AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-02-22, 23:46   Link #1
steelvulture

OGM Files in WMP9

I have OGM files playing correctly (w/ various streams and such) in Windows Media Player 9 (don't send me to the sticky or Lazy Man's guide, I've used those before). I just want to get rid of an annoyance. WMP 9 keeps asking if it wants me to play the file type although it is not recognized by the player. I keep check marking "Don't ask me again for this extension" and clicking yes, but WMP 9 keeps on popping up the asking. I just want to get rid of it. I prefer to keep using WMP 9 (versus Classic) since I use it for all my other video files.

Also, I generally select multiple video files in explorer and open them up in WMP 9 (select and press enter). This generally causes a playlist to be created (so I don't have to keep on going back to the folder and clicking the next episode). This is without using the Media Library of WMP9. According to the help file, adding to the playlist can only be done if the file is in the Media Library, but I prefer not to use the Library. Does this also work with OGM files? I tried it but it only plays one file at a time. I'm assuming it's because WMP 9 keeps asking if it wants me to play that file extension. This is why I don't really want to use WMP Classic, playlists. But if WMP 9 only plays one OGM file at a time, I guess it's just the same as classic. I just want to keep the player the same for all my video files.

Thanks.
Old 2004-02-23, 00:43   Link #2
Liddo
wheeeee!~

Send a message via AIM to Liddo Send a message via MSN to Liddo Send a message via Yahoo to Liddo
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvulture
I have OGM files playing correctly (w/ various streams and such) in Windows Media Player 9 (don't send me to the sticky or Lazy Man's guide, I've used those before). I just want to get rid of an annoyance. WMP 9 keeps asking if it wants me to play the file type although it is not recognized by the player. I keep check marking "Don't ask me again for this extension" and clicking yes, but WMP 9 keeps on popping up the asking. I just want to get rid of it. I prefer to keep using WMP 9 (versus Classic) since I use it for all my other video files.

Also, I generally select multiple video files in explorer and open them up in WMP 9 (select and press enter). This generally causes a playlist to be created (so I don't have to keep on going back to the folder and clicking the next episode). This is without using the Media Library of WMP9. According to the help file, adding to the playlist can only be done if the file is in the Media Library, but I prefer not to use the Library. Does this also work with OGM files? I tried it but it only plays one file at a time. I'm assuming it's because WMP 9 keeps asking if it wants me to play that file extension. This is why I don't really want to use WMP Classic, playlists. But if WMP 9 only plays one OGM file at a time, I guess it's just the same as classic. I just want to keep the player the same for all my video files.

Thanks.
er.. something may be up with your WMP9.. cause it asked me once and i clicked the dun ask me to play the file extension thing and it worked fine... doesnt aske me for it anymore.. yea.. otherwise you can go into your options of your WMP9 and add the file extension as WMP default...
Old 2004-02-23, 01:42   Link #3
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
This is why I don't really want to use WMP Classic, playlists. But if WMP 9 only plays one OGM file at a time, I guess it's just the same as classic. I just want to keep the player the same for all my video files.

Thanks.
Media Player Classic has playlists.
Old 2004-02-23, 01:54   Link #4
steelvulture

Well, the Classic that I'm referring to is v6.4 that comes with Windows. As far as I can tell, it doesn't have support for playlists. There are no options in any of the menus, selecting multiple files and pressing enter doesn't create a playlist (when WMP Classic was set as the default for OMG), v6.4's help file doesn't mention anything regarding using playlists except skipping forward to the next item (which doesn't make sense), and the open file dialogue only allows one file to be selected at a time versus multiple in WMP9.

Regarding adding the extension in WMP9 options, how would you do that? There isn't anything that seems to allow that on the "File Types" tab in the options.
Old 2004-02-23, 03:36   Link #5
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Quote:

Thanks.
That is is odd, when i downloaded the .ogm patch for wm9, there was no such pop up. It simply played the .ogm file. There was no fuss at all.
Old 2004-02-23, 10:39   Link #6
steelvulture

Well, I didn't really install an .ogm patch for WMP9 (is there even one?). I just installed OggDS and VobSub. Oh well, I found a fix for that popup. Went through the registry and came upon the extensions settings for WMP9. Found them at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\W MPlayer\Extensions\. I added a dword value "Permissions" with hex value f. The Ogg extensions didn't have this value although the other extensions for which WMP9 is the default player had this setting. After putting this in, the popups went away.
Old 2004-02-24, 12:13   Link #7
skillosopher
Dr. J

Send a message via AIM to skillosopher
Talking

ctrl 7 = playlist window for media player classic.