AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 52 40.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 31.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.55%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-12, 09:36   Link #461
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Another good episode.

I really liked Ozma and Ranka's flashback scene with the pineapple pie.
It was touching yet funny.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-11-12 at 10:40.
Old 2008-11-12, 10:26   Link #462
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Another good epsiode.

I really liked Ozma and Ranka's flashback scene with the pineapple pie.
It was touching yet funny.
The reason behind the pineapple cake is because of Macross original series. Only that Roy died and Ozma survived. Just a small side info why it is a pineapple cake
Old 2008-11-12, 10:47   Link #463
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I remember something like Roy playing his guitar before he died, because he didn't get medication for his wounds.
It's almost the same thing as what happened to Ozma on this episode, I'm really glad they didn't reuse Roy's death scene 100% though because it would be too sad for Ranka if Ozma died.

Completely forgot about the pineapple reference though, thank you for the reminder.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-11-12 at 11:30.
Old 2009-09-27, 19:19   Link #464
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Wow, the series kept dancing over the slippery rope of bad drama and cliche during the whole episode. They sure like living over the edge, huh? :heh.

The pieces are starting to gather for the final climax, though we still need a few side stories to be closed before we can depart into the final plot journey. I'm just glad that the series took a much needed episode to develop its side characters.
Old 2009-09-27, 19:24   Link #465
justavisitor

at this rate, you will finish the series in 4 hours

I only watched this series once, maybe I will rewatch it in the future to see whether my feeling for this series will change

and don't look at my avatar, huge spoiler in my avatar
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-09-27, 19:33   Link #466
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Wow, the series kept dancing over the slippery rope of bad drama and cliche during the whole episode. They sure like living over the edge, huh? :heh.

The pieces are starting to gather for the final climax, though we still need a few side stories to be closed before we can depart into the final plot journey. I'm just glad that the series took a much needed episode to develop its side characters.
This episode was mainly used as a homage and to troll viewers of the older series (Pineapple Salad anyone?) Which is the main reason it has this type of feel to it but I enjoyed this episode because

Spoiler for Ozma:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
at this rate, you will finish the series in 4 hours

I only watched this series once, maybe I will rewatch it in the future to see whether my feeling for this series will change

and don't look at my avatar, huge spoiler in my avatar
You know, you shouldn't say something contains a spoiler when it doesn't show much in the first place.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-09-27, 19:48   Link #467
justavisitor

lol, you are right Dex-kun....oops

anyway, since I have said it, just ignore my avatar for now...just don't take a deep second look at it and you will be fine XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Closed Thread