-EPISODE 79-

Spoiler for Part 1:

-----------------
Spoiler for Part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 12:51   Link #2802
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Episode 79 was really good. I just get a little uneasy watching HXH now... I don't really know why but this series have turned much darker than usual; It stresses me out!

The author is playing to our emotion again in this episode, just like they did with the 2 kids. He is showing us a strong bond between the arrow guy and the bee girl (I am not good with names! )... It is only a matter of time before their union comes to a very abrupt and possibly gory end...

Speaking of emotions I was almost sure that the little kid in this episode was going to get eaten or something...

I get it... By engaging our emotions with each episode the producers are developing a stronger sense of immersion, but damn... I hope that this series doesn't air during the kid's time slot.

In any case, I am very sure that this is going to be the best arc in the series yet!

By the way, is there any other series that I is airing right now that is remotely as good as this one?
Old 2013-05-12, 13:26   Link #2803
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The fact that this is considered shounen (well, that H x H is in general to be honest) rather than seinen is proof that demographics are a flexible rather than a rigid classification.
To be honest, even with everything this arc ensues HxH is hardly pushing the boundaries of the shonen classification, that job is suqreenix's , but HxH its indeed the kind of manga shueisha has moved from wsj.
Old 2013-05-12, 14:13   Link #2804
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The fact that this is considered shounen (well, that H x H is in general to be honest) rather than seinen is proof that demographics are a flexible rather than a rigid classification.
The author is flexible. The target demographic of the magazine is probably pretty rigid (it varies depending on the magazine though), but because Togashi is who he is, his editor probably gives him more leeway to work with. Probably all seasoned and successful authors are given more freedom to work outside the magazine's target.
Old 2013-05-12, 15:24   Link #2805
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The author is flexible. The target demographic of the magazine is probably pretty rigid (it varies depending on the magazine though), but because Togashi is who he is, his editor probably gives him more leeway to work with. Probably all seasoned and successful authors are given more freedom to work outside the magazine's target.
you forgot one detail, togashi already shown that if he's pushed too much he can just end his manga in a rush, regardless of its popularity.
Old 2013-05-12, 15:46   Link #2806
ditn

eh i wasnt too impressed with the attacks of Ponzo and Pokkle was just scared of the grunt bugs.
Makes me fear for there lives if they meet the pink koala xd
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 16:12   Link #2807
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
eh i wasnt too impressed with the attacks of Ponzo and Pokkle was just scared of the grunt bugs.
Makes me fear for there lives if they meet the pink koala xd
Pokkle is the guy, Ponzu is the girl.

I guess... I am the only one with any real attachment to these two characters?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 16:13   Link #2808
ditn

right my mistake.
Its not that i dont like them i fear that they will be eaten how the plot is going.
Those arrows could be a bit more powerfull than how it is shown here.
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 17:39   Link #2809
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
right my mistake.
Its not that i dont like them i fear that they will be eaten how the plot is going.
Those arrows could be a bit more powerfull than how it is shown here.
That was only his Red Arrow. Presumably he has different colors since it's called "Rainbow".
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 21:47   Link #2810
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Pokkle is the guy, Ponzu is the girl.

I guess... I am the only one with any real attachment to these two characters?
I'm trying to become unattached since I see nothing good happening to them. I mean they are nice enough characters, and Ponzu has a cute voice. But I just can't see this ending well for them. Pokkle's Nen ability isn't all that impressive and he can barely handle grunts. They come across anything remotely strong and they are dinner.
Old 2013-05-12, 21:57   Link #2811
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm trying to become unattached since I see nothing good happening to them. I mean they are nice enough characters, and Ponzu has a cute voice. But I just can't see this ending well for them. Pokkle's Nen ability isn't all that impressive and he can barely handle grunts. They come across anything remotely strong and they are dinner.
Yeah and that's pretty sad too. Doesn't seem like Ten is that much of a fully reliable defense against them, or least that's the impression I'm getting. Now I wonder what potential these Chimera Ants have on Nen proficiency.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 01:19   Link #2812
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^To be fair we haven't actually seen anyone use Ten yet.
Old 2013-05-13, 22:04   Link #2813
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

^Very true, just Hatsu so far. Perhaps Killua would've been able to avoid injury at the beginning of this arc by using it, but it's not like they're gonna have it on 24/7 anyway.

