AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2013-12-21, 20:55   Link #9821
MCAL

Remember you eventual complainers.... "This is the manga you are reading!"
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 22:37   Link #9822
ices
Working Hard

"This isn't stealth marketing. It's blatant marketing" LOL
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 22:54   Link #9823
madmac

"On shelves now!" (This is literally true.)

Oh Hata. A plot chapter would have been extra frustrating with the back to back double issues, so I don't mind really.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 22:56   Link #9824
GDB

For the second hand, I don't think Hina's logic works. Assuming the game is two of each number is transparent, then:

Miki shows transparent Q9, three unknowns.
Hina had a transparent 9 and discarded a solid 9. Meaning if Miki had a full house, one of the unknowns would have to be a solid 9.
This leaves two unknowns, which would have to be queens. But... nothing in Hina's logic states why one of those queens would have to be transparent. Logically, there are two solid queens still in the deck.

Also, whooo naked Izumi.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 05:16   Link #9825
Kakurin
大佐

Ungh, Hata sure likes to tease us. Throwing a filler chapter, although I won't complain much because of Hina. She sure is ruthless with her competitiveness.
Old 2013-12-22, 08:59   Link #9826
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
For the second hand, I don't think Hina's logic works. Assuming the game is two of each number is transparent, then:

Miki shows transparent Q9, three unknowns.
Hina had a transparent 9 and discarded a solid 9. Meaning if Miki had a full house, one of the unknowns would have to be a solid 9.
This leaves two unknowns, which would have to be queens. But... nothing in Hina's logic states why one of those queens would have to be transparent. Logically, there are two solid queens still in the deck.

Also, whooo naked Izumi.
The only thing I can think of is that Hina already had one of the queens in the first round and they don't reshuffle unless the deck is exhausted.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 12:30   Link #9827
ChampDream
Alive

really like the poker game, hina was showing who the boss is and izumi was obediently stripping.
Old 2013-12-26, 17:02   Link #9828
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Remember you eventual complainers.... "This is the manga you are reading!"
*LOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
"This isn't stealth marketing. It's blatant marketing" LOL
Yeah, I liked that blatant admission. ^_^

I can't say I'm tempted to buy the LE tankoubon just to get a deck of cards, but I keep being tempted by those tasty Christmas pictures in the last LE volume.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 10:52   Link #9829
AstroNerdBoy

Sorry for the double post (not a nonsense bump), but THE NEW CHAPTER IS OUT!!!

Hata-sensei did what I hoped - he went back to the plot and I squealed.

Spoiler for chapter not released officially:

Man, I need to reread the entire manga again. It really is a shame that Viz isn't selling that many of the title.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2014-01-02, 10:53   Link #9830
mitsuganae

Aaaaaand the plot __________ens.

(Fill in as necessary.)
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 11:43   Link #9831
GDB

That first guy, that's the guy who becomes Nagi's manga sensei, isn't it? Arabashi or whatever? Wow, "Santa" really saved his life.

Also, obligatory cute Hina is cute, and cursed Hayate is cursed.

...are we sure Hayate doesn't have Imagine Breaker?
Old 2014-01-02, 12:40   Link #9832
madmac

Quote:
Man, I need to reread the entire manga again. It really is a shame that Viz isn't selling that many of the title.
I'm assuming this takes place before Athena got herself trapped in the Royal Garden somehow. I don't think that was ever really addressed previously, other then oblique references to her parents dying.

I hear you on the Viz thing. I've been collecting them as they come out but they haven't even finished the Mykonos arc yet! The manga will be over before they get through the doujin arc at this rate.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 18:24   Link #9833
ChampDream
Alive

interesting chapter, "santa" sure was busy that day and bad luck Hayate really is unlucky.
Old 2014-01-02, 21:04   Link #9834
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I'm assuming this takes place before Athena got herself trapped in the Royal Garden somehow. I don't think that was ever really addressed previously, other then oblique references to her parents dying.
Interesting. So for some reason, Athena is at the Sanzenin main mansion that is the residence of Mikado. Mikado does his Santa-san thing to get themselves a candidate to enter the Royal Garden. However, how does Ah-tan get up there based on the conditions listed? Maybe her parent's death was the catalyst, but then what was the plan? Why leave her up there alone?

I like your theory, but there are questions no matter how things play out.

Quote:
I hear you on the Viz thing. I've been collecting them as they come out but they haven't even finished the Mykonos arc yet! The manga will be over before they get through the doujin arc at this rate.
I guess not enough people buy it, which frustrates me. However, I have noticed that many people who watch the anime have no interest in reading the manga. *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
interesting chapter, "santa" sure was busy that day and bad luck Hayate really is unlucky.
I like how this is obviously going to tie back to the first volume where Hayate remembers what Santa-san told him ten years earlier. I also like how Hina and Yukiji were shown as were as Sensei.

Old 2014-01-02, 22:36   Link #9835
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
I guess not enough people buy it, which frustrates me. However, I have noticed that many people who watch the anime have no interest in reading the manga. *sigh*
That started it, but they're perpetuating it. I'm going to drop it once I get volume 25 or 26 (whichever the end of the Greece arc is), since I can't stand this 6 months per release crap with no guarantee they won't drop it.
Old 2014-01-03, 00:13   Link #9836
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Interesting. So for some reason, Athena is at the Sanzenin main mansion that is the residence of Mikado. Mikado does his Santa-san thing to get themselves a candidate to enter the Royal Garden. However, how does Ah-tan get up there based on the conditions listed? Maybe her parent's death was the catalyst, but then what was the plan? Why leave her up there alone?

I like your theory, but there are questions no matter how things play out.

I like how this is obviously going to tie back to the first volume where Hayate remembers what Santa-san told him ten years earlier. I also like how Hina and Yukiji were shown as were as Sensei.
Actually I picked up the manga recently and only then realized that it was so much better than the anime (because it had a story) (though I loved the anime for what it was)
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 00:30   Link #9837
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That started it, but they're perpetuating it. I'm going to drop it once I get volume 25 or 26 (whichever the end of the Greece arc is), since I can't stand this 6 months per release crap with no guarantee they won't drop it.
Actually, my understanding is that Viz is stuck with it. The licensing agreement is for the entire manga series with no option to drop it. So to mitigate their losses on the manga, they just release two volumes a year and have done. Unfortunately, as you stated, they are perpetuating the losses.

Seven Seas or Kodansha Comics say they won't license a big series because they'd be stuck with it if it doesn't sell. If a manga publisher in the US starts a title that turns out to be long, that's one thing. But a title like Coppelion, which Crunchyroll picked up, won't ever see a print version because no publisher will take the risk. Plus, with that many volumes out already, new fans would have a massive expense in trying to get current. ^_^;;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Actually I picked up the manga recently and only then realized that it was so much better than the anime (because it had a story) (though I loved the anime for what it was)
And Viz has mostly done a good job with it, though it could use serious translator notes for the parody references, when they happen.

I was fortunate in that I got into the manga early on. I watched the first season of the anime, loved it, but folks kept saying, "the manga is sooo much better" and they were right.

Old 2014-01-03, 02:14   Link #9838
Kon the Magnificent

Teenage Yukiji!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a feeling Yukiji would appear this chapter. I just didn't think we be in the past. Santa you bastard. If you weren't such a failure I would hate you. To think Mikado Santa would help shape the future of sensei.

Yukiji kicked Santa!
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 04:30   Link #9839
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

finally SANTA's identity is revealed...

now, how did A-tan trapped in the palace?? hahaha
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 08:41   Link #9840
Sol Falling

lol, holy crap, a Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei reference. Considering Hata being a former assistant of Kumeta is the whole reason I started reading the manga in the first place, that's totally awesome and pretty bro of Hata. I dunno if my recollection of the manga is that perfect, but this is the first time Hata's made that reference, right?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen