Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-21, 20:41   Link #161
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
In proper English, I'm guessing that means Sun is also preempting ep. 12?
No, time slot was changed a little.
Unfortunately, this was done before hell broke out, so no, it doesn't mean anything.
Old 2007-09-21, 20:44   Link #162
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
From the Higurashi web site

Auto-translated
Actually that's talking about how the episode will start 15 minutes late, and was probably posted before news of the murder even broke. Look throughout that page and you'll see it's not that uncommon.

EDIT: Beat
Old 2007-09-21, 20:48   Link #163
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
In proper English, I'm guessing that means Sun is also preempting ep. 12?
Sounds like it was only pushed back 15 minutes.
Old 2007-09-21, 20:55   Link #164
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

it was posted on the 21st
Old 2007-09-21, 21:02   Link #165
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sezen_atacan View Post
This suspense is tempting me to grab the Manga or Game. But is Minagoroshi-hen even translated for the Manga and Game?
There isn't any minagoroshi-hen manga at all.
Minagoroshi-hen(for the game) has its first 7 chapters translated (with the prologue included).
Old 2007-09-21, 21:29   Link #166
sezen_atacan

Also the thing is, how do you explain the part in the recent past where one elementary student killed her own classmate, then I heard that doll making companies have already made dolls and other products about this killer. Nobody got into any trouble. So why now? Hypocritical? Ironic?
Old 2007-09-21, 21:55   Link #167
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

I was just looking around some news sites, wondering has anything else been officially said about what happened...?Any further idea as to why she did what she did...? Or is the media to the point they don't care and just want to bash anime...? I'm quite disappointed, I cant believe I once wanted to be a journalist... Oh yeah while looking I stumbled across something, this isn't the only ax murder, in fact maybe the press should look at this other particular incident. A girl axed her mother last year in New Zealand, maybe this girl in Kyoto heard about it while trying to decide what to do about her adulterer father...? If thats what it was, as we haven't been given any more real news still. Maybe the media should steer their attention away from anime and look at their own articles, on tv, on the net, oh wait that'd mean if they put an end to these things they'd be out of a job, silly me...

Oh and if I sounded angry at all I'm not, I was miffed at how it was being handled at first, though understood putting off the airing for a bit, now I'm just sitting here rather wondering how it's going to end. In the long run I'll just buy the game and get those patches to find out what happens ff I can't wait for the release of dvds.
Old 2007-09-21, 22:06   Link #168
Aisling

Rumor has it that Tokai TV has canned HiguKai completely. Let's hope it's not so...we'd have to wait for DVD release.

We didn't even get a NICE BOAT like School Days.
Old 2007-09-21, 22:10   Link #169
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

But we did get NICE COOK
Old 2007-09-21, 22:26   Link #170
sezen_atacan

It would make a lot more sense if these shows are placed in the "Hentai" category and showed at 2:30am in the morning or something. Cutting the show is way to overkill. The "Hentai" category is meant to place all responsibilities on the viewer being 18+ isn't it?

Something similar was done with Negima too I heard it was given a high rating and showed very late at night because of heavy ecchi.

I know rating regular shows as "hentai" may be too much, but cutting it all together is non-sensical, its not fair to the 18+ audience who can make their own judgements.

Um.. I didn't get the punchline with "NICE COOK", "NICE FOOD" and "NICE BOAT" can you tell me the joke?
Old 2007-09-21, 22:26   Link #171
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
I think it's great that so many people want to write complaints about the cancellation of a show they're watching illegally...
I think it's great that a show that many people are watching illegally has its legal avenue of viewing pretty much unofficially cactus (until further notice). Fun times to be had by all.
Old 2007-09-21, 22:41   Link #172
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
It would make a lot more sense if these shows are placed in the "Hentai" category and showed at 2:30am in the morning or something.
Most anime that is not aimed primarily at kids is shown after midnight actually, including Higurashi. That said, if kids want to watch violence that much, instead of staying late they could simply watch prime time news bulletins or mainstream action movies anyway.

Old 2007-09-21, 23:10   Link #173
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Um.. I didn't get the punchline with "NICE COOK", "NICE FOOD" and "NICE BOAT" can you tell me the joke?
See:
http://www.globalvoicesonline.org/20...d-a-nice-boat/
Old 2007-09-21, 23:21   Link #174
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
It would make a lot more sense if these shows are placed in the "Hentai" category and showed at 2:30am in the morning or something.
This may come to a surprise to you, but most anime shows are shown after midnight.
Old 2007-09-21, 23:23   Link #175
Animaker9

Hi

Hi everyone, I came here today because of this incident... it really sucks that a good anime like Higurashi would end up like this, you know, if that girl really liked Higurashi, then why didn't she caught the messaege in it "when something bad happens you must talk about it" I learned many things by viewing Higurashi.

Many years ago, here in Mexico, a TV network "TV Azteca" aired a show, that talked about "The evil of Anime" they really messed up everything, in our elementary school the teachers took away our pokemon games, trading cards... everything, even the other TV networks stopped airing anime for some time, I almost went crazy!!! I think that some people love to attack something that is succesfull to destroy it, well, maybe the incident was a little similar but come on! I've watched violent anime for years and I don feel like I want to kill anybody, I think that it has more to do with family values and that kind of stuff. well we'll just have to wait...

Let us pray for Higurashi
Old 2007-09-21, 23:24   Link #176
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Yeah, sezen_atacan, Higurashi Kai's normal broadcast time on KBS Kyoto is 2:30 in the morning.

Last edited by VRMN; 2007-09-21 at 23:25. Reason: Clarification
Old 2007-09-22, 02:21   Link #177
Mr Fist

Oh my god, I came in here hoping to see the discussions of Ep 12 and now they're not showing it.

I'm feeling tense now. Will they ever show the episodes ever? Or is there still the chance of another TV station playing it?
Old 2007-09-22, 02:28   Link #178
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

More importantly will they ever show another Higurashi episode again? :/

I don't think things will be cooling down the way we want them to be. If and whenever that does happen...
Old 2007-09-22, 05:12   Link #179
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
it was posted on the 21st
21st is the day of the latest update of the onair broadcasting hours subsection (which was KBS announcement about preempting btw)
Old 2007-09-22, 05:52   Link #180
MarthX

kj1980, what do you think the chances are of Sun, Chibia or Saitama television airing it in 2 days? Is the incident still a big deal and on everybody's mind? Has it cooled down any?
Closed Thread