Still confused on the Emitter and Transmuter category. Pokkle's Red Arrow almost seemed like a Transmutation Nen to me while Razor's 14 devils made me think of Conjuration.
Old 2013-05-13, 23:29   Link #2814
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
^To be fair we haven't actually seen anyone use Ten yet.
You don't "use" Ten like you would a Hatsu

It's a fundamental skill for a Nen fight all practitioners use. It actually has been put into use to establish the Nen system many times already such as Heaven's Arena and Yorknew. Just look at Gon's fights especially Gon vs Hisoka where there's aura around both their bodies the entire time except for Gon's Zetsu at the end to hide in the rubble to sneak in his punch.

Also the second half of Gon vs Genthru implicitly shows Genthru's Ten when he's processing what happened after he blew Gon's hand up when Gon kicks his chin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post

Still confused on the Emitter and Transmuter category. Pokkle's Red Arrow almost seemed like a Transmutation Nen to me while Razor's 14 devils made me think of Conjuration.

Examples
Emitter- Franklin's Machine Gun Hands, Silva's Energy Balls
Transmuation- Hisoka's Bungie Gum, Killua's Lightning

Nen abilities can be more than one category. Genthru's bomb countdown(the one he puts inside people) is a mixture of Conjuration, Transmutation, Manipulation and Emitter

Pokkle's Rainbow would most likely be a mixture of Emission and Transmutation

Last edited by HybridBloodsZak; 2013-05-14 at 00:12.
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 00:28   Link #2815
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Transmutation is about mimicking a property of something into one's aura, while emission is about controlling the aura when being separated from the user's body. I believe Pokkle is using transmutation to give shape of bow and arrow to his aura. The emission ability would be the arrow's effects, I guess...

But I agree that sometimes it's difficult to specify the category of certain nen users for example, Biscuit.she's classified as a transmuter, but her body transformation doesn't look like it's done by using aura to me.

I also think Razor's 14 devils were actually a conjuration ability. The devils are "manifested" after all, not in aura form like transmutation and emitter abilities. A quite similar ability would be Tocino's 11 black children, but his ability is clearly emission since he infused his aura into 11 balloons and controlled them using manipulation ability.
Old 2013-05-14, 01:37   Link #2816
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
You don't "use" Ten like you would a Hatsu

It's a fundamental skill for a Nen fight all practitioners use. It actually has been put into use to establish the Nen system many times already such as Heaven's Arena and Yorknew. Just look at Gon's fights especially Gon vs Hisoka where there's aura around both their bodies the entire time except for Gon's Zetsu at the end to hide in the rubble to sneak in his punch.
I stand by my statement, since no one has actually tried to attack a Nen user directly.
Old 2013-05-14, 05:21   Link #2817
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
I stand by my statement, since no one has actually tried to attack a Nen user directly.
All I was doing in my previous post was clarifying the concept of Ten

You'll see some Ants vs Nen soon enough though don't worry
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 10:17   Link #2818
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Transmutation is about mimicking a property of something into one's aura, while emission is about controlling the aura when being separated from the user's body. I believe Pokkle is using transmutation to give shape of bow and arrow to his aura. The emission ability would be the arrow's effects, I guess...

But I agree that sometimes it's difficult to specify the category of certain nen users for example, Biscuit.she's classified as a transmuter, but her body transformation doesn't look like it's done by using aura to me.

I also think Razor's 14 devils were actually a conjuration ability. The devils are "manifested" after all, not in aura form like transmutation and emitter abilities. A quite similar ability would be Tocino's 11 black children, but his ability is clearly emission since he infused his aura into 11 balloons and controlled them using manipulation ability.
Thanks! Though on Razor's supposedly conjured devils, manipulating them shouldn't be much of a problem since Manipulation is right next to Emission, but shouldn't the quality of the manifested devils be cut down to 40%? Wasn't using a category that's too far from your innate one something a Nen user should avoid?
Old 2013-05-14, 11:35   Link #2819
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^He's just that good.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:05   Link #2820
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Anyone know a good timeline without manga spoilers that follows with this adaption?

Tags
action, shounen