AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - OVA Rating
Perfect 10 12 21.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 21.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 16.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-11, 22:47   Link #61
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Chifuya-nee definitely seemed more "conflicted" in the Novel over the girls going after her little brother. The other teacher realized it was a bit more then "protectiveness" as well, and started poking fun at her.

A shame they mellowed that scene out, it was a lot of fun.
Old 2011-12-12, 02:37   Link #62
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I am all for incest end...

(only in anime)
Old 2011-12-12, 02:57   Link #63
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I am all for incest end...

(only in anime)
Huh? Why "only in anime"....
Old 2011-12-15, 00:54   Link #64
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'm a Chifuyu fan so if I see her at any time, I'm a happy man. And she's the only girl *ahem* WOMAN, other than Maya and Tabane, that I can oogle and not feel like a dirty old man... >.>

...and it's probably just me but I could have sworn that Chifuyu was about to take off her shirt before she remembered that all the girls were there for the day...
Probably just me... yeah... ... -.-;

Last edited by Tempest35; 2011-12-16 at 01:18.
Old 2012-01-03, 09:51   Link #65
genryu_black

well for season 2 i think it will be made after the 8th light novel release.
Old 2012-01-03, 10:39   Link #66
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by genryu_black View Post
well for season 2 i think it will be made after the 8th light novel release.
Then we'd wait a long time.

...Hope it doesn't go like Haruhi.
Old 2012-01-04, 05:06   Link #67
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Then we'd wait a long time.

...Hope it doesn't go like Haruhi.
No way...that's...*thinks happy thoughts*.
Old 2012-01-04, 06:17   Link #68
rakusukira

it is plainly obvious he ends up with Houki...

) just saying.. haha!
Old 2012-01-04, 10:19   Link #69
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
As a strong Charlotte Shipper, Ichika's super dense skull at the end was a wonderful thing for me, and many Houki fans on other sites over exaggerated this episode, glad I saw it for myself. While this episode shows Houki has the edge, this is far from over. If anything, episode 12 pretty much nailed the Houki choice. But this episode completely knocked that nail out
On the contrary, I believe this OVA sealed the coffin shut. I'd like to read about those "other sites" you mentioned, since I don't go around the net much (in fact, this forum has eventually become my only portal to everything anime )

But back to it, no I don't want to do a wall of text, since I'm insanely busy, I'll do my best(sorry Sean Connery!) not to make it wally-texty, but I felt that in a none-blog post, I think I should share that age old method of mine, why I view anime drastically different than others.

I may be very indirect at times, so they may end up as hints instead of explanations
  • Let's take for example, the continuing trend of Ichi acting on what's on Houki's mind before she says something about it, such as going to the shrine festival, or perhaps this is a testament of the closeness of the Orimura - Shinonono friendship, where Chi-chan quips about Houki seeing her aunt, even though she already planned to. Much of what Houki wants, Ichi does, seeing as how this is the guy that remembered her birthday, who remembered her ponytail, remembered about the festival, ja ja ja.
  • Remember back on something here, since when did Ichika go and initiate a compliment out of his own brain? Take for example back in...that beach episode, Shirley asks him about her swimsuit, to which he's responding in duress. Go back to episode 05 when he notices Ran-chan changed her clothes, and responds as stupid is as stupid does. But, go to this OVA, and Ichi out of his own accord compliments Houki about her shrine outfit........
  • One scene I like is obviously when Ran-chan showed up, and the scene with her thoughts about Houki, and Houki's thoughts about her, was a really good look into that empty brain of Ichi's Notice how Ichi talks to girls about other girls, to Ran, he makes note of Houki's roots, and her lifestyle, but to Houki, he describes Ran as a girl who distances herself. This scene is key for a number of reasons; one being he is totally oblivious to a girl's advances (like we needed to know that), and the other..... Let me see if I can phrase this craftily: when someone makes an impression on another, and you remember that person by that, it's a level of friendship that does not sit on the deepest part of ones mind. Sorry, I think I went a little psychological there, but... that's what I thought of most.
  • Ichi was totally smitten by Houki's dance. I think this happened to another fellow recently.....
  • Funnily enough, I wasn't surprised at all at Houki's "world's most loudest confession", as if I didn't see that coming , but more importantly, I saw that scene as a, how do you say, he's somewhat subconscious about her proximity, and he likes it that way. When Houki hugs his arm and presses her boobies against it, he seemed very much willing to keep it up and not with a "Waah boobies on my arm" kind of response

As you can see I'm not particularly using my Houki bias here, but, you gotta admit, I'm merely seeing the episode this way, and while I am very much lacking in the novel department, I think this OVA did a fine job of continuing the Ichi X Houki stuff. Much to my rising anger. I married her damnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Now, if only Ichika could go choke on a pretzel on something... God, that guy is dense as a brick. His obliviousness infuriates me so much. Definitely one of the worst harem lead ever.
Some thing's I was laughing about when I went through this OVA, such as suppose Voice actors are paid for the number of lines they say, so I wanted to do something funny and count how many times he says "huh?" or "eh?", but I didn't get far before I went nuts and said "forget it"

Quote:
It's such a shame the second half was wasted on Houki.
No love for Ran-chan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I did a nice laugh at this scene though

lol, I had the most weirdest face on my head when she was cooking, imagine the face combined with the face, I was like "what purpose does the DRAGOON laser serve...other than to obliterate the food?"

For once.... for once in anime, this isn't about a girl who can't cook, this is about a girl's insane method of cooking inedible food
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
personally, I think Chifuyu should have been more flustered/more emotional during the bar scene.
Hmm... did you want her to get insanely drunk, and then assault Maya-chan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
once again, I can't help but completely agree with Naota-boy (nsfw-ish link). I swear, it's like he can read my mind.
What? WHAT? Say that again?

You think Laura's ponytail was a letdown? You didn't think this series could take her hairstyles farther by leveling up from Normal hair -> Twintails -> insertnextbeststylehere?

She has a ponytail!!!!! SPARTAAAAAAA

*drowns his self in Hard Drive Disk sectors again*
Old 2012-01-04, 11:08   Link #70
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm going to say this again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
...... Heavens, Ichika..... You're a black hole
Yes, he's as dense as the densest thing in existence.
Old 2012-01-04, 11:53   Link #71
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
What? WHAT? Say that again?

You think Laura's ponytail was a letdown?
read carefully:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naota
It’s an ecchi letdown.
and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naota
I know R-15 is a show that is based around someone whose job is to constantly concoct erotic situations, but this is how you should always do an ecchi OVA. Get all the girls naked, get them into sexy situations, focus on the fanservice. Well done, R-15.

that aside, I still have very much enjoyed my Laura-screentime, as well as the OVA in itself. otherwise I wouldn't have given it a 9/10.
Old 2012-01-04, 16:38   Link #72
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

I kid, I kid you and your bolding of "MY Laura" forgettest thou I am the Lauratron as well?

But seriously, we were bombarded with that preview months ago, and surely this OVA was definitely novel based, so wasn't there a fellow out there who scrutinized the scenes used in comparison with the novel? Sure could have warned us

I mean, the girls were cooking at his house....how ecchi can that get? Cecy-chan's super ketchup stew explodes, blanketing the girls in hot stuff, which they immediately decide to all jump in the bath together, giving us 5 times the naked bathing goodness?

Now we know what would have happened had I been the director of this OVA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm going to say this again:

"Ichi is a black hole"

Yes, he's as dense as the densest thing in existence.
According to Stargate science (what, I've never been to a black hole before ), time slows down the closer you get to a black hole....

...*lets that settle for a bit*

It's no wonder why these girls' love life goes nowhere, the closer they try to get to him, the longer it's going to take to actually get somewhere romantically
Old 2012-01-05, 00:49   Link #73
rakusukira

I have also noticed in the anime that Houki doesn't really try to get Ichika's attention ALL THE TIME unlike the other girls..

i don't know if you have noticed this but most harem leads end up with the girl who least fights for his attention
Old 2012-01-05, 01:10   Link #74
NeoChan
Banned

IS first OVA! I really love it. Thumbs up!

The scenes with the girls are all so nice and funny.

I'm glad Houki got the chance to have Ichika all for herself.....

Hmmmm... He's so dense aren't he...
Old 2012-01-14, 08:36   Link #75
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Hisaka Yoko has a singing voice as powerful and heartwarming as ever, love the ending song to death!! Go Mio-Chan!! (Houki in this case)
Old 2012-01-14, 08:38   Link #76
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Hisaka Yoko has a singing voice as powerful and heartwarming as ever, love the ending song to death!! Go Mio-Chan!! (Houki in this case)
Damn straight, I felt like I was listening to Mio for just a second.
Old 2012-08-20, 05:31   Link #77
angel8

Ichka chooses charlotte or houki in any season 2??
Because between all 5 girls charlotte and houki seem to be his favorite 2.
Old 2012-08-20, 09:33   Link #78
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

We don't know, but Houki was the only one he's mildly lusting for in the novel. Besides Chifuyu-nee, that is. If other girl shown fanservice, his monologue only skit between cute, pretty, beautiful etc. and he is more embarrassed than he is entranced.
Old 2012-08-21, 07:02   Link #79
angel8

Eventually houki and charlotte are the only viable 2 girls who are competing for ichka.
Then I'm really loving ichka.
Charlotte seems to try a deeper love of others, and is friendly and seems very pleasure ichka.
The same goes for houki, who is in love with ever since she was a child of ichka.
Old 2012-08-26, 05:36   Link #80
angel8

But the second part of the ova cecilia, charlott, rin and laura where you are???
Why do I only see houky and ichka
??
Closed Thread