AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-14, 11:41   Link #21
redgrnbluylw

You know, I'd have to say that this animation is very fluid and high quality! I'm glad that SHAFT took some time off to properly pull this off. Maybe Arakawa 2 will have something similar?
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 12:02   Link #22
ZODDGUTS

Unless Shaft hired more animators I give it 6 or 7 eps before it goes to crap and shaft giving us the usual "DVD/Blu Ray version will have fixed animation" comment.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 12:25   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, I seriously doubt they'll be able to maintain that quality, especially since they'll have two series running at the same time next season (I'm afraid one of them will get the shaft (hurr)). In any case, I was very impressed by the animation in this PV.

Hotori seems pretty hyper, she's not really the kind of character I'd expect Omigawa Chiaki to play. This should be very interesting.
Old 2010-08-14, 12:43   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, I seriously doubt they'll be able to maintain that quality, especially since they'll have two series running at the same time next season (I'm afraid one of them will get the shaft (hurr)).
It's understandable why one would worry going by some of the problems we seen while Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Bakemonogatari were airing in the same season, though it was nothing major to worry about. I have faith that SHAFT will be able to keep on delivering with the level we've seen in that SoreMachi PV.
Old 2010-08-14, 12:45   Link #25
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Unless Shaft hired more animators I give it 6 or 7 eps before it goes to crap and shaft giving us the usual "DVD/Blu Ray version will have fixed animation" comment.
Don't be silly, more like 2 episodes!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 14:07   Link #26
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Don't be silly, more like 2 episodes!
Episode 2 is already done before TBS Festa 2010; given they have roughly two months before it airs, I'd bet for 4 episodes.

Last edited by sirn; 2010-08-14 at 14:19.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 14:14   Link #27
redgrnbluylw

I just rewatched the pv, and I noticed that there are no shots of the characters' eyes. Hopefully Shinbou is finally done with all of that.
Old 2010-08-14, 20:55   Link #28
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
I just rewatched the pv, and I noticed that there are no shots of the characters' eyes. Hopefully Shinbou is finally done with all of that.
Yes there were two to three shots of eyes, one of which was an extreme close up. You'll never ever see the end of eye shots as long as his name is Shinbou Akiyuki . I just wish they would not recycle the same eye shot like they did in Arakawa with Kou's blinking eye completely re-used regardless of what the scene was, complete with the same damn lens flare even when there's not much light...
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 07:34   Link #29
Pachael
原作通り

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
No, arakawa 2 is also coming out in october.
Thought they'd try to stagger this out this time...
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 09:35   Link #30
kyouray
2D > 3D

Proper PV : http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/soremachi/special/pv.html
Old 2010-08-17, 12:11   Link #31
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Not sure how I feel about this.
Is this some Natsu no Arashi! without Natsu no Arashi! and animation quality Natsu no Arashi! never had? I guess TBS pays a lot more than TV Tokyo and Starchild? I am a sad panda.

Though, it will probably also just adapt several N first chapters from the manga and will call it a show. And Shiraishi Ryoko, does she really voice that guy here?

Agrh, I don't even want to think about this show, even though it looks good!
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 14:16   Link #32
Yurielvtars
:::

Sad thing that Arashi will probably never be continued. Personally I never had any problem with the animation. The people at Shaft always have the talent to produce great shows without much financial support.

Soredemo looks a lot more detailed in animation though.
The show should be okay. They did a good job at Arashi and this looks similar too, probably no serious themes.

And what's with the foot fetish in the pv?
If no close-up eye shots, then do some feet close-ups?
Old 2010-08-19, 01:04   Link #33
solomon

I read a few chapters of the manga, modest yet entertaining stuff.

Basically Seinfield dicking around just for the hell of it type humor with a tiny pinch of absurdity. Cute without being saccharine too.

Great stuff for Shinbo and his boys, put it on my list.

HOLY CRAP, just noticed Sakurai's gonna be voicing ol' lady Uki.............talk about expanding range. (thought they'd get Kujira or something)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 00:25   Link #34
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

I have very high hopes in this series. I loved manga, and I can see how SHAFT will do great job with it.

But, Chiaki for Ayashiyama? Miscasting much?
Old 2010-08-28, 00:55   Link #35
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I have very high hopes in this series. I loved manga, and I can see how SHAFT will do great job with it. But, Chiaki for Arashiyama? Miscasting much?
I have high hopes, too. But I think Omigawa Chiaki may be perfect: a fresh and clumsy voice for a fresh and clumsy character. I'm getting over my lack of enthusiasm for her as I listen to her as judo girl in Seitokai Yakuindomo.

However, I'm here for Shinbou and Yuuki Aoi. I look forward to seeing what Yuuki can do with this tsukkomi character: maybe a variation on Korone?

I never got Natsu no Arashi. Just left me bored. Same with Arakawa Bridge, really. Bakemonogatari was a masterpiece for me, however, and Vampire Bund excellent. For my taste, those were his best things since Cossette.

I really enjoyed the bits of the Soremachi manga I read. I think Shinbou has something to work with here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 01:06   Link #36
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ It's probably because Chiaki is a woman with one voice. I just can't imagine Ayashiyama having Soul Eater Maka-baka voice.

But yeah, Yuuki Aoi is way more talented. She knows how to actually 'act' with voice.
Old 2010-08-28, 04:45   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
^ It's probably because Chiaki is a woman with one voice. I just can't imagine Ayashiyama having Soul Eater Maka-baka voice.
She can use at least two vastly different voices. The "Maka" voice she uses for most of her roles, and her high-pictched (super moe) voice that she used in Hidamari hoshimittsu. Not sure which one would fit Arashiyama the best since I don't know much about this character, I bet she's going to use the Maka voice anyways.
Old 2010-08-31, 23:30   Link #38
Midonin
Last Engage

The ED, in typical Shaft style, will be sung by the show's main female cast. A rather eccentric group of singers - the group consists of Chiaki Omigawa, Aoi Yuki, Rieka Yazawa and Shaft regular Ryoko Shiraishi.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 16:55   Link #39
redgrnbluylw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The ED, in typical Shaft style, will be sung by the show's main female cast. A rather eccentric group of singers - the group consists of Chiaki Omigawa, Aoi Yuki, Rieka Yazawa and Shaft regular Ryoko Shiraishi.
Rieka Yazawa? Never heard of her before, in any Shaft shows at least...
Old 2010-09-08, 13:22   Link #40
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I originally wasn't going to watch this but the trailer reminds me of Kannagi a bit (in terms of the antics). My greatest relief is that SHAFT is doing this series, so I'm expecting some good laughs and creative camera angles. Of course, that also means my greatest concern is that SHAFT is doing this series.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen