Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-02, 15:20   Link #341
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It sounds like Yui Horie, though I could easily be mistaken.
I'm 100% positive that's her. So that means we'll see Akarin's sister this season, huh? I can't wait. I've been dying to see her ever since we saw her room in the first, and from the looks of it (Akari's panties on her head...), she won't disappoint.
Old 2011-08-02, 18:43   Link #342
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

If not for all the Akarin abuse so far, the I-can't-get-married-anymore face would have been gut-busting levels of funny. Unfortunately, I've already reaching the point where I'm just starting to feel sorry for her. And that's from someone who called her "What's-Her-Face" a few pages back. The visual was fantastic dark comedy, it's just that I'm sorta over that joke. See also: Chitose. So much funnier in small quantities.

That saintly little sister stole the show. That's how you do comedy: Show up, drop a bombshell gag, and then vanish. The whole convention part was really strong too. The student council veep having her feelings toyed with by the oblivious Kyouko is one running gag that still works on me. "eh..? eh..? eh..?"

Yui Horie is a phenomenal talent, but I have to admit, my first reaction to her as Akari's sister was "I guess they couldn't get Kikuko Inoue". Now THAT would have been so wrong it's right.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 20:03   Link #343
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

It's only a joke until someone gets raped.
Old 2011-08-02, 21:56   Link #344
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Akarin she wont get married after that
Old 2011-08-03, 01:50   Link #345
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Why do you guys took the screen so serious. it will surprise... no amaze me if Akarin will show to be any traumatic, or even worry about the event in the next coming episode.

In fact i think the screen was pure win. I means who here could have guessed which two shared the series first kiss, right (because surely i didn't, really thought it will be interrupted )? And i think in fact, it's some serious making-out Chinatsu "practiced" on AKarin, instead of just lip touching. More yuri is always good

The anime did show Akarin's struggling too much by running around the house. In manga, Akarin just didn't want to push Chinatsu away.
Old 2011-08-03, 01:59   Link #346
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Why do you guys took the screen so serious. it will surprise... no amaze me if Akarin will show to be any traumatic, or even worry about the event in the next coming episode.
I also don't think she will have a particular burden to carry in the future (maybe stay at least 1 meter away from Chinatsu but that's it) as also seen in the preview where she looks normal. I just believe that screen was out of context considering the generic happy go lucky tone of this series.
Old 2011-08-03, 03:21   Link #347
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I also don't think she will have a particular burden to carry in the future (maybe stay at least 1 meter away from Chinatsu but that's it) as also seen in the preview where she looks normal. I just believe that screen was out of context considering the generic happy go lucky tone of this series.
Chinatsu was hinted back in episode 3 to have that kind of side to her though when she almost snapped at Kyouko .

Also I wonder how many doujinish Kyouko has written since she seems to have fans of her pen name already.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 07:22   Link #348
Sparvid
*hic*

Aoi Yuuki as the rival to Ayana Taketatsu's Mirakurun?
It's the battle of loli seiyuu
Old 2011-08-03, 11:25   Link #349
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Yes, it is confirmed for sure that that's Yui Horie voicing her sis-con sister.

Come on guys, how could you possibly have any doubts about that voice, thats got yui horie stamped all over it ;P
Old 2011-08-03, 12:43   Link #350
tsunade666

It's just too good to be true that they are in state of denial. But I'm pretty sure it's her. remember dog days....
Old 2011-08-03, 12:54   Link #351
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Considering Kyouko's reaction this episode to Chinatsu&AKarin kiss,can we assume that it was Yui who ticked Kyouko jealousy up after seeing the forehead kiss 2 eps ago?

Yui,a childhood friend and a private property of Kyouko...
Old 2011-08-03, 15:41   Link #352
tezu

Quote:
Considering Kyouko's reaction this episode to Chinatsu&AKarin kiss,can we assume that it was Yui who ticked Kyouko jealousy up after seeing the forehead kiss 2 eps ago?
I had the same speculative thoughts after this episode's kiss. I mean, if it had been Chinatsu who witnessed Yui and Kyoko (or someone else) in this situation, she would've gone yandere. So Kyoko's crush on Chinatsu is less possessive than Chinatsu's crush on Yui and her first reaction wasn't jealousy, but shock. I also got the impression that Kyoko's obsession with Chinatsu is very ambiguous. Sometimes it looks like Kyoko enjoys slightly bullying her, sometimes it looks like she just wants to dress her up as Mirakurun and sometimes it seems like a romantic crush (wanting to kiss her).

As for her relationship with Yui, I think they've been together for so long that she's taking Yui for granted most of the time (she's too busy admiring Mirakurun). You may be right that somewhere deep down she feels a little uneasy about Yui being intimate with someone else xD (I also find it amusing that she likes to fantasize about herself and Yui - different from the usual 3rd person fantasies we get)

On the other hand, I have to laugh at myself for overanalyzing Kyoko's subconscious desires and writing so much about a comedy series Kyoko's simple, so as everyone else, she's gonna hit the reset button next episode and admire Chinatsu in her Mirakurun cosplay outfit.

Last edited by tezu; 2011-08-08 at 15:45.
tezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 15:00   Link #353
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

ok welll that was Yuri love fest even though in delusion form still i had a fill of my yuris >_<

and by god i want some moreh ahahha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 15:32   Link #354
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Umm the last episode wasn't a delusion

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 18:08   Link #355
Forsaken_Infinity

I want in in this discussion about that scene.

First thing's first - it was obviously played for laughs so taking it seriously is redundant.

Now onto Chinatsu being the only "non-nice" girl in the show - what's wrong with that? Not everyone in the world is nice and there is nothing wrong with not being nice as long as you don't abuse others (which she did here; and thus she deserves some hate but given how the series is - the worst punishment she got the worst she is gonna get which was basically being caught redhanded by her crush). And I don't think the rest of the girls are all that nice either - they each force their delusional perspective onto others.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with a show having some not-so-nice characters. If you are complaining that it came out of the blue, then it was already hinted at that Chinatsu has a darker bully side to her at several points of the show thus far. It may not have hit home because the total screentime Chinatsu has received amounts to pretty much nothing but they definitely weren't hiding her darker side alright.

If the complaint is about the exact scene alone then it was obviously done for kicks and given the reaction it has caused, I dare say they played it very well.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 22:55   Link #356
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

no one is actually complainning and actually i was HUZZA on that kissing part >_<
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 01:17   Link #357
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
Wow, this picture perfectly summed up what i will expect (or wish for) on Yui and Kyouko relationship.

While both of them are close, Kyouko is carefree, always took Yui for granted so much that she always cheerfully looked elsewhere. While Yui is always behind her, disclose her real self, while trying to keep her internal emotion in tact.
Old 2011-08-08, 12:55   Link #358
Midonin
Last Engage

Yuru Yuri 06 - ~What a wonderful magic~

An episode entirely devoted to the concept of art. I can totally get behind that. Kyoko's skilled in multiple media. Chinatsu is less so. Her drawings would look more fitting in Dantalian. The scenario spoken of in the first episode has come to fruition, with Chinatsu finally assuming the role of Mirakurun. I'm surprised she managed to play it off so well. Mostly. The kids in this show are quite psychological for their age. It's an odd reversal of dynamics.

As for Akari, she wasn't quite as scarred as she was last week, but having Kyoko steal her thunder in the intro can't be good. Things are really picking up.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 13:27   Link #359
tezu

Is it just my biased opinion or is Yuru Yuri's humour quite clever and immensely entertaining? Only a few series can make me laugh that hard.

Intro sequence was...totally random but absolutely genius. I like how Yui secretly tried to change her face So the usual cool Yui does get embarrassed at times, too!

First half of the episode was amazing. I loved everybody's reaction to Chinatsu's "art", especially Yui was adorable when she hugged the pillow because she was so traumatized by Chinatsu's slideshow. But poor Akarin always seems to be the most affected by Chinatsu's actions (I cracked up when they said that her eyes rolled back from sheer shock)
Second half was very cute because of Mari-chan (who really looks like Yui in miniature) but didn't improve my already bad impression of Chinatsu at all. How dare she destroy a little girl's dreams? Mari-chan's turned into a bitter cynic now...

As an obvious Yui-fan, I loved the episode because we didn't get to see a lot of her in the previous two episodes and she finally got to sparkle this week. The episode also proved how funny the show can be without constantly relying on tsundere dynamics and Chitose's nosebleed. It was a nice change and the humour was really refreshing in this episode.

Judging from the preview, the next episode is going to be amusing.
Spoiler for next episode:

Last edited by tezu; 2011-08-08 at 23:52.
tezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 13:37   Link #360
SidVicious
Anime addict

Need more Ayano.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen, yuri