AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-03, 00:20   Link #41
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Spoiler for maze solved:

The trick is simple, really.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 00:32   Link #42
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yep, I really liked this episode, and the char designs are quite nice to look at, as it's not so shoujo/moe-ish. Plus, Nonoka's tomboyish personality is a good complement and companion to Kaito's character.

The only thing I see that I'm definitely not going to like is the artifact that gives him super-calculation ability =0\. Usually, crap like that is just an excuse to be able to use "shounen protagonist willpower" to overcome some adversity; rather than using his natural calculation and deduction skills.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 00:45   Link #43
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ But let's face it, having an overly intelligent protag has its downsides too, especially in a format like Phi Brain. You show how he solves those puzzles and it becomes too boring if not done well; on the fripside (lol), you skip it entirely and you got yourself a protag that works on Deus Ex Machina fuel.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-10-03, 00:55   Link #44
EroKing

Episode 1

No Kaito, no man will ever solve the puzzle called women
Old 2011-10-03, 01:09   Link #45
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ But let's face it, having an overly intelligent protag has its downsides too, especially in a format like Phi Brain. You show how he solves those puzzles and it becomes too boring if not done well; on the fripside (lol), you skip it entirely and you got yourself a protag that works on Deus Ex Machina fuel.
I don't mind at all if the protagonist is brilliant/over-intelligent, but it would be nice if the show would choose some sort of logic or visual puzzle that can have an even footing with the watcher. I just felt it flashed random mazes and soduko puzzles and said "Ohoho look how smart I am for solving everything in 5 seconds! Oh look, an artifact to make me even more superior to the watcher! I shall now pull this rope because of vague insight!"
Old 2011-10-03, 01:59   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not a bad first episode though. Glad that Nonoha is pretty handy herself. Even though they were speeding along she didn't lose their position on the map. Pretty good observational skills as well spotting the different corner and helping to solve things. If there can be some good cooperation in figuring things out (even with the super solving power that our protagonist has picked up) it should be a good series.
Old 2011-10-03, 02:05   Link #47
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for Kaito just gave us THIS before the puzzle starts:
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 02:11   Link #48
Sides

This series got my attention. First episode was alright, until the last scene when the main character said he solved the puzzle and me, what puzzle? I really hope that when he activates his girly armreif each time, that the puzzles are not automatically solved. I mean I didn't even had a decent look at the puzzle, unlike the one on the NDS.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 11:33   Link #49
Echoes

Episode one.

This was something completely different. I'm not enjoying the character designs that much, and they introduced way too many plot points in the first episode, but this could become a solid series. Puzzle-solving is stimulating and interesting, I just hope his ability doesn't become a deux ex machina for every challenging puzzle.
Old 2011-10-03, 12:00   Link #50
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Lol, so after stone, now it's puzzle ? What's next ?

Afine first episode but I'm not really fond of the theme...
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 13:18   Link #51
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't care about puzzles, but this was still an enjoyable show. None of the characters were non-entities. And the girl and the guy treated each other like reasonable human beings.

An extremely professional cast, starring Asanuma Shintarou and Shimizu Kaori. She seems to be someone with a lot of credibility among seiyuu, but this is her first major role in I don't know how long. He made a special name for himself by coordinating info during the earthquake last March. Ishida Akira. Fujiwara Keiji. Kishio Daisuke. Koyasu Takehito. And Yukino Satsuki, Fukuyama Jun, Saitou Chiwa and Miyano Mamoru to come.

Very strange to see Satou Junichi (ARIA, Ikoku Meiro no Croisee, Tamayura) directing such a different kind of show. And the writer of the anime is Sekijima Mayori, who did both MoonPhase and Pandora Hearts.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 14:02   Link #52
ookamigirl

Kaito, the genius puzzle solver is actually pretty cool looking & not the usual glasses nerd type. Refreshing for a change.
The real maze & Kaito's newly gained ability were pretty interesting.
This was fun & interesting to watch!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 14:25   Link #53
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 1

No Kaito, no man will ever solve the puzzle called women
It's actually pretty easy.

1) Say "I love you" when she asks you (for the 98082098th time) "what are you thinking?" Unless Seinfeld is her favorite show ever, then there is a small chance she may be that rare person who actually wants to hear whatever dark, random thought may be flitting through your head at that exact moment.
2) Paste a smile on your face when she asks you to go shopping, to art fairs, museums, wine-tastings, pedicures, etc. Relationships are give and take, and this is the giving part. I shouldn't have to tell you what the taking parts are.
3) Surprise her by taking her out for dinner/lunch etc. But not too often. This is called playing the expectations game, and is a key to a long-lasting relationship. More than once a week is setting expectations too high, and less than once a month is usually setting them too low.
4) Pretend not to notice when she eventually drops her guard around you and accidentally lets one rip.
5) Don't make her buy the condoms.
6) Be nice to her pets, even if you think cats would be better utilized as a form of protein for developing countries.
7) Always publicly take her side.
8) Don't rub it in her face when she's wrong about something.
9) Every once in a while, put your foot down over something, even if it's something you don't particularly care about. Women, regardless of what they may say, do appreciate some cavemen obstinacy. In small doses.
10) Cook for her. Microwave meals don't count as cooking. But, remember what I said about the expectations game.

And, no, I don't know what this has to do with Phi Brain. But, I'm bored at work.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 15:41   Link #54
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for maze solved:

So thats why Kaito was fixated on that certain point. He probably had a large hint about the axe symbol love
Old 2011-10-03, 17:09   Link #55
kitten320

Oh, I love puzzles and having all show about them is a win in my back!

Not a bad episode but I expect something harder in the future!
Old 2011-10-03, 23:11   Link #56
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, at least the girl is of some use. I was afraid this will go the shounen route in where the girl is relegated to moral support, or even worse, the damsel-in-distress. Which the preview paints Nonoha... I so hope I'm wrong lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 05:48   Link #57
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for Do you know what's this puzzle called during the next episode preview?:

Quote:
Spoiler for maze solved:

Wow, I guess I missed the point though in the later part...
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 06:04   Link #58
kitten320

Just did the sudoku from the show, main character was right, it is an easy one.
Old 2011-10-04, 07:53   Link #59
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What's the task for the car puzzle? Can cars be rotated in the puzzle? If not, is there a certain car that needs to be pulled into the exit on top?

Old 2011-10-04, 08:29   Link #60
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
What's the task for the car puzzle? Can cars be rotated in the puzzle? If not, is there a certain car that needs to be pulled into the exit on top?
Well if a car has to pull to the exit first, I vote for the white car that's parked vertical behind the dark green car that's parked horizontal near the exit followed by the dark green car.