AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-02-27, 06:32   Link #1
Tommy
Mr. Prince

****Official Ninja Gaiden thread****

Alright boys and girls time is closing down till that March 2 release date. Which means the joys of what to me will be the best x-box game to date will be out. Anyways its confirmed that this game DOES kick ass now! I had no doubts .
Because here are the reviews,

Gamespot- 9.4 (Folks this is an EXTREMELY good review since gamespot is really tough with there reviews, much tougher then IGN.)

and

IGN- 9.4

Check out the full reviews for yourselves at their websites.

Anyways discuss how much you are currently drooling like me for the time being until we can all get our grubby hands on a copy and talk about the game.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 14:44   Link #2
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
I/m drooling lots, I been a Ninja Gaiden fan since the arcade days and nes, but sadly, i have no xbox
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 15:40   Link #3
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Well heres your reason to buy one . Did I mention it has the original 3 nes games on it as well .
Old 2004-02-28, 19:11   Link #4
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
Well heres your reason to buy one . Did I mention it has the original 3 nes games on it as well .
No need to tell me anything on it, I know all about it Makes me want it even more I got other systems to feed, cannot afford an xbox right now, to just collect dust like everything else.
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 03:07   Link #5
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

The game looks awesome and since IGN gave it a good score I'm definitely gonna buy it when it comes out. I hope they don't delay it.
Old 2004-03-03, 04:02   Link #6
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Quote:
Gamespot- 9.4 (Folks this is an EXTREMELY good review since gamespot is really tough with there reviews, much tougher then IGN.)
I don't think gamespot is tough at all, since they had a game with a 2,4 or so as number 1 game for over a week a while ago. Looks like a pretty good game though.
Thyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 16:14   Link #7
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Im very impressed, with the graphics and animation of ryu on the xbox ( hero of n.g )
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 19:07   Link #8
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyrz
I don't think gamespot is tough at all, since they had a game with a 2,4 or so as number 1 game for over a week a while ago. Looks like a pretty good game though.
Their no. 1 game thing doesnt really indicate anything of their reviewing, Its pretty much just a random game thats always on there. Like right now GTA San Andreas is on there, a game that isn't even out yet.

Oh yeah I got the game today!!! I'll post impressions later.
Old 2004-03-04, 02:13   Link #9
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I am happy to say that Ninja Gaiden does live up to the hype. The graphics are gorgeous! The gameplay is rock solid and it is a HARD game. I've died so many times but I'm glad its difficult, because it gives off a certain satisfaction when you beat a boss or level.

Ninja Gaiden is IMO the best game on the X-box.
Old 2004-03-04, 15:12   Link #10
ShadowX114
is my nickname

I also wish I have an xbox (only for that game ) ( but in my opinion xbox dosn't have many nice games (Dead Or Alive 3 and Ninja Gaiden are the only best) but oh well thats my opinion and hey i think i went off topic :P
Lets get back in the topic, my cousin has an xbox, so I have to torture him to *cough* download it *cough*

Tommy, like you said, the harder, the better. Well not way too hard or else its gonna be boring. The game "Prince of Persia: The sands of time" was REALLY nice. I finished it twice. But it was kind of an easy game which sucked. so If this game is harder, longer (20 hours to finish it instead of 10 like POP) , has a solid graphic and maybe better moves, then I guess this game is ALOT better than POP.
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 15:23   Link #11
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

I am picking up mine today. I hear its only hard until you get your moves down and then you can basically own the hell outta the enemies.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 18:45   Link #12
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStar
I am picking up mine today. I hear its only hard until you get your moves down and then you can basically own the hell outta the enemies.
Yeah the second boss was the hardest for me so far and thats because I still didn't know what I was doing. Now I am on chapter 6 and some of the enemys still give me an ass whooping but I can cut through most of them with no problems.

Oh and this game is a LOT harder then Prince of Persia and of course if you aren't having problems with the normal difficulty on Ninja Gaiden then pop it onto hard (your probably pretty damn good if you haven't died at least a dozen times in normal difficlulty). Im sure the enemies will give you a run for your money then.

This is definitly my favorite game on the system next to Panzer Dragoon Orta. Man I can't wait to unlock the original games!
Old 2004-03-04, 18:57   Link #13
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
Yeah the second boss was the hardest for me so far and thats because I still didn't know what I was doing. Now I am on chapter 6 and some of the enemys still give me an ass whooping but I can cut through most of them with no problems.

Oh and this game is a LOT harder then Prince of Persia and of course if you aren't having problems with the normal difficulty on Ninja Gaiden then pop it onto hard (your probably pretty damn good if you haven't died at least a dozen times in normal difficlulty). Im sure the enemies will give you a run for your money then.

This is definitly my favorite game on the system next to Panzer Dragoon Orta. Man I can't wait to unlock the original games!
I loved Orta. That game made you work hard. Some of the boss fights got up there in time length.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 04:01   Link #14
brtran

Talking Make a Ninja mask out of a T-shirt.

Because of this game, I want to be a ninja or at leat look like one. Anyway here is the old T-shirt ninja mask trick.
------------------

Step 1

Pick a t-shirt that you know the other ninjas will not bother you about.

------------------
Step 2

Turn the shirt inside-out and put over your head normally but with the tag down (so backwards) and hold the sleeves out to the sides.

----------------
Step 3

Tie the sleeves in a single knot in the middle of your head. Very Simple. (Pull it tight so the mask does not become loose during battle.)

----------------
Step 4

Frontwards it should look like this with the tag down under your nose. Although my identity is reveiled now, soon I will be NINJA and you will be clueless as to who just kicked your ass

---------------
Step 5

Pull the top collar down your forehead and fold it up. Keep the facial space to a minimum and pull it right to your brow.

--------------
Step 6

Pull the bottom collar and tag up over your nose and fold it under the same as you did with the top collar. You will find the sides will fold into each other quite nicely

-------------
Step 7

Find yourself an interesting yet threatening ninja pose. As a ninja you obtain certain responsibilities such as kicking asses and looking cool and tough.
brtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 21:57   Link #15
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

Quote:
yeah the second boss was the hardest for me so far
Ditto. It wasn't so much the boss himself, as his two henchmen that kept getting in my way.

Nice game though, and yes, if you like challenging games, GET NINJA GAIDEN!
MrMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 20:05   Link #16
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonkey
Ditto. It wasn't so much the boss himself, as his two henchmen that kept getting in my way.

Nice game though, and yes, if you like challenging games, GET NINJA GAIDEN!
No kidding. I'm on chapter 9 right now; but man, it was a real bite in the ass just to get there. The hardest for me so far had to have been when you fight Alma at the end of chap. 7 though. Unless you had full health, a lot of skill/luck, enough spirit elixers, and good timing skills, she was a bitch to beat. By far (from chapter 1 to 9), she takes off the most amount of life off of you when she hits you (if she grabs you, you float in the air and she does a 2-hit combo that takes off almost half of your life bar; not to mention that she has a brutal barage of projectile attacks too).

This has to be one of the toughest action games I have ever played, but it's just so damn awesome and fun to play. I would totally recommend this game for people who are looking for a challenging game to play and beat.
Strider_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 20:53   Link #17
nicotine
Highly Addictive

Send a message via AIM to nicotine Send a message via MSN to nicotine
must...get...ninja...gaiden...now! i need to enjoy the ninja awsomeness of ninja gaiden but:
1.) don't got money
2.) gave up video gaming for Lent

T_T
nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 01:06   Link #18
Chrn0

Send a message via AIM to Chrn0 Send a message via MSN to Chrn0
I have planned on buying it ever since ive seen the preview.but sadly,i don't have any money,and i need to save money to buy new computer parts to increase my gaming.
Chrn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 01:35   Link #19
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Yay I beat the game today! unfortuantly I didn't unlock any of the originals though . Looks like I'm going back through the game for all those scarabs.
Old 2004-03-11, 10:22   Link #20
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

This is the game that made me buy the X-Box

Damn I sucked... Kept dying to the Chapter 1 Boss... I can get to him in full perfect health but cannot figure out how to even hit him.

Then I learnt that it is better to play Normal instead of Hard at the start (a habit of mine) and beat the game so as to unlock the secrets *muhahaha*

Looks like I have to start a new game on Normal, at least I didn't get pass Chapter 1 yet .
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote