AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-07, 16:48   Link #1
hob
Random Stupid Poster.

Send a message via AIM to hob Send a message via MSN to hob Send a message via Yahoo to hob
When?

I'm sorry if there was already a topic like this one, if there is you have to right to call me stupid and flash me the link to it if you want to, also i would like to see it erased byd the mods, if you please, after the url is given, if it is, i used the search button, not very user friendly to me :|
When is naruto happening? I keep seeing "advanced" technology like tv's, voice communicators and etc in the anime, despite that, they seem to be stuck in time, i mean, i have only seen 4 ninja with "not natural" weapons (the demon brothers, zaku and the other sound freak i can't remember de name...). Is it related to their culture to just use kunais and stuff despite being of lesser use?(a bullet could have pierced gaara's armor, right? or do they move faster than that?) I thought that maybe it's that way because they are a hidden village, does that mean they live in the normal world but in a secret place away from normal people's eyes? Thoughts and flames if i'm stupid enough not to find the old ulr (if there is one).
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 16:58   Link #2
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hob
I'm sorry if there was already a topic like this one, if there is you have to right to call me stupid and flash me the link to it if you want to, also i would like to see it erased byd the mods, if you please, after the url is given, if it is, i used the search button, not very user friendly to me :|
When is naruto happening? I keep seeing "advanced" technology like tv's, voice communicators and etc in the anime, despite that, they seem to be stuck in time, i mean, i have only seen 4 ninja with "not natural" weapons (the demon brothers, zaku and the other sound freak i can't remember de name...). Is it related to their culture to just use kunais and stuff despite being of lesser use?(a bullet could have pierced gaara's armor, right? or do they move faster than that?) I thought that maybe it's that way because they are a hidden village, does that mean they live in the normal world but in a secret place away from normal people's eyes? Thoughts and flames if i'm stupid enough not to find the old ulr (if there is one).
well i assume... if you can control sand and make dragons out ofwater and shoot fire at people, the need for guns is meaningless.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 16:58   Link #3
ShikaShika
無罪

Kishimoto explained this (either in the manga or in an interview, don't remember), it basically goes something like this:

The characters in Naruto have all the stuff we had, but with the important exception of weapons. There are no modern weapons.

He didn't mention vehicles, but I'm having a hard time picturing Naruto in a car. Then again there was a motor on that boat in one of the earlier episodes.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 16:59   Link #4
Maxter
Boku wa Great desu! Ehehe

Naruto takes place in a made-up world with made-up places and countries. Therefore, it's meaningsless speculating like this.
It's a whole other world, so it doesn't really matter whetever it takes place year 0 or year 40000.

Sorry, but these kind of threads just isn't working or making any sense. Since it's all made up, it is impossible to tell, and it doesn't really matter.

I hope I didn't sound like some mod-wannabe-little-bitch
Maxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 17:03   Link #5
Neuspeed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxter
Naruto takes place in a made-up world with made-up places and countries. Therefore, it's meaningsless speculating like this.
It's a whole other world, so it doesn't really matter whetever it takes place year 0 or year 40000.

Sorry, but these kind of threads just isn't working or making any sense. Since it's all made up, it is impossible to tell, and it doesn't really matter.

I agree!! how you seen shots of the maps of the landscape?? usually in other anime one can always tell is an island that looks like japan, but here on naruto the maps they show look nothing like we have on earth
Neuspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 17:14   Link #6
ShikaShika
無罪

Still though, the weapons question didn't have to be related to 'when?' and 'where?', and could make for interesting discussion hadn't Kishimoto already explained it.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 17:24   Link #7
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The Naruto world hasn't a particular time, neither particulary on Earth.
It's an alternative universe that's all.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 17:27   Link #8
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Here.

But you're forgiven. At least you said "sorry if this thread was made before". There's a thread that's exactly the same as this one, but it's very old

Well, we made a progress with the "Close This Topic" thread. People now do read the rules (at least I think so).
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 17:36   Link #9
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxter

No, it does matter. Since it's a different world, basically what the thread started is trying to figure out is what tech level the Naruto world is at. I mean, they've got computers and monitors and such...during certain parts of the anime/manga, and yet huts and villages and stuff still in many places they're visiting.

Tazuna's building a bridge, but has no visible modern equipment except for a boat and outboard motor.

Naruto has a refrigerator and yet is sent on a ninja mission to pick weeds. Honestly, these incongruities confuse a lot of people, and they're trying to figure out how to reconcile all of them. They're just trying to figure out what to expect so they're not taken off guard by Rock being in a fight, and then all of a sudden his enemy is a ROBOT!

They get all pissed about the robot, and then everyone else in the forums is saying, "Dude, in episode 27 they were talking about how the Choji's brother is the best robot builder in the Leaf Empire, you should have totally expected robots."

All the person asking this question is trying to figure out what to expect so something doesn't come out and blindisde them like that.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 17:52   Link #10
fotonios

You guys think we might get to see aliens in the future naruto story-line?
fotonios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 17:53   Link #11
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
naruto is not NOT NOT NOT DBZ!!
Old 2004-01-07, 18:29   Link #12
Wintrow

Amen to that!

Perhaps you could enlighten this person of that:

"New jutsu" Thread
Wintrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 19:30   Link #13
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotonios
You guys think we might get to see aliens in the future naruto story-line?
Seriously?

Do you really think even for a fraction of a second (I was gonna end the question there, but decided not to) that this would be anything but extremely, extremely shit?
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 22:30   Link #14
DjDeluxay
マイクスズカゼ、ウェチノ

Send a message via AIM to DjDeluxay
No. Why would we want to see aliens? Is it because they are thought to have magic powers. well what do you call Gaara or Ino? This show is all about techniques and power. Well it might be in japan maybe. They don't really focus or name the country. All we know is villages. And there are villages in Japan correct?
DjDeluxay is offline   Reply With Quote