AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-21, 04:38   Link #121
MarthX

Now we have to wait 3 more days for another air date.

SUN @ 2:30AM JST on 9/25
http://www.sun-tv.co.jp/program/mon.html

CTC @ 2:00AM JST on 9/25
http://www.chiba-tv.com/010banpyo/2007-0914-1014-7.html

TVS @ 1:30AM JST on 9/25
http://www.teletama.jp/web/data/day/24.html

But I'm sure they'll drop it too.
Old 2007-09-21, 04:46   Link #122
Joachim
et tu, brute?

i ran out of breath... sob
Old 2007-09-21, 05:13   Link #123
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

I went into Animate today just to see how things looked Higurashi-wise and they were still broadcasting current (Episode 11) episodes in-store, along with the sale of the new DVD+coasters.

Somehow seeing that made me feel better about this whole thing.
Old 2007-09-21, 07:07   Link #124
LustigerAstronaut

This "Move!" show segment with the presentation board with the sensationalist, out of context writing what Higurashi is about (You could also write that Higurashi is a show about a group of friends that mobilize a whole town to free a little girl from the abuse of her Uncle) was a big blow to Higurashi, even if the "nice lady" in black presented it as normal (We have the game and manga at home too, the children like it).
I think alone the mentioning of the name Higurashi alone in this context was enough for the time (with the cancellation/delay wave of School Days already ongoing), that the TV-stations would also do the same to Higurashi.
As fast as mass media are there when something happens and construct their stories, they are gone too and things return to normal (That's what I hope for in that case).
Old 2007-09-21, 08:15   Link #125
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LustigerAstronaut View Post
This "Move!" show segment with the presentation board with the sensationalist, out of context writing what Higurashi is about (You could also write that Higurashi is a show about a group of friends that mobilize a whole town to free a little girl from the abuse of her Uncle) was a big blow to Higurashi, even if the "nice lady" in black presented it as normal (We have the game and manga at home too, the children like it).
I think alone the mentioning of the name Higurashi alone in this context was enough for the time (with the cancellation/delay wave of School Days already ongoing), that the TV-stations would also do the same to Higurashi.
As fast as mass media are there when something happens and construct their stories, they are gone too and things return to normal (That's what I hope for in that case).
I have to agree there... to me Higurashi is not about the killing... .sure there is a lot of it.. especaly in the early arcs.... but the real ending of the whole thing is attempting to escape that fate.. save our friends and ourselves.
Old 2007-09-21, 08:18   Link #126
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
But I'm sure they'll drop it too.
Now I am starting to feel depressed. The train is still in motion even though the carriages have derailed and jacknifed....
Old 2007-09-21, 08:24   Link #127
MarthX

Another big event needs to occur to get everybody's mind off this murder.
Old 2007-09-21, 09:47   Link #128
NH1976

And why not interrupting the print runs of the bible when we are at it ? After all, one could argue that it promotes incest (just google "loth"). If that young girl had really bad "relationship" which i hope i'll never know since it's not my business...

I don't fear a cancellation of the anime nor any "improvements" in the narration but why the hell should we wait for that sordid story to cool down ! An did anyone ask these TV networks to delay the airing ? Is it their own initiative ? By the way, interesting to see such an event made a so big commotion in Japan. Here, (in Belgium) it would have caused precious little interest unless the girl had been caught with her whole family dissimulated in little chunks in the fridge.
Old 2007-09-21, 10:07   Link #129
Kazuki_Kun

This must be Takano's doing. Isn;t it obvious she didn't want to show the people what she was up to? She just changed the lineup to Cooking. I'm onto you, Takano.

Just kidding. But seriously, this sucks, but i'm sure even if the worst came to worse and it was cancelled for good they'd still find other ways to bring it out, like the DVD's. So don't lose hope!~
Old 2007-09-21, 11:41   Link #130
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

-_- Damn...

I have been waiting all week for this too

Old 2007-09-21, 11:44   Link #131
Mystearika

the same here

i really hope it come later
Old 2007-09-21, 11:47   Link #132
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

I'm going through Higurashi withdrawal...
Old 2007-09-21, 15:13   Link #133
Green²
It's bacon!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-higurashi-kai

That being, right under the top line of "KBS Kyoto Station Also Preempts Higurashi Kai", ("Murder of father in Kyoto Prefecture specifically cited as cause")

I don't know much about the Japanese television networks, but usually in result of a traumatic event, most US networks usually jump ship in order to protect any related sponsors, should the media thing blow up any further. Although there is a cloud of uncertainty as to how this overall will affect future animation content, a rough guess would be that everything will need a few weeks for everything to blow over to get going again.
Old 2007-09-21, 15:15   Link #134
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Here's the second update from ANN; I'll just copy-and-paste the whole thing to save you the trouble of linking to it (but I'm sure you know how to get there ):

EDIT: LOL -I just noticed that Green2 just posted this above. Damn my slow fingers!!! Anyway, I'll leave the article:

(This from ANN)
"The official Japanese websites of the Tōkai TV broadcast station and the Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai murder mystery anime series have announced that Tōkai TV will preempt the early Friday morning airing of this series "due to various circumstances." School Days, which is another late-night, game-based anime series with schoolgirl characters in occasionally violent scenes like Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai, was preempted after the alleged axe murder of a police sergeant by his 16-year-old daughter. Officials have not directly linked either series to the murder case.

The Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai psychological suspense series deals with a series of mysterious, violent murders that take place in a village after a dam construction project. The series is a sequel to a game and an earlier anime series called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry - Higurashi), in which school-aged characters have occasionally wielded axes.

Update: Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai airs on five other stations and runs on the Anime Theater-X (AT-X) satellite channel. These other outlets have yet to announce their future plans for this series, but they normally premiere episodes one to six days after Tōkai TV does.

Update 2: The Kyoto KBS Television station has announced that it will preempt its Saturday 2:30 a.m. showing of this series, specifically citing "the murder of the father in the Kyoto Prefecture city of Kyōtanabe." Kyoto KBS serves the city of Kyōtanabe. While the announcement notes that it is unknown whether there is a connection between the murder and this program, it also notes that there are scenes of a girl holding an axe (apparently referring to the original Higurashi no Naku Koro ni series). The decision was made in light of the "possible discomfort to the audience." The station is considering its plans for future showings.

Thank you to dormcat for the news tip."
(end of article)

There is also a link to forum discussions about the issue there, so you can share our angst

Last edited by Ahasuerus; 2007-09-21 at 15:17. Reason: ack! Green2 beat me to it!
Old 2007-09-21, 17:13   Link #135
kitedragon

This reminds me of the time a major newspaper posted an obviously photoshopped image of a 4chan post stating that anonymous was responsible for the VTech shooting in Virginia. "Fortunately" for 4chan, the newspaper also stated that the message was posted on the homepage for VTech rather than an image board. This would probably confuse the FBI as to which website it was. But even to this day, some anonymous wonder if a message really was posted on 4chan as a post may be deleted within minutes. Personally, I think that it's just an example of the media trying to blame other forms of media.

Well, at least the girl's defense lawyer has something to use. "Anime made her turn this way! She should not be found guilty! Anime is obviously the real culprit of this murder!"

And for all of you who don't support the anime industry, buy the DVD's if you want a guaranteed viewing of episode 12-13!
Old 2007-09-21, 17:13   Link #136
BakaOnna

Tokai TV has state to have already cancelled Higurashi. T_T
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/nation...na021000c.html

I seriously split between crying and murderous rage.
Old 2007-09-21, 17:18   Link #137
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
Tokai TV has state to have already cancelled Higurashi. T_T
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/nation...na021000c.html

I seriously split between crying and murderous rage.
how it makes me happy

is this site reliable?
Old 2007-09-21, 17:18   Link #138
GyroidFanatic

Well they still have an episode scheduled for next Thursday night at 4:07AM according to their website.

http://www.tokai-tv.com/bangumi/

Quote:
is this site reliable?
It's Microsoft, so that's something you'll have to decide for yourself.
Old 2007-09-21, 17:21   Link #139
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

BakaOnna beat me to the punch, I was going to mention it, but some how ended up talking to parents about it. My father didn't freak out about finding out what sort of horror I was watching O.o The man who freaked out at a character that smoked on FMA didn't freak out when I mentioned and explained the episode in question of Higurashi. He actually agrees that with all the violent horror/mystery/psychological/suspense/crime investigation shows out there that it's silly to blame them. Unless everyone in the world decides to follow the shows literally O.o If so then we'd all probably be ten feet under by now... Or raving psychotics. So while I understand putting off airing the episode for a little bit... entirely canceling the show = bad...

After discussing this with my friend in good 'ol Ireland, she said in comparison to what happened, that blaming anime because she wanted to be a mangaka and there is a similar episode on a series is the equivalent of:

Quote:
*~*Zombie Kitty*~* Avatar airs tonight and I'm in the wrong bloody country!!! says:
"This person killed this person with their nails and teeth. They liked fluffy kittens"
"*gasp* Then they were mimicking kittens!! Kitten are evil!!"

Last edited by Chibi_Faerie; 2007-09-21 at 17:54.
Old 2007-09-21, 17:44   Link #140
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I get the feeling that Higurashi's ratings are going to go pretty hight after all this ends. If the show doesn't end up being cancelled, a lot of folks would probably feel curious and may start watching the show just to see what the fuzz was all about.

I mean, I didn't give a damn about School Days before this whole thing started, and now I cant wait to start seeing the show. >_< !!