AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: what do you think of gundam seed Destiny so far?
good 105 70.47%
bad 44 29.53%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-10-11, 07:46   Link #1
Rizzler
Banned

Gundam Seed Destiny

so, it's finally out. what do you all think of it so far?

Last edited by Rizzler; 2004-10-11 at 09:58.
Rizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 07:58   Link #2
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
There is already a Destiny discussion thread in Fansubs, and the poll options are very limited; From a scale of "bad" to "good" I would rank it inbetween since it doesn't have anything special going for it yet.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 08:06   Link #3
brightman
Ancient Member

Exactly, all it did was discuss some politics and the new characters barely got one line each... I'd wait until the characters are more freshed out before doing a poll like this.
Old 2004-10-11, 10:33   Link #4
Shards Of Nasril

umm pardon me for my insolence... but is kira yamato in the first episode? To me the first episode is a little too mixed up with all the introduction of super duper new characters... and the kid with the cellphone... is he piloting the plane/gundam with the dual sabers?
Shards Of Nasril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 11:08   Link #5
Adonai
Onime no Adonai

hmm all i can say is :it will be nice continuation,new character has cool name and i can see form his reactions is not so sissy as kira was at the starrt...thats realy pormising
Adonai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 12:32   Link #6
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Yes, I also noticed that. But for the first episode this was real cool, if it keep at this rate it this wil be better than Gundam Seed and even Wing
It's now my number one best anime series for this year so far !!!!
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 13:36   Link #7
Adonai
Onime no Adonai

Heh I think bleach will be preaty awsome but I cant realy say becouse of my missed hunch for tenjou (i was thinking that tenjou tenge will rulez)but man ending of tenjou tenge SUCKS and make it realy shitty anime!!!!!
Adonai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 13:37   Link #8
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel
Yes, I also noticed that. But for the first episode this was real cool, if it keep at this rate it this wil be better than Gundam Seed and even Wing
It's now my number one best anime series for this year so far !!!!
agreed~

its great seeing that yzak got promoted and pilot the slash zaku phantom...wonder why diakka got demoted? (elite to regular soldier)

and the ending song REASON is WOW

i m pretty sure the yellow hair guy (ray i think) gets lunamaria, shin with stellar (somehow), and athrun stays with cagalli while kira stays with lacus (NO MORE LACUS and SHIN RUMORS!!)

btw its very easy to get shin mixed up with kira...but i m pretty sure the guy who appear in the commerical break with lacus IS KIRA

and i m pretty sure Freedom will be back....VERY VERY happy about that!
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 14:55   Link #9
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
in my opinion it's good compared to the first one... it took them to like episode 3 to start some good battles.... now it's episode 1 and theres some awsome fights... can't wait until next episode...
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 15:38   Link #10
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

I love it. If the rest of the series is like episode 1, then I found my new anime of the year.
Old 2004-10-11, 15:56   Link #11
EnergyRift

Did anyone else notice some similarities between Seed and Destiny? It has distinct differences, but some similarities, >.>; like the base attack to steal the gundams again.. but this time.. his home was introduced beforehand.. being destroyed, but the whole, "Do you really wanna start a war again?" And charging, was a nice distinct characteristic he has. But damn.. the second I heard.. Leg flying out, I was like.. shit.. this is a power ranger's thing isn't it.. And they combined.. that was just.. very sad to me =/ because, I like the independent machines, not one.. that combines.. to form one machine.. So wrong.. so wrong..
EnergyRift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 16:18   Link #12
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0
agreed~

its great seeing that yzak got promoted and pilot the slash zaku phantom...wonder why diakka got demoted? (elite to regular soldier)
Well, you know, I think betraying ZAFT and going over to the Archangel *might* be frowned upon.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 17:17   Link #13
fantD
³²¹¿Ğeath[§]

Send a message via AIM to fantD
hrmm. after the first episode, i sorta got a hint that the main antagonistic is going to be one of those avenger characters again. Not that nothing is wrong with that, considering that the gundam series(s) of the past have good plot twists. I'm looking forward to watching the rest!
fantD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 20:38   Link #14
Silver_Scorcher

Far too early to be doing a poll like this. It's only the first episode. But I will say that compared to the first episode of SEED, even though they look very similar to one another, that Destiny episode 1 is much better than SEED episode 1. Once the show is a quarter through its run, we should get a much better idea of what Destiny's impact will be.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 21:45   Link #15
CalamitiesEnd

Stella has said four words. The rest of the trios have bearly enough words to make a slogan so how can we start judging?
CalamitiesEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 00:15   Link #16
neovu79

Gundam Seed Destiny ROCKS!!!

The picture of Shin, Athrun and Kira right after the main title in the opening is looks awesome. Kira was my favorite character in SEED1 though I doubt we will see a lot of him in Destiny. I like Lucas's new dress and gown. Kira looks older now while Athrun and Cagalli look a bit younger in Destiny than in SEED1.

I'm still hoping that Kira will realize that Murrue Ramious is the girl for him instead of Lucas but... it probably won't happen. Ah well, Lucas was a better choice for Kira than Fllay.

I see that Justice and Freedom are in the opening credits and they do battle with Impulse. But I remeberJustice and Freedom being destroyed. Hopefully TPTB will make up a BELIEVABLE way of "justifying" their return [pun intended].
neovu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 06:15   Link #17
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
Quote:
Originally Posted by neovu79

I see that Justice and Freedom are in the opening credits and they do battle with Impulse. But I remeberJustice and Freedom being destroyed. Hopefully TPTB will make up a BELIEVABLE way of "justifying" their return [pun intended].
Well, I don't see how Justice could return, it blew up. But as for Freedom, it only lost it's head, and maybe it's arm, am I right? Most of the damage in his fight with the Providence went to the Meteor, which was pretty much annihilated.

Anyways, like everyone else, I think it's too early to make a decision on whether it'll be good or bad. Some of the main characters haven't said a single word yet, so there's really no way we can tell whether or not it's going to be good.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 06:30   Link #18
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

It's really hard to tell how much damage the Freedom sustained at the end of SEED1, it seems Kira got blown out of the cockpit by the explosion of GENESIS... that means the Freedom should be pretty much completely destroyed. But it seems Kira is totally fine and there's no single scratch on his suit... so maybe Freedom didn't got damaged much but just some auto-eject got triggered to eject Kira out... Still to eject a pilot with nothing but his pilot suit is a bit ridiculous... I guess those guys just didn't finish building the proper auto-eject mechanism for Freedom back then
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 06:36   Link #19
BasTos

Send a message via MSN to BasTos
If the other episodes are gonna be like the first one, then this anime will be on my Top 3 Best Anime List
BasTos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 07:25   Link #20
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
It's really hard to tell how much damage the Freedom sustained at the end of SEED1, it seems Kira got blown out of the cockpit by the explosion of GENESIS... that means the Freedom should be pretty much completely destroyed. But it seems Kira is totally fine and there's no single scratch on his suit... so maybe Freedom didn't got damaged much but just some auto-eject got triggered to eject Kira out... Still to eject a pilot with nothing but his pilot suit is a bit ridiculous... I guess those guys just didn't finish building the proper auto-eject mechanism for Freedom back then
If he got blown out of his cockpit he would have been flying at constant speed somewhere very quickly (the wonders of space)... But he didn't... So he probably just fell out of the cockpit on purpose or something... If you notice he's not very far away from Freedom's remnants.

Anyway, Eternal being still intact I think they could managed to fix Freedom with the spare parts they had.