AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's Your Favorite Utawarerumono Villian?
Nuwangi 3 3.95%
Inkara 2 2.63%
Niwe 15 19.74%
Orikakan 1 1.32%
Suonkas 0 0%
Hauenkua 11 14.47%
Hein 4 5.26%
Dii 40 52.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-09-25, 18:25   Link #1
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
I'm curious to know if we should have a "Utawarerumono's Favorite Villian" poll or not. Probably unnecessary. But the series has had a good amount of opponents to stand in Hakuoro's way - presented in a manner similar to sci-fi shows (the alien of the week!). Voting can be based on looks, charisma, voice, ability to intimidate and provoke the show's protagonist/s, laughter, etc.

Only opponents that appeared in 2 or more episodes are listed here. Recall the following:

- Nuwangi (Eruruu's childhood friend, appears episode 1, 3-7)
- Inkara (fat guy that previously led the country Hakuoro leads now, appears episode 5-7)
- Niwe (Emperor of Shikeripetim, infamous for laughing with a 'K', appears episode 9, 13-16)
- Orikakan (Emperor of Kutcha-Ketcha, almost succeeded in breaking Hakuoro if not for Eruruu, appears episode 11-13)
- Suonkas (Emperor of Na Tunk, does the Romeo routine for Karura, appears episode 18-19)
- Hauenkua (advisor for Kunnekamun, believes in dominating the world with a steel fist, loves to kill, appears episode 20-24)
- Hein (advisor for Kunnekamun, believes in uniting the world through conquest, appears episode 20-24)
- Dii

I didn't include Mutsumi because her intentions are unclear AND she didn't do all that much, Kuuya, Touka, or Benawi because she's too three-dimensional that everyone will pick her, and Mutikapa because s/he's just driven by instinct, no character. This is however a personal opinion.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-09-25 at 18:57.
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 19:49   Link #2
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I think I'll go for Dii. Aside for his cool looking appearance, he can turn into a monster and is always calm and appears to always have "in control" over everything
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 22:42   Link #3
Cardiac Glycoside

Wow, I can't believe someone else voted for Niwe!!

Niwe is the epitome of ASSHOLE, who revels in extravagance and makes himself a gigantic pain in the ass to everyone he deals with. Hauenkua comes close to this, but fails because his character design is just plain stupid.
Old 2006-09-25, 22:42   Link #4
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Well Dii is the uber villian here he use all the guy you list for his on purpose.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 13:46   Link #5
Grey

I'm inclined to vote Hien. I liked his whole "unite the world and end wars" spiel, and the way Hauenkua's comments angered him. I still think it would have been an interesting world if KunneKamun had won--but Dii probably wouldn't have allowed things to go so smoothly.

Still, I have to see the last episodes since my opinion might change. If Kuuya were available I probably would have voted for her (one has to die as a villain to be on the poll? Harsh!).

PS. Mutikapa ftw!
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 18:27   Link #6
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
I have to say Hauenkua is my favorite villian in this series. He's mentally unstable and does a lot of wierd stuff (he likes hugging people). And yet, he manages to hurt Hakuoro where it hurts most - kill the little girl and make it a painful one. If it weren't for Hakuoro's megamamoth powers, he'd be dead like a cockroach under a shoe. But, the same would be true if he went up against Niwe, wouldn't he...

But at least Hauenkua had a more tolerable laugh. He was ruthless, evil, somebody you couldn't convince to go another way. He's the guy I like to hate. Compare that to Dii, where all I'm thinking is, "who are you?" and "what are you doing here?". = P

My order tho:

1. Hauenkua
2. Dii
3. Niwe
4. Orikakan
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 18:31   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Niwe wins thanks to his all mighty laugh that'll always echo through out the universe, KEKEKEKEKEKEKE~

As for Hauenkua.. he was the emo' bad guy there just to hate, damn his laugh was genius. :3

Though, i've gotta admit, Dii is one cool arse bad guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey
Still, I have to see the last episodes since my opinion might change. If Kuuya were available I probably would have voted for her
It doesn't matter by that at all. While Kuuya went on the rampage.. she was never classed as a bad guy, just doing at that time what she thought was right.
Old 2006-09-26, 19:18   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
im stuck between Niwe and Hauenkua...
niwe wins for his KEKEKE ~ *annoying bastard* -.-
and Hauenkua wins for his facial expressions

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 21:02   Link #9
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

I love Hauenka for his changing expression.When he's inside his Avu Kamuu he's acting all big and sadistic,and then when Hakuoro showed him who's the real giant monster in the hood,Hauenka gets all whiny and pathetic,it was awesome.

Also he's the sadistic bastard everyone loves to hate.

Nuwangi was kinda like that too.
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 05:19   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz
Nuwangi was kinda like that too.
He was just a guy we had to hate.
Old 2006-09-28, 07:45   Link #11
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey
I'm inclined to vote Hien. I liked his whole "unite the world and end wars" spiel, and the way Hauenkua's comments angered him.
Yeah, I'm voting Hien too, for being the goodie on the wrong side. Closely followed by Dii in second place.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 15:13   Link #12
LynRee
-

Hauenkua for me. He totally reminds me of Dilandau from Escaflowne, who's one my favourite villains ever. No, seriously, same love for killing, same insane laugh. Even his voice was kinda similar.
LynRee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 15:16   Link #13
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well after thinking for a while i think ill go for niwe...his laugh is too much to not vote for him KEKEKE

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 00:15   Link #14
GundamZZ
残念美人

Group shot

p.s. Don't mind one particular person.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-09-30 at 09:02.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 01:37   Link #15
Cardiac Glycoside

Does anyone else find it weird that Nuwangi has the second longest "lifespan" of any of the villains? And he never dies (that we know of).

Orikakan and Hien are both bad guys who could have been good guys. Unless Orikakan has a secret midget fetish and likes to set random people on fire, I don't see any reason for him to be evil. Hien seems to be the odd-one-out in his family--I guess he got caught up in the zeitgeist and went neocon on everyone.

Why isn't Sasante up there? I give him the award for "Most disgusting sounding line, whether or not quoted in context"--

"You have a nice and young body. It looks like tonight won't be boring."
Old 2006-09-30, 11:08   Link #16
dumbo63

Spoiler:
dumbo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 11:49   Link #17
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
My vote goes to Dii
Just a great Villian. When he was first shown in Episode 14 (or so) i was thinking, that he will be something spezial And he turned out to be the Uber Villian of the Series ^^
He looks awesome. I wonder why he has no Fangirls His Voice is perfect. It fits perfect too this Character. And the Szene with Genimaru gave me Elfen Lied vibes
Old 2006-10-02, 09:29   Link #18
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Send a message via MSN to Eruruu
I vote for Dii being the greatest villian, but Niwe follows close by for what he did as well.

Gotta love his laugh too =]
Eruruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 22:34   Link #19
Pakxenon
popcorn

I hate all of them, but the best display goes to Dii for pulling the strings from behind.
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 02:48   Link #20
Cardiac Glycoside

I had once thought of Hien and Hauenkua as the Rosencrantz and Guildenstern of Utawarerumono, but I couldn't put my finger on why. It then hit me--like R&G, Hien and Hauenkua were used by the "real" leader of the country to keep the "rightful" leader of the country in check.

Of course, there's a large difference between Hamlet and Kuuya. While both are rather indecisive, Hamlet was smart enough to catch on and even got R&G killed. Kuuya.... to put it delicately, was not as smart.