AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-14, 07:02   Link #3281
mirei

translation

For those interested for Frozen Teardrop Chapter 9's translation:

It's loooong so I posted it in my journal rather than pasting it directly in this forum.

Spoiler for links:
mirei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 09:22   Link #3282
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirei View Post

It's loooong so I posted it in my journal rather than pasting it directly in this forum.

Spoiler for links:
What heck?!
Spoiler for heck:
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 09:33   Link #3283
allison13

Quote:

Spoiler for links:
Thanks! ^_^ I just skimmed it quickly, hopefully I'll have time to actually read it later. Were you planning on translating any of the other chapters?
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 11:37   Link #3284
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Thanks a lot for the translations mirei. Pretty entertaining chapter.

Spoiler for Reactions:
Old 2011-07-14, 17:52   Link #3285
Leave The Pieces

Thanks heaps, mirei. (\(^w^)/)
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 22:11   Link #3286
Verona_Price

Sorry if this was already covered but I wanted to throw out my thoughts on Quatre and his sister Quatrine and the whole spare thing. So if this was already figured out...don't tar and feather me lol.

I think that Quatrine is a spare, however raised by Iria to be more like a sister than a spare. And considering Quatre's good nature, none of the Winner family would use another person for organs.

However the fact is why would their father a man so based in treating each human fairly and looking for co-existance between earth and space would make an extra for parts for his son makes no sense.

Then again what in Frozen teardrop makes any sense?
Verona_Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 22:49   Link #3287
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Linearts...for the love of god linearts!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 01:19   Link #3288
Mareike

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Actually, there is a fandom for them. The people who got fed up with how Zechs treated Noin will either pair her with Sally or Quatre. I was pretty surprised when I stumbled upon the latter one day. Read some pretty wacky stuff. Truth to be told though, it made more sense than Quatre and Dorothy. xD

As for Sally and Noin, I don't think anyone would mind that. I sure don't.
Goodness gracious, don't tell me..! Mille and Kathy?
Gotta commend Noin's patience with Zechs. She's a saint. XD Never really liked the idea of Noin being with Quatre. I've always pictured her to just be another big sister to him, and him a younger brother to her. Sally's always seemed to be something close to a sister, too. :3

Anyway. I'm not too keen on Milou/Quatrine... As for Milou and Kathy... Hm.
Hmmmm... Why not?

Then again... Can I just have Milou for myself? /gets shot

Quote:

Spoiler for links:
Thankyouthankyouthankyou! That was some intense battle between Epyon (Ares?) and Epyon White. (I feel sorry for Ares, though, getting beat up and ganged on in the end like that. Hahahaha!)

As for the green arm... Aw c'mon. They can't find paint of similar shade to cover up the new parts??? >_>

I'm also wondering about that object that has supernatural powers. Or was that simply supposed to mean Sally's instinct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verona_Price View Post
Sorry if this was already covered but I wanted to throw out my thoughts on Quatre and his sister Quatrine and the whole spare thing. So if this was already figured out...don't tar and feather me lol.

I think that Quatrine is a spare, however raised by Iria to be more like a sister than a spare. And considering Quatre's good nature, none of the Winner family would use another person for organs.

However the fact is why would their father a man so based in treating each human fairly and looking for co-existance between earth and space would make an extra for parts for his son makes no sense.

You raise a good point. However, I think it's not entirely without sense even with the kind of man Zayeed was. Quatre is the only boy in the family, the only one that Quatrine actually gave birth to before she died of complications, so it's only natural, I guess, for him to want to make sure that Quatre lives a long, healthy life. Hence, the spare.

What I don't get, though, is why the spare is female. :|
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 05:28   Link #3289
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
Actually, there is a fandom for them.
*facepalm* I guess I spoke too soon.

Quote:
The people who got fed up with how Zechs treated Noin will either pair her with Sally or Quatre. I was pretty surprised when I stumbled upon the latter one day. Read some pretty wacky stuff. Truth to be told though, it made more sense than Quatre and Dorothy.
Agreed. Highly unlikely to happen, yes, but personally, I can see it happening sooner than 4xD, too. I've read heaps of 4xD fanfics but for some reason, not one of them could ever convert me into a believer. I've seen other crack ships like 4xC, 3xH and 3xR but even those, I have to admit, I can see happening way sooner than 4xD, as well. I just don't think Dorothy is Quatre's type.

Both 3x4 and 4xD don't make sense to me. Although, in all honesty, if my life depended on it, I'd pick the latter over the former without thinking twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike View Post
Anyway. I'm not too keen on Milou/Quatrine... As for Milou and Kathy... Hm.
Hmmmm... Why not?
OMG ILY, haha. Was just about to say the same! On a purely personal level, I don't like the whole MilouxQuatrine going on. Just... NO. Actually, even PhobosxQuatrine? Yeah, DO NOT WANT. I don't like Quatrine. Woops. Not to bash or anything, but yeah. I'm not a fan of hers, unfortunately.

But! Milou and Kathy?
I sure as heaven wouldn't mind if they happen.

You know, I think I was about 8 or 9 years old when I first learned about Gundam Wing (but it wasn't until I was 12 when I decided to watch it and became a fan). Anyway, back then, when I saw Noin, I thought she was a guy. I even had a crush on 'him' lol. Then some four or three years later, when I finally gave the series a shot, I was like... ouch, that 'he' is a SHE.

And then... and then, there's Milou. Yipee. I think he and Kathy have great chemistry. Not that I supported SallyxNoin (I didn't even know they've been shipped until IkuzeMinna told me), it's just that despite the Generation Xerox-ness, I have to admit, Milou and Kathy are so damn fine. Finer than their mums, even. In my eyes, at least. And, imo, they would make a good-looking couple. ^_^

Quote:
Then again... Can I just have Milou for myself?
Then again, THIS. Lol

Quote:
The spare is female simply because 3x4 needs to happen, minus the yaoi.
Old 2011-07-15, 06:59   Link #3290
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Thanks a ton for the translations, mirei! Gotta agree with Elo, this chapter has been pretty entertaining so far. It might even be my favorite. "Chang Wu Fei: A man and his Gundam" xD
I admit, I'm starting to warm up to Duo Jr. Him and Heero working together was pretty cool. That's one thing that was never truly touched upon in the series; teamwork.
And as usual I busted a gut when I read about the Ride of the Valkyries. Leaning on the fourth wall, aren't we, Sumizawa? Though seriously, Wagner? I could never fight in a battle with that tootling in the background. Nevermind that just imagining Wu Fei in a Mobile Suit with that music playing cracks me up like crazy. "It's part of Operation Mythos." Fighting with funny music is part of Operation Mythos? Whose idea was that?
Next thing you know they start singing Brave Heart or Rhythm Emotion. The orchestral version, mind you. xD

Quote:
However the fact is why would their father a man so based in treating each human fairly and looking for co-existence between earth and space would make an extra for parts for his son makes no sense.
Indeed. Zayeed himself had no spare and we all know it wasn't because of lacking the funds. No, what he had was a son, meaning an heir, something that Quatre ought to have, too. Alas, FT ignores yet again major points of the series...

Quote:
This. If something happens to Quatre's crown jewels no amount of Quatrine is going to help. For a family that has treated only males as heirs, this is pretty stupid.
What makes Quatrine being Quatre's spare even more ridiculous is that Quatre already has 29 older sisters. I'm pretty sure some of them would be willing to help out, should something happen. With 29 siblings, compatibility shouldn't be an issue.

In the end, it's as Leave The Pieces said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave The Pieces View Post
The spare is female simply because 3x4 needs to happen, minus the yaoi.
Does this make sense? No.

Quote:
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 12:48   Link #3291
Kitsoru
:3c

Thanks muchly for the translations!
Quote:
"That's right...though it's not the real Zechs, the methods, even the actions, are Zechs in the past."
Knew it… A Zechs formed from Zechs' past memories, huh?

I guess it's confirmed that Snow White contains ZERO, though that was pretty much a given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
"Come to think of it, I just remembered now that her mother, Sally, had something like a divine object that can sense the supernatural." - I wonder what that could be.
I was wondering this myself. Are they trying to imply SHE has pseudo Newtype powers or something? >___> WTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
"No, Associate Kathy...I was weak." Same ole' Wufei
Haha mte.
"I have no right to pilot Nataku..."
/floats away on boat
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 13:11   Link #3292
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
I was wondering this myself. Are they trying to imply SHE has pseudo Newtype powers or something? >___> WTF.
Well they were going to make Wufei a Newtype in the early production stages of Wing, so they probably decided to do something with the idea.
Old 2011-07-16, 13:12   Link #3293
mirei

part 3

As promise. here's part III, with some notes at the bottom

Spoiler for link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison13 View Post
Were you planning on translating any of the other chapters?
I cannot promise anything, but maybe as long as I get hold of the raws and that chapter interests me

And quite a reaction to Quatrine:

Spoiler for :3:

EW: Glory of the Losers will be next, after I finish a subbing project of another fandom. or may be the next FT chapter if one will come soon
Old 2011-07-16, 22:35   Link #3294
Kitsoru

Thanks a ton, mirei!

Quote:
"I maybe just a mere betrayer to all of you, but please I want you to understand this...we need the Gundams, especially Heero Yuy."
Confirmation that Snow White etc are indeed Gundams?
Quote:
"P.S....give my regards to Dr. Hilde Schbeiker. Please do tell her not to trouble us that much"
She left such unnecessary words.
It's a common knowledge that there's no way I can say anything to Hilde, right?
Welp, Hilde being dead is confirmed for sure now.
Quote:
Her assistant, Lucrezia Noin, brings out a royal copenhagen teacup and cups.
Yay for Noin finally showing up in person!

So, as I had thought, it sounds like it's a matter of Relena being used as a human shield of sorts by the Noinheim Konzern by way of that PPP tech, not necessarily being against them. Poor Heero and Relena.

Tallgeese Heaven sounds badass, but I can't help but feel Zechs jacked Heero's schtick with the wings XD

EDIT: also, I just noticed... Noin brings out a Royal Copenhagen teaset.
http://www.royalcopenhagen.com/
Notice what their logo says... I guess now we know for sure where Sanc is located. Which makes the Peacecraft family the future Danish royal family?

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-07-17 at 00:29.
Old 2011-07-17, 02:38   Link #3295
Leave The Pieces

Guys.

Help. I'm confused.

Who said this? Relena or Noin?
Quote:
"Please be at rest...we have tea prepared here"

Her assistant, Lucrezia Noin, brings out a royal copenhagen teacup and cups.

At that moment, Relena looked sadly at the main monitor where a battle is unfolding, but immediately averted her gaze and swing her head to the side as if in anguish.
And...

Quote:
"The Federation president doesn't have the authority as much as you may think. And, there are only few people who are in favor of peace"

"Hee...then, you mean you purposely went to the enemy camp to have an afternoon tea? Brave, as ever."
Is this Father Maxwell speaking?

~

Quote:
Relena took a sip of her tea, and smiled nostalgically.

"You, too. I'm glad you haven't changed."

That superior beauty and nobility that keep everything off are the same as in the past.
If so, who is he talking and referring to here? Relena?

Cuz on the following... it's Noin speaking, right? RIGHT?!:

Quote:
"Regarding Naina, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, Father Maxwell."

She aged more or less at first glance, but the beauty she has is unchanged.

Those sorrowful eyes and alluring lips of Lucrezia Noin are the same as before.

"It might be late to say this now...what business do you have in this base?"

I do not resent them, but hostile words come out no matter what.
Is he talking and referring to Relena here, or Noin or both?

Was Relena the one who said "I'm glad you haven't changed."?
But it was Noin who thanked him for taking care of Naina?

Oh well, it's not like it's the first time I got confused about who's saying what to who.

EDIT: Thank you, mirei.

Last edited by Leave The Pieces; 2011-07-17 at 02:41. Reason: LTP, where are your manners oy!
Old 2011-07-17, 02:49   Link #3296
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave The Pieces View Post
Guys.

Help. I'm confused.
(snip)
Apparently, FT has this problem in a lot of places (not specifying who is saying what) so it's difficult to say at times especially since we (the English readers) don't have speaking styles/Japanese specific pronouns to go on... so hopefully Mirei can clear this up, but MY guesses are:

1. Noin
2. Duo
3. Relena in quotes, to Duo, and then Duo talking about about Relena in prose
4. Noin, since Duo goes on to describe her after the quote
Old 2011-07-17, 10:22   Link #3297
Mareike

Thumbs up

A bunch of comments compiled in one post... (Please excuse the length. ;A

First of all:

Quote:
As promise. here's part III, with some notes at the bottom

Spoiler for link:

I cannot promise anything, but maybe as long as I get hold of the raws and that chapter interests me
Thank you sooooo much, mirei! This last part made the chapter even better! I might be stretching my luck here, but next chapter seems to be pretty interesting, so... *wink, wink*

Seriously, though. Great job there! Thank you!

My thoughts on the chapter, in summary:
1. FINALLYYY! Noin! *dances around*Duo had quite an interesting description of her lips. Haha. :3 I wish they'd have an illustration of her in the next chapter. *crosses fingers* EDIT: I just wonder if she still has the same hairstyle as before. I hope not. Milou already has her haircut. >_>
2. Her and Relena bringing tea to the enemy camp is quite amusing.
3. LOL at the real-life references. First, Wagner's Flight of the Valkyries, and then the Royal Copenhagen teaset. Nice touch, Sumizawa. (I am somehow reminded of Murakami - not because of the writing style, but because of the references.)
4. Quatrine... Is it just me or did anyone else think that she came off quite rude with her mention of Hilde?
5. Regarding Hilde - I actually thought that Quatrine asking Duo to relay a message to her meant she's still alive, but Duo's thoughts confirmed otherwise. :| Boo.
6. TALLGEESE HEAVEN! And real!Zechs' flashy entrance was made even flashier by ridding 250 suits in one go.
7. Relena and Heero. I bet these two already have an inside joke about the whole "Kill me/I will kill you" thing they've been at for years. *le sigh* The poor things. C'mon world/Mars give them a break! ;A;
8. Duo the Desperado. So EMO.

And that's about all I could process right now. I'm still giddy over Noin finally appearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verona Price
OMG ILY, haha. Was just about to say the same! On a purely personal level, I don't like the whole MilouxQuatrine going on. Just... NO. Actually, even PhobosxQuatrine? Yeah, DO NOT WANT. I don't like Quatrine. Woops. Not to bash or anything, but yeah. I'm not a fan of hers, unfortunately.

But! Milou and Kathy?
I sure as heaven wouldn't mind if they happen.

You know, I think I was about 8 or 9 years old when I first learned about Gundam Wing (but it wasn't until I was 12 when I decided to watch it and became a fan). Anyway, back then, when I saw Noin, I thought she was a guy. I even had a crush on 'him' lol. Then some four or three years later, when I finally gave the series a shot, I was like... ouch, that 'he' is a SHE.

And then... and then, there's Milou. Yipee. I think he and Kathy have great chemistry. Not that I supported SallyxNoin (I didn't even know they've been shipped until IkuzeMinna told me), it's just that despite the Generation Xerox-ness, I have to admit, Milou and Kathy are so damn fine. Finer than their mums, even. In my eyes, at least. And, imo, they would make a good-looking couple. ^_^
Hahaha! I was about 11 or 12 when I first saw GW, and I loved Noin from the get-go. As a little girl, I really admired her. I still do - even more so than before. :3 I don't even think I'd learn to love Zechs as much as I do if it weren't for her. (My first crush, though... was Treize. Thought Zechs was a weirdo, mask and all. XD)

Anyway, I agree; Kathy's really pretty. (Prettier than Sally, even. IMO, at least.) Though I've yet to see the same amount of spunk (and bad sense of humor) Sally had in her. *snickers* But she is her mother's daughter after all. And with Milou taking a good deal after Noin... The pair has a good chance of working out since their parents had good chemistry (not in the romantic sense). So aside from both of them being good-looking, their personalities might jive well, too.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 11:42   Link #3298
mirei

The whole chapter is from Father Maxwell's point of view.

Actually, reading the Japanese novel, it's easy to get who talks because of their speech patterns/manner of speaking. But, anyway, it's difficult to express that in translation. (e.g. "Ore/Boku/Watakushi/Watashi" all mean "I" in Japanese.)

But anyway,

Who said what (based from the flow of conversation w/ their respective manner of speaking in Japanese):

1. "Please be at rest...we have tea prepared here" = Relena

2. "Heh...then, you mean you purposely went to the enemy camp to have an afternoon tea? Brave, as ever." = Father Maxwell. (It cannot be Kathy since she doesn't really know Relena that long, right? ^^)

3. "You, too. I'm glad you haven't changed." - Relena

4. "Regarding Naina, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, Father Maxwell." - Noin (she has to speak more or less, lol. But seriously, I do think it's her. Naina is her daughter after all, and like what was mentioned, Duo described her after she talked)

5. She aged more or less at first glance, but the beauty she has is unchanged.
Those sorrowful eyes and alluring lips of Lucrezia Noin are the same as before.
= referring to Noin alone. Apparently, Relena didn't seem to age. (also, it made me wonder why did he describe Noin's lips/mouth as alluring/charming/captivating. Duo is very particular in describing physical characteristics, )

Quote:
2. Her and Relena bringing tea to the enemy camp is quite amusing.
Mte. Kathy and Duo were so tensed when Relena and Noin came, and the latters were like 'calm down and let's have some tea.' xD

I haven't read the previous chapters that actually hint/tell whether Hilde is alive or not. I read some assumptions, but I guess I can't agree unless I read it myself. The direct wordy translation of the line can be "It should be a common knowledge that there's no way my present self can say anything to Hilde, right?" It can mean that he can't since Hilde is no longer alive or he can't face her. It made me wonder why Quatrine would mention Hilde to Duo, lol. I somehow thought she's actually teasing him, thus, the 'post-script'

The appearance of Tallgeese Heaven made me more confused. Who sides with who? It destroyed the remaining Mars suits and will most probably fight Epyon on the next chapter. Relena seems fine being treated as an 'enemy' and Noin has no reaction whatsoever when Relena asked Heero to kill her.

Hope we get another person's POV in the next chapters. Or rather, this novel be told in a third person's POV, lol. I want Relena or Heero or Noin telling a chapter in their POVs

Last edited by mirei; 2011-07-17 at 12:24.
Old 2011-07-17, 14:04   Link #3299
Aldaeus

Wait... My brain just broke... Did Duo just describe Noin's lips as "Alluring!?!?" I think I know why Hilde got a little ticked off and snapped his arm and demanded a divorce ... Sleeping around with Zechs's wife, for shame Duo... Thou ought not covet thy neighbors wife...

Not sure on Hilde still... The way things are going and the way things sound, i'd say she's in hiding somewhere...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 15:52   Link #3300
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
Wait... My brain just broke... Did Duo just describe Noin's lips as "Alluring!?!?" I think I know why Hilde got a little ticked off and snapped his arm and demanded a divorce ... Sleeping around with Zechs's wife, for shame Duo... Thou ought not covet thy neighbors wife...
Truth to be told, Hilde and Noin look a lot alike, so I'm not that surprised that Duo is digging her. Then again, he's digging everyone. What was that with Relena's smile being lethal to him?

As for Quatrine mentioning Hilde, I think it's a jibe at Duo because 'it's common knowledge' that Hilde doesn't want him anywhere close to her, let alone talk to him.
If Hilde were dead, Duo wouldn't need to specify himself not being able to talk to her.
So yeah, I think Quatrine is just being a snotty little miss. I may be mistaken but I get the impression she's generally brazen. So unlike Quatre...
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing