AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-29, 13:48   Link #1341
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisko View Post
Also, Quatro told Otto to keep her gender a secret and dressing like a boy helps her to do that.
And then Jail blows it by saying they're all pregnant.

Though I wonder... I got the impression that Mariel thought that Vivio was Nanoha and Fate's biological child when she first found out, so...

Actually, wait, let's not go down that road.
Old 2009-05-30, 06:49   Link #1342
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

I don't really have time to re-watch A's right now, so I'm going to ask it directly here : what do we know about Hayate family?
I'm not asking about the Wolkies obviously, but her biological family, her parents in particular... Was it stated somewhere who the were? If they died and how... Anything will do since I realized I don't know a single thing about her from before A's .
Old 2009-05-30, 13:43   Link #1343
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't remember what was said, but I think it was mentioned in either episode 6 or episode 10. Those are the two episodes that deal with Hayate's past; 6 being about the Book starting up, and 10 being Graham's reasoning about Hayate and the Book.
Old 2009-05-30, 14:34   Link #1344
Tormenk

Hmm. We know nothing about Hayate's parents as they are. No names and how they died.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2009-05-30, 15:37   Link #1345
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Hmm. We know nothing about Hayate's parents as they are. No names and how they died.
Is it said somewhere that they died? That she was an orphan? And what was Graham's explanation for choosing her over any other child to "take care" of the Book?
(I know, I should seriously rewatch this serie...)
Old 2009-05-30, 15:50   Link #1346
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Is it said somewhere that they died? That she was an orphan? And what was Graham's explanation for choosing her over any other child to "take care" of the Book?
Uh, if I remember correctly, the Book chooses the master. Graham was just lucky enough to have found it again before it could go haywire.
Old 2009-05-30, 18:25   Link #1347
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
IIRC the Book of Darkness was the one that killed Hayate's parents. Also, Graham didn't choose Hayate as the Book's master - he watched over her precisely because she was the Book's new owner in the first place. Had the Book chosen another person, Graham would do pretty much the same thing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-05-30, 22:53   Link #1348
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

Its very stupid how Graham choose to fill the book not knowing it would make the situation even more worst.
If he is the watcher for the book then he must have known previous masters and known what caused their deaths.
If so wouldn't he be stupid in repeating everything.
Book has a master-----Fill the book-----Tragic things happen-----master dies.
Old 2009-05-30, 23:35   Link #1349
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoamy View Post
Its very stupid how Graham choose to fill the book not knowing it would make the situation even more worst.
If he is the watcher for the book then he must have known previous masters and known what caused their deaths.
If so wouldn't he be stupid in repeating everything.
Book has a master-----Fill the book-----Tragic things happen-----master dies.
You didn't pay attention to the show, did you?

Graham wanted the Book filled up so that when it finally goes out of control, he could use the Durandal device and freeze it, halting its rampage and preventing the cycle from occurring. And Chrono called him out on just how many holes were in such a plan.

Nanoha and company simply found a better plan.
Old 2009-05-31, 00:18   Link #1350
Tormenk

Quote:
Hayate herself said that her parents had died so she was aware of both. Whether she remembered how herself or Graham told her is left up in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
IIRC the Book of Darkness was the one that killed Hayate's parents.
That's new. Did this come from the A's soundstage?

Old 2009-05-31, 01:04   Link #1351
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Hence the "IIRC"... I kinda remember something like that being mentioned in A's... but then again, been a while since I've seen A's (and since lost my copy ;-; )

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-05-31, 01:17   Link #1352
Tormenk

Ah I see. The only other source I remember crediting the death of Hayate's parents to the Book was from fandom so I couldn't help but wonder..

*coughNightyficcough*

Old 2009-05-31, 01:23   Link #1353
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hence the "IIRC"... I kinda remember something like that being mentioned in A's... but then again, been a while since I've seen A's (and since lost my copy ;-; )
I remember seeing something about it said in A's too, but I haven't had to the time to pick through 13 episodes to find it. Pretty sure its either on 6 or 10, though...
Old 2009-05-31, 02:10   Link #1354
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Ah I see. The only other source I remember crediting the death of Hayate's parents to the Book was from fandom so I couldn't help but wonder..

*coughNightyficcough*
I think so too; Hayate's parent dying by the book was mostly fanon interpretation in old OC... Canon left it vague, but the guess is not random.
Old 2009-05-31, 02:46   Link #1355
Once and Current Subber

There's no indication in A's of how Hayate's parents were killed. Even if it was the Book, that wasn't SOP for it; when Graham found Hayate, he was comforted (a little) by the fact that she didn't have any family left, and took it as a sign that it was okay to go through with his plan (i.e. it would have bugged him more if he was separating her from family, which implies that he didn't EXPECT her to be an orphan.)

But it ain't vaguely hinted at; it's just not talked about at all.

I don't know that, strictly speaking, Nanoha/Fate/Hayate's plan was "better". It was a gamble, to be sure. On the other hand, there's every indication that Lindy was sitting there with her finger on the trigger of the Arc, so worst case scenario would probably have been "loss of team fighting Book", which would have sucked, but wasn't too much to risk compared to "killed millions of people by firing superweapon close to Japanese coast".

Don't over-estimate Graham's knowledge of the Book. He knows enough to know that the Book goes berserk when it gets full; but he also knows that it's totally pointless to try to do anything about the Book before it gets full. Like the koala, it eats, shoots, and leaves. ;p But he doesn't know exactly how it works, and specifically there wasn't any reason to think that you could disable the "defense program" portion merely by inflicting hellacious amounts of damage on it. Sure, Chrono poked a lot of holes in Graham's plan, but compared to "well, let it destroy the world"...

(Of course, it's a little further to go "hm, take out TSAB personnel so that we can get to that point".)
Old 2009-05-31, 02:52   Link #1356
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Thank you guys for those replies. So... it still not clear what happen to her parents it seems (how they died), right? I will check A's, the SS and the manga when I will have some time, just to make sure I didn't overlook (ot forgot) the answer.
Because that bother me to have so little information about one of the three most important character of the show >_>.
Old 2009-06-02, 10:06   Link #1357
Serous

So, I read somewhere that Nanoha's power dropped due to her actions in the Cradle but could be recovered if she rested. So, is that true?
Old 2009-06-02, 10:18   Link #1358
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Her power did indeed drop, I think was by 8%? I have yet to hear she actually recovered this though. I think the verdict was more like 'you lost this much, now rest unless you want to lose more'.
Old 2009-06-02, 10:47   Link #1359
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Her power did indeed drop, I think was by 8%? I have yet to hear she actually recovered this though. I think the verdict was more like 'you lost this much, now rest unless you want to lose more'.
No, the 8% loss was permanent. She lost more than that during the Cradle battle. But no amount of rest would get her back at StS full power anymore.

I think it was in SS04.
Old 2009-06-02, 11:13   Link #1360
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
No, the 8% loss was permanent. She lost more than that during the Cradle battle. But no amount of rest would get her back at StS full power anymore.

I think it was in SS04.
Actually, it was more like "it is possible you could recover if you rest, but we just don't know". At the very least, Nanoha didn't believe she could recover, and didn't seem to care if she could lose even more (as it was also said not resting will make her lose more).
Closed Thread