AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-12, 12:38   Link #1
Uglymug187

Smile Boys Be

Hey i just got done watching the thirteen episodes of boys be and i was wondering is that all thats out for that series because it ends rather abruptly if it does
Uglymug187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 13:01   Link #2
7thMethuselah

it follows the love life of a few friends throughout the different seasons of a yea. After the last episode the year is over and the series ends BUT make sure you watch everything of the last episode, after the episode ends watch the endtitles because those reveal what'll happen next and in a way complete the circle
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 14:58   Link #3
Neoxbomb

Send a message via AIM to Neoxbomb Send a message via MSN to Neoxbomb Send a message via Yahoo to Neoxbomb
I actually had this series along time ago and i loved it. so awhile back i had looked into more and i had read somewhere that there was a 2nd series (i dont know if it was manga or anime though) but it wasnt as good and it was a whole new cast of characters.

i know this porbably doesnt help but HIYA
Neoxbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 05:00   Link #4
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
After the anime there is only the Manga and thats it :P nothing more, zero, nada..
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 21:11   Link #5
Devin

Smile Boys Be

That was a great anime series that involved romance. In my opinion, much better than Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Sometimes, the comedy is naturally funny but the anime still has drama involved in it. I think it's a very underrated anime, has anyone else seen it?
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 01:01   Link #6
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I saw it, and I enjoyed it as well (more than KgNE). I didn't really like the ending, but the first 3/4 or so of the series was very enjoyable. I liked the intro too "Daijoubu". And I thought the humor was mixed in very well with the romance. Hmm can't remember much more about it, its been a while
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 10:22   Link #7
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

I had my reservations after watching the beginning of Boys Be..., but I am glad I stuck it out to the end without passing judgment too quickly. This series is about that uncomfortable stage of life known as adolescence, and while its not His and Her Circumstances, it does a fine job... The plot in Boys Be, full of twists and turns, is undeniably the show’s strongest points. Yes, Boys Be is somewhat a mix of both, but it turns out much better than expected. I quite enjoyed this anime, but it's a little too short with only 13 episodes. The main characters while of distinctive personalities, don't have enough time to develop. Shoujo anime and cliched romantic scenarios are rarely apart, so expect some of those but there are funny moments to balance them out. Like the episode about Yumi and Makoto, for instance. There are also nicely done poignant moments between the very different Chiharu and Kyoichi that made me sigh.
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 17:20   Link #8
7thMethuselah

Yes I also tought this wa a great series. Especially the story is it's strong point. The animation was a little less but that improved further on in the series. The one thing that bothered me is that they never really worked out the characters introduced. It was a little too much setting up a certain situation and resolving it, but because many hings happened to different characters we never really saw much progress. I also think that it should 've had more episodes. The greatest part about Boys Be is its realism.
Old 2004-04-21, 17:51   Link #9
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Boys be. I'm fed up with this one
We have 3 sets of Boys Be DVD's (Odex and some other)
and also it has been telecast on cable for the past 2 years.
And have the mangas too.
hmmm...because my little sister loves this show thats why we have so many.

For me, the best moments was when Megumi Hayashibara appeared (a guest VA)

btw, Kyoichi is weird...this kind of person...does it still exists?
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 03:28   Link #10
Devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I saw it, and I enjoyed it as well (more than KgNE). I didn't really like the ending, but the first 3/4 or so of the series was very enjoyable. I liked the intro too "Daijoubu". And I thought the humor was mixed in very well with the romance. Hmm can't remember much more about it, its been a while
I have to agree that the ending was quite unfullfilling... They should have made more episodes.
Spoiler:
And episode 7's character faces (especially chiharu's) were done badly, it was as if some different, mediocre artists decided to draw the characters.

But, i really really loved the opening theme song from episode 13. Does anyone know the name of that song and if it's included in the anime's soundtrack?
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 03:55   Link #11
roguenoir
Rogue Member

The music was great.. I really liked it in the beginning.. then it got kinda repetitive and the ending was a little disappointing.. I'd still recommend just watching it once..
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 12:17   Link #12
Phych

The other Chiharu (last episode) is freekin HOT
Phych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 12:33   Link #13
7thMethuselah

yeah one would consider moving to hokkaido for a girl like that

sigh if only anime was the real world ...
Old 2004-04-22, 18:33   Link #14
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phych
The other Chiharu (last episode) is freekin HOT
Yeah. Voice by Megumi Hayashibara.
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 20:10   Link #15
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
Shoujo anime and cliched romantic scenarios are rarely apart...
Same goes for shounen/seinen romances, and this happens to be one of those. That's why this series isn't quite Kare Kano. The manga this was based on is a story collection, which is why the anime jumps around.

It would be nice to see another manga-based shounen romance anime. The game-based stories are good but they can come off a little strange - it can be hard to tell what is supposed to happen. Fans of whatever game always complain about the adaptation, too, which makes discussing those series kind of a drag.

On the other hand, manga like Ichigo 100% or Pastel are very contrived and obsess over nudity and embarrassing situations, so maybe it's just as well...
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 05:25   Link #16
Spooky-Electric

Just finished watching this series and I thought it was great. It really could have used some more episodes though.

Man, I wish I could live in a world where I could bump into hot, blonde, motorcycle-riding chicks and then spend the night at their house over a weekend and go swimming in our underwear... Er, sorry, where was I?

But seriously Kyoichi was bumping into hot chicks left and right. Lucky bastard.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 16:06   Link #17
kazusa
Helping Translator

Send a message via AIM to kazusa Send a message via MSN to kazusa
Man, I felt so sorry for him because Chiharu cheated on him and said nothing! No apology. *sigh*
Well, I thought the other Chiharu was really hot but erh... she seemed too mature for Kyoichi XP
kazusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 16:13   Link #18
Spooky-Electric

Well technically she never really "cheated" on him. I don't think they were going out or anything, but they did care for each other and have feelings toward one another.

But yeah that sucked how she just blew him off after that like it was him who did something wrong.
Old 2004-06-23, 19:19   Link #19
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Well technically she never really "cheated" on him. I don't think they were going out or anything, but they did care for each other and have feelings toward one another.

But yeah that sucked how she just blew him off after that like it was him who did something wrong.
Watched it quite a while ago so I can't exactly remember the details although I remember she "cheated" on him in some way or another. Did she sleep with the guy?

Will any kind soul recap the main story arc between Kyoichi and Chiharu for me?
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 22:09   Link #20
Spooky-Electric

She fell in love, or at least thinks she did, and kissed some college guy right in front of Kyoichi who came for a surprise visit. It was never established that Kyoichi and Chiharu were dating. They were just close, but not dating. They had awkward moments where they asked each other if they liked anyone and stuff, but they never kissed or anything that would make you believe they were officially a "couple". Obviously Kyoichi loved her though, and she cared for him too.

Last edited by Spooky-Electric; 2004-06-23 at 22:26.