Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-06, 02:25   Link #2081
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Sorry I should have been clearer I was really hoping we were wrong about Gundam AGE being super robot series the choice in bands just reconfirms it.
Choice in bands and their songs, confirms nothing about the actual show. I'm quite sure JAM Project would know the different between a show like Gundam, and shows that are super robot in nature. JAM Project doing the opening song for the series in no way shape or form confirms it to be super robotish.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2011-09-06 at 03:21.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 02:39   Link #2082
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
If its a hint of super robot-ness, I would say it would be closer to the AGE variant's weapon design than anything else. I don't think a band represents much, even if they've done nothing but super robots before.
Old 2011-09-06, 03:18   Link #2083
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

If anything, the confirm of JAM Project doing the OP actually turns half of /m/ from "It's a disaster to Gundam franchise" into "Might be awesome/good" boat. The internet is funny, honestly .
Old 2011-09-06, 05:59   Link #2084
brightman
Ancient Member

Yeah, nothing wrong with being a super robot series. It's not like all of they have to be outrageous and crazy like Gurren Lagann. Besides, as 00 has shown us, "real" robot shows can be even more ridiculous at times.
Old 2011-09-06, 09:01   Link #2085
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
did everyone already forgot about G Gundam?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 09:11   Link #2086
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
What about G-Gundam?
Old 2011-09-06, 12:29   Link #2087
LaSean

Quote:
About how awesome it is? No I didn't forget.
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 13:17   Link #2088
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
If its a hint of super robot-ness, I would say it would be closer to the AGE variant's weapon design than anything else. I don't think a band represents much, even if they've done nothing but super robots before.
Well Sonic I haven't been wording this well I do consider the band to be a minor sign of that direction I wouldn't have even thought anything probably if it wasn't for the Titus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
If anything, the confirm of JAM Project doing the OP actually turns half of /m/ from "It's a disaster to Gundam franchise" into "Might be awesome/good" boat. The internet is funny, honestly .
It just depends on prespective I guess Duo to me the theme song really isn't a very important part of show especially with anime but still alot of theme are indictive of nature of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Yeah, nothing wrong with being a super robot series. It's not like all of they have to be outrageous and crazy like Gurren Lagann. Besides, as 00 has shown us, "real" robot shows can be even more ridiculous at times.
Never meant to say there was anything wrong with super robot series in general it's just a route I'm hoping not to see Gundam head down again.

Quote:
I don't think anyone has there is just not any real reason to bring that trash into the conversation Gundam AGE clearly from what we know about the plot going to be a very different animal from G Gundam.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 15:08   Link #2089
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
there is just not any real reason to bring that trash into the conversation
I find it ironic people in this thread bash other posters both here and elsewhere for bashing AGE, while at the same time this thread seems to find it perfectly acceptable to turn around and bash another Gundam show.
Old 2011-09-06, 15:43   Link #2090
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I find it ironic people in this thread bash other posters both here and elsewhere for bashing AGE, while at the same time this thread seems to find it perfectly acceptable to turn around and bash another Gundam show.
Well Keroi the thing is though I actaully watched the G Gundam series before I came to that conclusion I didn't watch acouple of trailers and then come to that opinion before watching the first episode.
Old 2011-09-06, 16:10   Link #2091
Charred Knight

Quote:
Sorry I should have been clearer I was really hoping we were wrong about Gundam AGE being super robot series the choice in bands just reconfirms it.
With recent Gundam the only thing that keeps it from being a super robot show is the fact that they don't call out their attacks. I mean can anyone claim that Raiser Sword is any different from God Slash, other than the fact that the Raiser Sword is a lot more powerful and Setsuna doesn't scream "Raiser Sword".
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 16:33   Link #2092
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Well Keroi the thing is though I actaully watched the G Gundam series before I came to that conclusion I didn't watch acouple of trailers and then come to that opinion before watching the first episode.
The point still stands. It's hypocritical to complain about bashing and then turn around and do the exact same thing you're criticizing people for.

And my username doesn't have an "e" in it.
Old 2011-09-06, 18:56   Link #2093
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
With recent Gundam the only thing that keeps it from being a super robot show is the fact that they don't call out their attacks. I mean can anyone claim that Raiser Sword is any different from God Slash, other than the fact that the Raiser Sword is a lot more powerful and Setsuna doesn't scream "Raiser Sword".
Well there are some other differences as far as we know the 00R doesn't run off of emotions like the God Gundam's Hyper Mode.
I really hope in AGE they skip that common super robot element of having the MS power tied to the pilots emotions/fighting spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The point still stands. It's hypocritical to complain about bashing and then turn around and do the exact same thing you're criticizing people for.
Except I'm not doing the same thing I wasn't complaining about people disliking Gundam AGE or thinking it was terrible heck I'm not even sure if I like it yet I'll have wait until I see it my sole complaint was with people claiming the show was terrible without watching any of it which is not what I did with G Gundam.
Old 2011-09-06, 19:44   Link #2094
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

That still doesn't make it fine, really. I'm not going around calling GSD is trash even though that's what I feel. To be fair, G Gundam has what it worths, and I even hold it in higher position than GS/GSD.
Old 2011-09-06, 20:18   Link #2095
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Well there are some other differences as far as we know the 00R doesn't run off of emotions like the God Gundam's Hyper Mode.
I really hope in AGE they skip that common super robot element of having the MS power tied to the pilots emotions/fighting spirit.
Come on, Gundam is already full of the "running off emotion" stuff. The suits themselves might not do it (well, they might - look at Zeta/ZZ's biosensors or Unicorn Gundam's NT-D, and I haven't heard anyone complaining about that one in particular), but all that Newtype, SEED, Innovator stuff is basically the same thing. Some guy awakens crazy powers via emotional outbursts and start owning the enemy.

That's just what most real robot shows are. If you think about it, they're basically the same as super robot shows except they try hard to explain things.
Old 2011-09-06, 20:30   Link #2096
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Come on folks, lets not turns this into another real robot vs super robot war.

Those get nasty...
Old 2011-09-06, 20:39   Link #2097
brightman
Ancient Member

Gundam AGE interview got subbed (hint - turn on closed-captions)
Old 2011-09-06, 21:14   Link #2098
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Nice, they're already planning the North American release.
Old 2011-09-06, 21:30   Link #2099
GundamFan

So they're already talking about the North American release this is great.
Old 2011-09-07, 00:42   Link #2100
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

God I love Wolf's little bit of footage in the second preview. I love how he sniffs the air looking for a battle. He's gonna be a kick ass character, I can already feel it.