AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-22, 07:33   Link #21
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I found the live action Chiaki-senpai...too old. HE looks waaaaaay too old for a 22/3 year old. Nevertheless, the acting was actually quite good. The way he rolls his eyes totally white was really well done. But I think the actress for Nodame was really good, she really captured Nodame in live action perfectly. Anyway, enough talking about the live action.

If the 3rd season is 11-13 episodes, it should end with

[spoiler removed]

Last edited by monir; 2009-11-11 at 22:23.
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 03:53   Link #22
_gallo_

The manga will end in 2010. The last chapter will appear in one of the spring issue of Kiss (to be honest, i don't know which one precisely). That's probably the reason why they decided to postpone the third season from fall to winter, hence manga and anime ending will eventually coincide. From a marketing point of view is not a bad idea, but it's safer to assume the even the third season will suffer from rushed pacing like Paris-hen. I'm not that happy about it.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 05:29   Link #23
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Is there any comfirmation that it's going to be 13/11 episodes? It could be 24 episodes like the first season, the first season aired during Winter. I think they're trying to bunch the ending of the manga, anime and the live action movie for marketing purpose.
Old 2009-07-25, 18:36   Link #24
Bissrok

Yeah, the second season didn't seem to have much music at all. I mean, I could see why the 10 minute Rachmaninoff from the first season might have turned some people off. But, still, the music from the first season was amazing and, as important as the characters are, the music was also a very big part of the show.

I guess it could also have been due to the fact that they had a lot of plot to get through and only had a few episodes to do it.
Bissrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 15:55   Link #25
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
The manga will end in 2010. The last chapter will appear in one of the spring issue of Kiss (to be honest, i don't know which one precisely). That's probably the reason why they decided to postpone the third season from fall to winter, hence manga and anime ending will eventually coincide.
Nodame Cantabile manga to end in October, 2009

Since Nodame 3 is called "final," might we expect it to include whatever ending Ninomiya plans for the manga? Following on gallo's posting above, I, too, wonder if Fuji and J.C. Staff decided to postpone this show to next January because they knew the manga was ending in the fall?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 05:25   Link #26
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I think that is very likely. The live action side is also ending with 2 movies, so all three medium would be ending around the same time. Plus the mangaka is pretty ill lately isn't she? She also has a young child, it's not surprising she's ending it now. Nodame Cantabile was the type of manga that can go on forever or just end it. I'm happy with the length, except I'll miss Chiaki-sempai, the ultimate male tsundere.
Old 2009-09-26, 08:27   Link #27
hatori
Manga Addict

It's a little sad to know that the manga will be ending next month, but like musume_no_hoshi, I'm happy with the length of the manga where it will end. I heard it was ending soon, but didn't expect it to be this soon. At least there will still be the third season of the anime and new movies to satisfy my Nodame manga withdrawal. I LOVE Ueno Juri's portrayal!

[spoiler removed]

Last edited by monir; 2009-11-11 at 22:09.
hatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 11:28   Link #28
strategos

What is with this, that there's is an Ova of sorts? Has it been fansub yet?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 22:15   Link #29
monir
cho~ kakkoii

*hand seal* Thread revival no jutsu. There...

Added picture in the opening post along with few other pertinent info, and changed the thread title to Nodame Cantabile: Finale.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 22:55   Link #30
NaweG
Just some guy

I'm just hoping for an anime original ending. But we'll see how it all gets handled
Old 2009-11-11, 23:00   Link #31
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im excited yet somewhat sad for the finale Im hoping for a good end. Im so going to do a 2 day marathon of from season 1 to the end.
Old 2009-11-11, 23:16   Link #32
Ansalem
Speaker

I cannot wait. It's been too long since hearing Nodame's 'gabouuuuuu!!' and 'mugyaaaa!!'
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 01:56   Link #33
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Wonderful news! I was just thinking the second season needed more episodes. And more music, but that's another matter.
Actually, that was the whole reason i could never get past episode 2 of last season. It's as if they had stolen what was Nodame Cantabile's essence and transformed it into a mundane sitcom.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 02:13   Link #34
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Actually, that was the whole reason i could never get past episode 2 of last season. It's as if they had stolen what was Nodame Cantabile's essence and transformed it into a mundane sitcom.
I felt that there was still plenty of music in Paris. Maybe a little less than the first season, especially at the very beginning, but nothing to the extent of ruining the feel of the show.
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 02:23   Link #35
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Yes i agree with you...
Nodame Cantabile Pari Hen transform into one television drama...

I dont feel any musical touch from s1 from it...
And i dont like it's OP and ED...
Looks like it must be Suemitsu~san that sings the OP...

Hopefully JC Staff do better in this finale...
And yes will be glad to hear gyabooo , mukyaaa again...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 02:34   Link #36
fanty
STARVING ARTIST

I personally don't quite understand why so many people were disappointed by season two. It wasn't exactly the same as season one was, maybe it wasn't even as "good", but it still was a very, VERY good series and there wasn't really much to complain about. The second season was just as great as I expected it to be and I'm very excited for the conclusion of the story (even though this anime is so good, I wish they would keep releasing a new season every few years untill the end of time),
Old 2009-11-12, 03:48   Link #37
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

If you want a rationale behind my disliking, a great part of how much liked the first season of the series was the music behind it adn how the music influenced the characters. As an amateur piano student myself I could share in many cases the experiences the characters went through by playing the different pieces. Mozart's piano sonata for 2 pianos . Beethoven's Pathetique. Rachmaninoff piano concerto no.2. They gave an environment and a feeling to the series that was unlike any other series I have seen up to now. The second episode of the second season, the conductors' contest had many great musical pieces that could have been exploited in this same vein. They forwent ALL, and every single one of them, specially the ones in the finals. I couildn't bear to watch any more personally. I read the manga up to the ending for the story, but I don't see any reason to watch the anime anymore. I may give a chance to the third season if reviews are positive in this respect though.

Last edited by Proto; 2009-11-12 at 03:59.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 04:23   Link #38
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Yeah, part of my disliking mainly because i compare the live action drama with anime...
Live Action Drama exploited the conductor's competition while the anime just conclude it in one episode...

Jean character also not portrayed so well in anime Pari Hen...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 04:49   Link #39
fanty
STARVING ARTIST

Quote:
I read the manga up to the ending for the story, but I don't see any reason to watch the anime anymore. I may give a chance to the third season if reviews are positive in this respect though.
Now that just sounds unfair. In the manga you can't hear the music at all (which is the reason why I stopped reading it, didn't feel like searching for everything on youtube) and it's okay with everyone (well, okay, it's not like stuffing the music into a manga is even possible, but a similar thing can be said about the anime: there were time constraints (only 11 eps to go with) so they couldn't spend half an episode doing nothing but playing music), but when the anime cuts it short it suddenly becomes an irredeemable sin which renders the whole series completely unwatchable. To me it sounds like a little bit of an overreaction.

But anyway, I always was more interested in the interactions between Nodame and Chiaki than anything else, so that may be the reason why I loved the second season almost as much as the first.
Old 2009-11-12, 05:28   Link #40
rg4619

The second season definitely wasn't as balanced or well-executed as the first. However, I think the creative team did a good job making each episode entertaining within severe running time contraints (which were completely out of the studio and team's control. They can't make that ideal adaptation when the sponsor/broadcast specifications are far from ideal to begin with).
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina