Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-30, 10:43   Link #21
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I like it. I hope they don't go on and start with another princess of some random country after this current arc though.

One thing that kind of bothers me is that usually the art is really good, but sometimes the faces look kind of distorted/off.
This manga is indeed heading down the wrong path, if it keeps reusing the "meet new princess" plot line. There is currently a lack of focus, which is probably the reason to whats holding the manga back
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 20:31   Link #22
Lummie

7th volume cover

Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 10:51   Link #23
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
I actually don't mind the princess arcs, but the setup of the overall story is flailing. Restoring the house gets old and what is supposed to be the end-game boss is someone I have little interest in. If you're reading for fan service then I'm sure you're still satisfied, but for me, the plot is wearing thin. And that new loli scares me.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 02:58   Link #24
AdventSleeper

I agree, the author should try to somehow forward the plot and go past these princess arcs. Although they aren't bad.. some progress would be nice.

Maybe this has happened, but I don't read the RAWs so I'm only where it's translated up to.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 22:32   Link #25
AdventSleeper

Well.. darn, he didn't end up with the princess... I was too hopeful

Then again, if he did settle down, then what would happen next in the story?
Old 2010-01-18, 23:19   Link #26
Wrath88
Kissing...

It's more of 'meet new princesses' plus 'gather allies' plus 'uncover plot by enemy', although the pace is slower than readers would like.
Old 2010-01-18, 23:22   Link #27
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIaNeRd View Post
Well.. darn, he didn't end up with the princess... I was too hopeful

Then again, if he did settle down, then what would happen next in the story?
It was obvious that he wouldn't from the beginning.

It just going to be the same routine,

Meets princess.

Try to get her to fall in love with him.

Trouble/problem appears.

Saves the day, Princess falls in love

Ends up leaving at the end anyway, because of different reasons. Some are valid reasons, some are just plain old stupid reasons.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 08:11   Link #28
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
It will always stay the same with the princess arcs. In the end I'm pretty sure Kagari will the one, who Raizo marries. So enjoy those arcs with the princesses, but don't expect some developments that last.
Old 2010-01-19, 10:54   Link #29
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Chapter 30 was bad in my mind. Between the two misunderstandings, Raizou going catatonic over some lies and just sitting there while his Kunoichi are dying and Kagari is being slapped around, it fell really flat. The end of the chapter was the worst with him just running off without even listening to the princess. A complete cop out. I'd like to believe that after this, he'd mature a bit now that that he's had his first real love, but I don't see it. He has barely changed since chapter 1.
Old 2010-01-19, 12:47   Link #30
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh c'mon...! She was the best candidate yet! If Raizo doesn't get a harem going soon...oh well, I'll probably still glance at it from time to time... I loved that Pirate Princess - the right balance of woman (for me anyway).
Old 2010-01-19, 14:21   Link #31
Silaqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Oh c'mon...! She was the best candidate yet! If Raizo doesn't get a harem going soon...oh well, I'll probably still glance at it from time to time... I loved that Pirate Princess - the right balance of woman (for me anyway).
I still don't understand why this manga is considered a harem manga. Of course all the princesses Raizou meets will eventually fall in love with him, but at the end of their arcs they will be gone for good. In my opinion in a harem manga the male lead is constantly surrounded by the girls, who love him. Hayate the Combat Butler, Sora no Otoshimono or Negima are examples for this, but here we only have Kagari, who loves him and is always by his side.
Old 2010-01-19, 14:28   Link #32
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
I still don't understand why this manga is considered a harem manga. Of course all the princesses Raizou meets will eventually fall in love with him, but at the end of their arcs they will be gone for good. In my opinion in a harem manga the male lead is constantly surrounded by the girls, who love him. Hayate the Combat Butler, Sora no Otoshimono or Negima are examples for this, but here we only have Kagari, who loves him and is always by his side.
I think you are misunderstanding something, he is making himself a large princess harem and has now 3-4 I think? up too scanned chapters and when the final battle between him and his enemy i think that all the princesses that he meets will play there own role and then ones the manga is about too end each of the princesses will fight for the role of being his wife lol.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 14:48   Link #33
Silaqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think you are misunderstanding something, he is making himself a large princess harem and has now 3-4 I think? up too scanned chapters and when the final battle between him and his enemy i think that all the princesses that he meets will play there own role and then ones the manga is about too end each of the princesses will fight for the role of being his wife lol.
I understand that, but in my opinion in a harem manga the girls are always close to the male lead. They stay by his side, travel alongside him and every girl gets the same amount of character development. But here they appear out of nowhere and three or four chapters later they are already gone. Of course you can say, that he's building a harem of princesses, but this doesn't make it a harem manga in my opinion. It lacks the constant interaction between the girls and the interaction between the male lead and his "harem". Like I said, the only girl that is always by his side and really loves him is Kagari and she is even an important factor for the main plot. Lord Seigan is interested in her and even some drama is foreshadowed ("In the end you (Kagari) will scream my (Lord Seigan) name").

I'm pretty sure, that the princesses will reappear in later chapters, but, like you said, only to support Raizo fighting against Lord Seigan. And this fight will be some kind of rescue mission for Kagari.

Last edited by Silaqui; 2010-01-19 at 20:59.
Silaqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:08   Link #34
AdventSleeper

Silly Raizou.. don't try to run..

So is Anjo a nun or just a regular girl helping people out? Cause, well, you know, a nun can't exactly get married ( not that I think it'll happen between the two...)
Old 2010-02-05, 20:11   Link #35
Xion Valkyrie

I find the new girl extremely attractive, I dunno why.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 22:48   Link #36
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIaNeRd View Post
Silly Raizou.. don't try to run..

So is Anjo a nun or just a regular girl helping people out? Cause, well, you know, a nun can't exactly get married ( not that I think it'll happen between the two...)
i think she's just very religious but not a nun
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 13:16   Link #37
Lummie

Found new raws or rather vol.7 and damn plot is starting to develop:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 13:21   Link #38
Silaqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post

Spoiler for spoiler:
That sounds good. The princess arcs are getting boring and repetative.
Old 2010-02-11, 00:10   Link #39
AdventSleeper

That's GREAT news, story is finally beginning to kick up... now to wait for the scans to catch up, ^^
Old 2010-02-19, 04:21   Link #40
binkhiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post

Spoiler for spoiler:
Can you upload the RAW for vol 7 ? And if you do , use Mediafire
binkhiem is offline   Reply With Quote