AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-28, 16:27   Link #41
ZODDGUTS

I see the anime speeding through the early part of the manga and getting into the battle and more crazier section earlier.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 18:08   Link #42
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yes, if a lot of people quit after the first volume (as another person I know did as I tried to show it to him to see where he stood) then the responsibility falls with the author. What people talk about wanting me to do is what I call requiring an act of faith. The assumption that something will improve after a rough launch based on nothing but pure faith in the author, the potential of the material, word of mouth, subjective opinion etc. It's a belief system that runs hand in hand with the idea of the "payoff", something I don't subscribe to. That something being that if you suffer through what you find mediocrity eventually there will be some sort of reward in terms of enjoyment as a series hits it's stride....or not. I actually know all about the future of the series believe it or not (it still doesn't sound all that impressive, but I could always be wrong), but to discuss it would be tantamount to spoilers and manga spoilers are not always welcome in anime adaptation threads.
You're acting like reading takes actual physical effort.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-09-28 at 21:07.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 18:12   Link #43
Shadow5YA

There's a reason why Medaka is a Mary Sue and Zenkichi is normal. The series is one big parody of shounen, though it gets really over the top when it becomes a battle manga.

This is a Nisio series. You don't take it as face value. More than likely if it's generic, he's doing it on purpose to make a meta joke. People find his jokes to be clever.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 18:39   Link #44
ZODDGUTS

Anyways going back on topic. If this is Gainax hope it's a better adaptation then how Corpse Princess anime turned out. The manga is good but the anime made it so dull and boring.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-09-28 at 21:06.
Old 2011-09-28, 18:40   Link #45
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Before things start getting out of hand, let's keep the manga spoilers out of the thread (and place any "hints" under properly labeled spoiler tags).
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 19:17   Link #46
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Neat, well hopefully they keep the voice actors from the Vomic, they fit rather well imho
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 20:07   Link #47
Archer

Medaka Box is good in the same manner that that Code Geass R2 is good, in that they're both not good at all, but the sheer insanity pretty much makes them absolutely entertaining.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 20:19   Link #48
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

To be fair, while I haven't read the manga too much, it really strikes me as a very weak premise and beginning. I say this while having loved both Bakemonogatari and Katangatari.

The overly protective attitude of this thread is a bit jarring to say the least.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 20:22   Link #49
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
To be fair, while I haven't read the manga too much, it really strikes me as a very weak premise and beginning. I say this while having loved both Bakemonogatari and Katangatari.

The overly protective attitude of this thread is a bit jarring to say the least.
Overly protective? Lol most people here think it won't sell and it will suck not to see the better part of the manga, yet that is overprotective? Hilarious.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 20:25   Link #50
Asuras
Dictadere~!

The quality of the manga itself doesn't give me much hope that this will turn out particularly well in the category of 'overall series quality'. It's like Transformers, I'll likely watch it for the action.
Old 2011-09-28, 20:43   Link #51
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Hm, taking a look at the vomics, zenkichi's voice is a bit off for me, but everyone else is on the level. I can't seem to find it at the moment, but does anyone have a list of those voice actors?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 21:02   Link #52
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Hey, stop with the personal jabs already!

Several posts will be edited/deleted shortly.
Old 2011-09-28, 21:05   Link #53
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ Wow. So fast.

Anyway, let's get away from showing off 'Superiority' and 'analyzing the taste' kind of useless discussion, right? It's not helping the thread, really. Hope for more discussion about actual animation.

--

Anyway, 2ch people are talking more about JC Staff than Gainax for potential studio. I wonder why.
Old 2011-09-28, 21:10   Link #54
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Anyway, 2ch people are talking more about JC Staff than Gainax for potential studio. I wonder why.
Because apparently they want 12 episodes and an anime-original ending.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 21:17   Link #55
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

Umm, we are not being overprotective. It's just because we all know the first bit of Medaka Box 'TRULY - SUCKED'. That 'getting better later on thing' is not really the best way to summarise this series's transition; it is a 'GENRE SWITCH'. It's turning into completely 'different series'.

It is already common thing for NisiOisiN fans anyway. Zaregoto series, anyone? No-one really protected anything. It's just our usual NisiOisiN, what do you expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Because apparently they want 12 episodes and an anime-original ending.
Medaka Box without Kumagawa Misogi = Nothing!

T_T
Old 2011-09-28, 21:23   Link #56
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Medaka Box is good in the same manner that that Code Geass R2 is good, in that they're both not good at all, but the sheer insanity pretty much makes them absolutely entertaining.
True. The series started to get good once it went into crazy storytelling/characters.
Old 2011-09-29, 01:32   Link #57
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Hm, taking a look at the vomics, zenkichi's voice is a bit off for me, but everyone else is on the level. I can't seem to find it at the moment, but does anyone have a list of those voice actors?
Medaka/Megumi Toyoguchi
Zenkichi/Hiroshi Kamiya
Shiranui/Emiri Katou

Looking @ the Medaka VOMIC website a couple more characters were given voices.

http://vomic.shueisha.co.jp/medakabox/

I'm curious to see whoever they cast for Kumagawa.. even if he only gets the final scene or a JUMP FIESTA or whatever OVA next year.
Old 2011-09-29, 03:09   Link #58
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
True. The series started to get good once it went into crazy storytelling/characters.
Bluntly, the major three features of Medaka Box is psychopath characters + ridiculous abilities and battle + crazy dialog and word play.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-10-01 at 03:32. Reason: Bait related bit removed...
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 22:12   Link #59
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i really like the manga, but i gotta say the manga gets really interesting adter the first couple of arcs, and like almost everyone point out , things gets really good after certain character appears, i really am expecting this anime, the only thing is that i consider gainax dont have a middle ground , its either really good or really bad, so here i am hoping for the best.
Old 2011-10-08, 04:58   Link #60
Westlo
Lets be reality

Looks like the Gainax rumor was false? I mean it's now official that Hiroyuki Imaishi (and others) has left Gainax to start up a new company and he was the name attached to the Gainax rumor. There is a Medaka Box color page coming out with this weeks edition of WSJ (3rd in 6 weeks) so maybe they'll announce the studio/director/cast with that color page.

Tags
action, comedy, shounen