AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-25, 10:23   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Tales of the Abyss - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Abyssians only)

This thread is for the experienced Tales of the Abyss viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the game), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Tales of the Abyss anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a game virgin of Tales of the Abyss, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the Tales of the Abyss - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers) thread).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the game, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a game discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the game then please use the existing Tales of the Abyss Game Discussion thread.
Old 2008-11-25, 11:30   Link #2
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Woohoo, first post.

So as for the story, anyone have thoughts on what they will leave in and what they will take out from the game? Jade's story with the professor is a given but it looks like they will go into the contamination side quest as well. Some part of me want to see an animated Nefilim fight though.
Old 2008-11-25, 11:56   Link #3
yozaku
Always Idle

I just want anime only story
Spoiler for err:
Old 2008-11-25, 12:23   Link #4
vspirit
...huh?

Um...yay! Now that we have a spot to spoil as we please (albeit behind a spoiler tag still)...I dunno what to talk about. =( Hmmm...okay I'll just go at it randomly. *thinks*

Ah! Not really a spoiler but I wanna see them fight in swim suits though it's so unlikely that they'll see the light of day in the game's anime incarnation it's not even funny. Jade fighting in a bathrobe with a deck brush would've been a sight to see anime-ized. It'd probably be weird in the main content but after-episode omake with goodies like this would've been nice. I also really like Luke's Viscount and Berserk outfits, Tear's Cool Lady one and Guy's Bartender one. But I suppose these are things the pure anime watchers will just have to play the game to see for themselves. I hope they do, if they like the anime itself. I hope the anime will leave them wanting more.

Last edited by vspirit; 2008-11-25 at 12:51.
Old 2008-11-25, 13:32   Link #5
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I loved Guy's outfit that you get from doing the subquest with Guy's cousin and the Malkuth General. It goes so well with the Jewel of Gardios. awesome looking sword that one was. They did show it a few times so I wonder if it would be returned to Guy in the anime as well.
Old 2008-11-25, 14:06   Link #6
vspirit
...huh?

^Hm, I can't remember seem to remember which that is. Does it have a beige-colored jacket?
Old 2008-11-25, 14:47   Link #7
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I wonder if 26 episodes will be enough to tell the entire story? With how the pacing is going, it just seems like Sunrise is ready to make this a 2-season series. They could end this season with Luke and the gang fighting their first battle against Van in the Absorption Gate.
Old 2008-11-25, 16:05   Link #8
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
^Hm, I can't remember seem to remember which that is. Does it have a beige-colored jacket?
It is light grayish so yeah that is probably the one you are thinking of. I love having that title on Guy and using the Jewel of Gardios Plus Brilliant Overlord looks awesome and easier to do then Lost Fon Drive.
Old 2008-11-25, 16:34   Link #9
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I wonder if 26 episodes will be enough to tell the entire story? With how the pacing is going, it just seems like Sunrise is ready to make this a 2-season series. They could end this season with Luke and the gang fighting their first battle against Van in the Absorption Gate.
That'll be 2/3 of the game. Unless the second season is gonna be full of fillers, which really goes against the pace of the anime here.

I'm asking for more in-depth Jade backstory, things like creating fomicry to replace a doll, being under Nebilim's tutelage, killing her, attempting to bring her back and seal her away.
Old 2008-11-25, 16:46   Link #10
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Well I am sure Jade's story will definately be told. Fomicry is so connected to the plot that it does not make sense to leave it out, and it was a nice scene between Jade and Luke as well.
Old 2008-11-25, 17:10   Link #11
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Didn't luke already cut his hair? Judging from every other Tales series(that's based on the games) they tried to fit all the material in the spansion of it's run. I mean, if they put ToP in 4 eps and ToS in 8, i could see them fitting the entirety of Abyss in 26.
Old 2008-11-25, 18:10   Link #12
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Well I am sure Jade's story will definately be told. Fomicry is so connected to the plot that it does not make sense to leave it out, and it was a nice scene between Jade and Luke as well.
It seems as though Jade knows quite a lot about Fomicry and Luke's relation to it. However, not much is known about Jade, aside from the fact that he is a former God-General. As to the reasons why he left his original team and joined up with a replica seems questionable. On the other hand, it is actually rather fun to be hanging out and journey with replica Luke's team rather than the boring God-Generals who are too focused on accomplishing their missions. (^-^)
Old 2008-11-25, 19:00   Link #13
Xevious451
Unassuming Local Guy

Send a message via AIM to Xevious451 Send a message via MSN to Xevious451
I severely doubt Nebilim will show up. Of course, they could throw her in somehow and I would be impressed by a power of ten. The way things seemed to be hinted at so far, the "Contamination Effect" side event will definitely make an appearance -- which makes me wonder... Are they going to have that bit hint at the ending to come, like before? Or are we going to get a more clearcut version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
However, not much is known about Jade, aside from the fact that he is a former God-General.
Wait... what? Did I miss something in my four playthroughs? Since when was Jade a God-General?
Old 2008-11-25, 19:44   Link #14
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
It seems as though Jade knows quite a lot about Fomicry and Luke's relation to it. However, not much is known about Jade, aside from the fact that he is a former God-General. As to the reasons why he left his original team and joined up with a replica seems questionable. On the other hand, it is actually rather fun to be hanging out and journey with replica Luke's team rather than the boring God-Generals who are too focused on accomplishing their missions. (^-^)
Jade was never a god general, he is Emperor Peony's best friend, and Jade does not just know alot about Fomicry, Jade invented the theories and technologies used in Fomicry research and the production of replicas. In short Jade's theories and work is what Van is using to farther his plans.
Old 2008-11-26, 05:20   Link #15
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
LOL that'd be a kicker, Jade being a former GG, they should add that in .
Old 2008-11-26, 06:09   Link #16
Peanutbutter

Quote:
You didn't play the game, did you?
Old 2008-11-26, 16:46   Link #17
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Just curious, where did you get that from?

Anyway, I've been suprised at how closely the anime has been following the game so far. This has been one of the better adaptations of an rpg I've seen. As for what they'll leave out, I'm guessing we won't see Tear in the maid outfit though. Not sure what else they'll leave out, maybe the side quest about powering up Mieu's ring?
Old 2008-11-26, 17:51   Link #18
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I predict those little fun side quests like Tear's maid outfit, Tear's kitty outfit, or the trip to Ketterburg's spa to be in a form of DVD extras (maybe in a form of a picture drama or something).
Old 2008-11-26, 18:37   Link #19
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I want Natalia's Star of Malkuth skit. Melons! Oh and the swimsuit skits.
Old 2008-11-26, 20:06   Link #20
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I want Natalia's Star of Malkuth skit. Melons! Oh and the swimsuit skits.
The only one that HAS to be in the Show is the Melons skit. Hopefully there are others two but the Melons skit has to show up.
Closed Thread