AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-04-16, 02:17   Link #441
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
well, if all goes according to plan, we'll get introduced to Zero's past in the next ep. Kaname's past is still a ways off, but its a bit easier to cover, because there's basically one event with almost no back story. whereas Zero has the much more complex history

and yeah.. <3 Ruka...
The latest revelation implies that there is more to Kaname's past than just that one event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
manga really seems to be at its climax right now, it may not actually go on much longer.
It does feel like it's reaching the climax (I say reaching because I don't think it is right on it now) but there remains quite a bit about Kaname to be revealed; so I'm not sure how things will go from here. I really want to see more about Kaname because there is still such an air of mystery surrounding him.

Out of curiosity, what kind of grudges do people hold against Kaname? Is it simply because he appears to be the sauve, perfect archetype? O_o Because I don't see him like that at all. I actually see him very much like Zero but less obvious because he has greater control over himself.

Edit: Seems like ep 2 covers materials in both chapters 2 and 3, but exclude some things from chapter 3.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2008-04-16 at 02:41.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 03:18   Link #442
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Pls if guys want to discuss things that are happening in the manga pls discuss it at the manga thread for vampire knight...

this is the anime thread and i like reading discussions based on what's shown on the anime and not some future chapters in the manga...
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 03:20   Link #443
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Going back to "Who is THE Vampire Knight",
Spoiler for my guess but it could be correct:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-16, 09:14   Link #444
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
Pls if guys want to discuss things that are happening in the manga pls discuss it at the manga thread for vampire knight...

this is the anime thread and i like reading discussions based on what's shown on the anime and not some future chapters in the manga...
Please, guys, listen to z3phyr.mp3's request and discuss manga stuff in the manga thread. Let this thread be the anime thread it's supposed to be.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 09:35   Link #445
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Sorry for the late post. ^^ Episode 2 summary + screenshots is released in the blog.

By the way, Is it just me but Yuuki looks so cute!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 09:38   Link #446
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post

By the way, Is it just me but Yuuki looks so cute!
Nope, I'm right with you there!
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 10:57   Link #447
Raserei Hojo
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Raserei Hojo Send a message via MSN to Raserei Hojo Send a message via Yahoo to Raserei Hojo
Hooray~ Subtitles for episode 02 <3

The Chairman scares me a bit, especially when he gets his gift from Yuuki. >_>;
Raserei Hojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 11:58   Link #448
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
watching this anime reminds me of why i liked the manga that much..

but that is also a problem as I'm getting impatient and i may just read the manga. T_T
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 12:34   Link #449
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Please, guys, listen to z3phyr.mp3's request and discuss manga stuff in the manga thread. Let this thread be the anime thread it's supposed to be.
hehe...
i just wanted to read the speculations of those who watch only the anime...
i follow the manga and reading these speculations is kinda fun and if the anime only watchers were to be spoiled, the fun would be lost...
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:11   Link #450
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
hehe...
i just wanted to read the speculations of those who watch only the anime...
i follow the manga and reading these speculations is kinda fun and if the anime only watchers were to be spoiled, the fun would be lost...
You have a different motivation than I thought, but the end result is still the same. Discussions based on information not yet revealed in the anime belong in the manga thread in order to let the anime-only watchers enjoy and speculate unbiased.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:23   Link #451
Jerseykid

Episode 2, good stuff. Even though the fight didn't break out the display of abilities was cool. The ice melting. Zero is fast approaching breaking point.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 14:15   Link #452
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't want to put too much emphasis on this, but it struck me as I was making a blog post that all the main creative staff on this show are women. The director is Sayama Kiyoko. This is her first full series, but she did storyboarding and direction for episodes of Princess Tutu, Saber Marionette J, Blood+, Aria the Natural, etc.

The lead writer is Okada Mari, who did work on Simoun, and was lead writer on true tears, Sketchbook, Kodomo no Jikan, etc. The mangaka, Hino Matsuri, is also a woman.

And the character designer is Nishida Asako, who was character designer/animation director on Fate/Stay Night, Simoun, and Touka Gettan. Check out her home page, especially the gallery and her doll collection.

One more staff note: the sound director is Gouda Houzumi, who also is the VA for the headmaster. It seems Studio Deen likes veteran VAs as sound directors: Tsujitani Kouji was sound director of Simoun and F/SN. I've heard that the sound director often directs the VAs' acting, so it makes some sense to use someone from the VA world rather than the sound engineering world.

EDIT: I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Kanon Wakeshima's own PV of the ED is on YouTube. She is a cellist and singer and wears a sort of loli-goth outfit in the PV.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-16 at 15:45.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 16:35   Link #453
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I am very biased to Zero XD But I think I was right in saying that since I haven't seen anything about him that would make someone who dislikes him from the start as much as Chiibi does turn around his/her opinion of him.
No no, you got it wrong-I LOVE Zero. Kaname's the one I dislike.
Old 2008-04-16, 16:54   Link #454
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh this part "since I haven't seen anything about him that would make someone who dislikes him from the start as much" was talking about Kaname, I should've said "Kaname" instead of "him" after the "about".
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 17:00   Link #455
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
shoku released ep 2 subbed.

wonder why there isn't any other group subbing this anime thought it'll be massed subbed maybe they are gathering more eps before releasing them all at once.
Old 2008-04-16, 17:01   Link #456
Tendou88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
watching this anime reminds me of why i liked the manga that much..

but that is also a problem as I'm getting impatient and i may just read the manga. T_T
yeah same here !

But you will regret it after reading the manga
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 17:04   Link #457
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh nice episode 2, btw cindialai another group did release the first episode on the 14th.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 17:12   Link #458
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
shoku's transparent fonts are killing me X_X lol but oh well go shoku go i want my blood >.>
Old 2008-04-16, 18:28   Link #459
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Mishicorp just released ep1.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-16, 18:41   Link #460
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ they released 1 a few days ago. no one has done two yet though. or its not showing up on any tracker page i go to..
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote