblings on 13:
I don't get it either. I hope it'll get explained by the end of this arc. About Ivrogne, I think it's clear no one in the Crux care about the other members' identities. They could figure it out very easily if they wanted to.
Old 2010-12-27, 20:23   Link #1576
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Besides knowing that they can repair Cybodies now and a little here and there about the marks, wow...this episode was pointless. And trust me Star Driver has been my favorite show out of the Fall.

But this episode in particular disappointed me.

And I must say....it must be AWKWARD for you to be doing anything now that you know you'll be transported to Zero Space at any moment.

Also I'm pretty sure Takuto's phase 1 power is harem power.

Last edited by Freya; 2010-12-27 at 20:36.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 22:02   Link #1577
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yet another girl added to Takuto's harem. And this time, he's stealing from Sugata's! Next targets: his maids. Wako will be the final straw.

The fact the antagonists are so much more interesting and developed than the main protagonists is starting to bother me. I care more for minor characters than for Takuto. We're halfway through the series and we still don't know jack about him. The episode was... as ever. I'm still waiting an episode was will break the formula.

Random thought: I love Marino's manticore persona. She's so obnoxious (in a good way)

Maybe. Or perhaps the breaking of the seals can only be done with the Diamant Star Sword. It was implied it was special. Alternatively, what if a maiden's cybody was repaired? Would the seal be restored?

I thought he was happy Peshent's driver was Benio because it meant Takuto would win easily. His smile and his line after ascertaining the Crux can repair Cybodies was definitely cryptic though. He seemed to be happy that the Cybodies weren't lost forever, but why?

It doesn't seem like Takuto noticed he's already thought Peshent before. I would have liked to see his reaction. Now that the Crux can repair Cybodies, his brilliant plan is doomed to fail. Destroying Cybodies isn't going to accomplish anything.

I don't get it either. I hope it'll get explained by the end of this arc. About Ivrogne, I think it's clear no one in the Crux care about the other members' identities. They could figure it out very easily if they wanted to.
He's generally seemed okay about him stealing Wako if Wako is happy and such, though that could always change. I'd love the trio to prevail though.

Well, there may be some point to this I guess in showing us sympathetic sides to the members now. Maybe we'll get major stuff for the trio later on. Sugata seems to be getting subtle development through his conversations with Head and his later actions due to that.

An upcoming episode is called "Takuto's Mark" which would imply us learning something about him I think. I'm thinking we'll get more and more on him as we near the end.

I'm curious if she'll stick around after they break Mizuno's seal is broken or if they'll both leave together. Would that mean Head takes over as leader of Vanishing Age again?

They seemed to think they could break Wako's seal when George and then Tetsuya tried to. So I think any of them are capable of doing it, though Head's sword probably does the trick quite nicely. That's actually an interesting question. You'd need the maiden of course, though given that those Cybodies are rather special, it may be a much higher risk to do so. That would certainly hinder the Crux though.

I think that might have been a factor, but he did technically get the rematch he wanted between them to prove his point. It certainly doesn't bode well I think. Maybe he's happy since this means they could fully restore Samekh and he wants to pilot it?

I don't see how he couldn't figure it out. He's either that oblivious or chooses not to think too much on it. I rather hope Sugata points it out because they need to come up with a new strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Also I'm pretty sure Takuto's phase 1 power is harem power.
While that wouldn't be that surprising, we may have been given a clue to his 1st Phase power this episode. This is going from recent observations by Good Haro, but his power could be a sort of adaptation. You can't use the same move on him twice or strategy. It seems like a somewhat odd power I guess, but it would prove quite useful. It also means that the Crux are just making it easier for him to beat them.

Old 2010-12-27, 22:40   Link #1578
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
He's generally seemed okay about him stealing Wako if Wako is happy and such, though that could always change. I'd love the trio to prevail though.

Well, there may be some point to this I guess in showing us sympathetic sides to the members now. Maybe we'll get major stuff for the trio later on. Sugata seems to be getting subtle development through his conversations with Head and his later actions due to that.

An upcoming episode is called "Takuto's Mark" which would imply us learning something about him I think. I'm thinking we'll get more and more on him as we near the end.

I'm curious if she'll stick around after they break Mizuno's seal is broken or if they'll both leave together. Would that mean Head takes over as leader of Vanishing Age again?

They seemed to think they could break Wako's seal when George and then Tetsuya tried to. So I think any of them are capable of doing it, though Head's sword probably does the trick quite nicely. That's actually an interesting question. You'd need the maiden of course, though given that those Cybodies are rather special, it may be a much higher risk to do so. That would certainly hinder the Crux though.

I think that might have been a factor, but he did technically get the rematch he wanted between them to prove his point. It certainly doesn't bode well I think. Maybe he's happy since this means they could fully restore Samekh and he wants to pilot it?

I don't see how he couldn't figure it out. He's either that oblivious or chooses not to think too much on it. I rather hope Sugata points it out because they need to come up with a new strategy.

While that wouldn't be that surprising, we may have been given a clue to his 1st Phase power this episode. This is going from recent observations by Good Haro, but his power could be a sort of adaptation. You can't use the same move on him twice or strategy. It seems like a somewhat odd power I guess, but it would prove quite useful. It also means that the Crux are just making it easier for him to beat them.
Hmm that would be a pretty useful power. Harem could be a minor side power...I guess.
Old 2010-12-27, 22:44   Link #1579
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Hmm that would be a pretty useful power. Harem could be a minor side power...I guess.
He sees a move once, he can conquer it later.
He sees a girl once...

I'm expecting his first phase to become a plot point instead of being something already present thoughout the series. After all, a latent first phase is more usable than one that's already in use in terms of episode material.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 07:45   Link #1580
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
ep 13
dual wielder vs single wielder....
is it just me?, my source?, or my equipment? that the art quality in this episode looks a bit sloopy in some places?
due to the fabulous-ness of this show, i shall rename this series Hunk Driver instead of Star Driver......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen