AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-01-19, 17:11   Link #941
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
That's completly different because if a Tomogora did eat people just to live then why would they be on earth, they would have led normal lives if they stayed in guze, and by eating humans then they just make themselves immortal, a human eats because the person's hungry, and they need it to live, but it doesn't extend the maximum amount of time they could live, or anything like that.
They could have other reasons for coming to Earth. Perhaps the Guze is resource-depleted or conditions there became terrible that some Tomogara are forced to migrate. Or perhaps some Tomogara are hunting down other Tomogara for score-settling reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Haruhist View Post
about that training, it was pretty easy for Yugi to defeat tht rinne, it appeared to be even easier for him that for Shana in episode 1.that rinne was as powerful as the first one or was just a weak imitation?
Probably a bit of a weak imitation. Yuji's got a lot of power but his discipline to use it isn't as up to par yet. Shana probably could suggest that he take up a particular fighting style to augment his combat skills.
DX HBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 04:16   Link #942
bisuketto
Tasty Pastry

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Let's see...

Spoiler for Bell of Condolence (Toten Glocke):

Well, something like this. Off to sleep...
I have an interesting question.

Spoiler for Heir survival:
bisuketto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 11:16   Link #943
Iggy_Pop

On which volume does Yuji transform into Sairei no Hebi?
There's one thing that still bugs me, who is Shana? What is her motivation to become a Flame Haze and what's her true name?
Also, can anybody give me more information about Shana's ex-boyfriend?
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 05:54   Link #944
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
On which volume does Yuji transform into Sairei no Hebi?
There's one thing that still bugs me, who is Shana? What is her motivation to become a Flame Haze and what's her true name?
Also, can anybody give me more information about Shana's ex-boyfriend?
Not sure what volume your first question occurs on.

As far as I'm aware in regards to who Shana was before becoming a Flame Haze, I don't believe it's been revealed yet. Furthermore, I don't believe her motivation for becoming one has been specified, but I'm pretty sure that she didn't have any reason in particular aside from being raised to become one.

Finally, to address your last question, I believe that boy was not Shana's boyfriend at any point, but rather Hirai's boyfriend before she got torched. Remember, that in the novels, Hirai was never mentioned much, nor was there ever this business about her liking Ike. That was anime only.
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 09:14   Link #945
Iggy_Pop

Thx for the info. Anyone got a picture of Sairei no Hebi?
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 11:34   Link #946
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukki View Post

Finally, to address your last question, I believe that boy was not Shana's boyfriend at any point, but rather Hirai's boyfriend before she got torched. Remember, that in the novels, Hirai was never mentioned much, nor was there ever this business about her liking Ike. That was anime only.
You got it slightly incorrect. Let me quote minhtam2448's answer. It was the time of Shana's early days as a flame haze before she met Yuji. It could also be possible that the existence of the girl that Shana usurped had a boyfriend back then, so Shana was stuck with the boy. So, it is impossible that the girl is Hirai Yukari. Perhaps, those who had read novel Vol. 0 can provide the name of the girl.
Old 2008-01-23, 11:39   Link #947
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
You got it slightly incorrect. Let me quote minhtam2448's answer. It was the time of Shana's early days as a flame haze before she met Yuji. It could also be possible that the existence of the girl that Shana usurped had a boyfriend back then, so Shana was stuck with the boy. So, it is impossible that the girl is Hirai Yukari. Perhaps, those who had read novel Vol. 0 can provide the name of the girl.
girl (torch) - oogami junko
guy - hamaguchi yukio

this happened just before shana arrives at misaki.
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 17:10   Link #948
edgewalker00
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

as expected from cnnydz-sama XD

also, if i remember correctly, hirai is aiming for ike but since she was torched, her existence became meaningless to him.

Spoiler for speaking of which:
edgewalker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 19:07   Link #949
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgewalker00 View Post
as expected from cnnydz-sama XD

also, if i remember correctly, hirai is aiming for ike but since she was torched, her existence became meaningless to him.

Spoiler for speaking of which:
It's never said If I remember correctly
Old 2008-01-23, 21:17   Link #950
Dark Wing

I just finished reading this entire thread and I must say thank you to all the people who posted these spoiler for I have been greatly spoiled indeed.

Well given what I've read so fare I know this much...

Shana 0: Takes place in Shana's earlier days as a Flame Haze and had no chose but to pretend to be some guys girlfriend while she hunted some bad guys.

Shana S: Appears to be a type of Episodic Narrative which is a collection of short stories on different characters in the series.

Shana 1 - 9: Had been covered in Shana season 1 with a few changes for the sake of time and maintaining their budget.

Shana 10 - ?: Will be animated for season 2 and whatever else after that maybe left over for a season 3 if they get that a fare.

Also Novel 16 Hit me hard...

Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-23, 22:33   Link #951
edgewalker00
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I just finished reading this entire thread and I must say thank you to all the people who posted these spoiler for I have been greatly spoiled indeed.

Well given what I've read so fare I know this much...

Shana 0: Takes place in Shana's earlier days as a Flame Haze and had no chose but to pretend to be some guys girlfriend while she hunted some bad guys.

Shana S: Appears to be a type of Episodic Narrative which is a collection of short stories on different characters in the series.

Shana 1 - 9: Had been covered in Shana season 1 with a few changes for the sake of time and maintaining their budget.

Shana 10 - ?: Will be animated for season 2 and whatever else after that maybe left over for a season 3 if they get that a fare.

Also Novel 16 Hit me hard...

Spoiler:
i heard that there's 17 and 18

Spoiler:

Spoiler for about ike:
edgewalker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 22:55   Link #952
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler for about ike:
For the novels there's 16 Novels in the main story, and novel 0, and s. So that's 18 in total, but only 16 of them have to do with the current SnS plot.

I don't know much about the whole ike torch thing though I know that he did burn up after Kazumi turned him down.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 00:42   Link #953
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler for about ike:
I told you it's never said how Ike becomes a torch.
Old 2008-01-24, 00:53   Link #954
alvinkhorfire

Quote:

Spoiler for about ike:
I have read somewhere in this forum that different torches have different burnout rate. Some disappears quickly while some like Ike burn out quite slowly. And, we can always count on cnnydz to provide explanation on this matter.
Old 2008-01-24, 01:16   Link #955
Dark Wing

Quote:

Spoiler for about ike:
Someone mentioned this before I believe but I guess I need to repeat it. The only reason he lasted as long as he did was because of his love for Kazumi. After she turned him down he lost the will to go on and burned out.

As for why Shana and Yuji didn't notice I don't know...
Old 2008-01-24, 01:22   Link #956
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
I don't think Shana even had a true name to begin with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Wilhelmina found her as a baby and raised her to become a Flame Haze without ever naming her at all. If Shana did have a true name, her records would have been lost.

As for her motivation to become a Flame Haze, I guess you can say that she wanted to be like her mother... erm... mother figure. Kind of like how your dad is a star basketball player and you want to be just like him.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 01:41   Link #957
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I don't think Shana even had a true name to begin with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Wilhelmina found her as a baby and raised her to become a Flame Haze without ever naming her at all. If Shana did have a true name, her records would have been lost.

As for her motivation to become a Flame Haze, I guess you can say that she wanted to be like her mother... erm... mother figure. Kind of like how your dad is a star basketball player and you want to be just like him.
That mother figure is Wilhemina, you mean? Or does the novel have something about Shana's real mother?

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 02:00   Link #958
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
That mother figure is Wilhemina, you mean? Or does the novel have something about Shana's real mother?
Ummm...remember the flashback in season one that showed a red haired women was supposedly Alasters old partner before Shana came along...Well read the thread and you'll see what I mean. However I'm not 100% but I think the novels hints at a connection between her and Shana.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2008-01-24 at 02:28.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 03:23   Link #959
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Yes, the mother figure being Wilhelmina. As far as I can remember, there is nothing in the novel about any true family connections to Shana.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 03:39   Link #960
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Yes, the mother figure being Wilhelmina. As far as I can remember, there is nothing in the novel about any true family connections to Shana.
Okay thanks. So Shana's inspiration in becoming Flame Haze comes from the influence of Wilhelmina. Since the first season mentioned something about Shana being different from a typical Flame Haze (i.e. not a Flame Haze that hates Tomogara) I always thought there were more to the story than that.

Too bad there's no mentioning of Shana's family, I'm interested to know if there's one, since her unknown origin kinda make you think Shana isn't ordinary (not in a bad sense =P)

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen