AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2024-02-19, 09:58   Link #4421
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I'm retro. I never tried Chrono Trigger so I'm giving it a try.
Old 2024-02-19, 21:46   Link #4422
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I'm retro. I never tried Chrono Trigger so I'm giving it a try.
Never finished Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross. The latter is on my list of possible next games after I finish SO2R, though low on the list right now.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-21, 10:51   Link #4423
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Are the two Chrono games related?
Old 2024-02-21, 21:45   Link #4424
JagdPanther

Quote:
Are the two Chrono games related?
Yes; they're set in the same world/universe.

Cross is sort of a sequel to Trigger. It's... complicated.

Old 2024-02-28, 00:48   Link #4425
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Black Desert Online gives me insane luck whenever I return to the game after several months away. I logged in to check out the new content, cashed in all the freebies and immediately tapped a PEN Blackstar. Now I feel like I have to continue. I bet this is some kind of hidden mechanic in the game.
Damn, I envy you. PEN BS is next on my list to obtain through freebie clicks. I would trade my mythical peggy for a pen BS in a heart beat. Honestly, if I ever hit a pen awakening BS (awakening sage main here) I would consider getting back into BDO, at least halfway through. Right now, the only thing of worth to my account is my infinite HP pot (which I bought from selling accessories I clicked with freebies), my mythical peggy (which has no silver or even combat value, so is it even worth anything? lol), and my pen disto. Not really much overall

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-26, 13:14   Link #4426
Twi

Ender Magnolia is out now. It's the sequel to Ender Lilies.
Old 2024-04-21, 19:45   Link #4427
JagdPanther

After finally polishing off the last DLC stuff I wanted to do in Rise of the Tomb Raider, I am moving onto my next game...

I caved and decided to skip Rise of the Ronin (for now), and I have moved onto the PSN version of the original Final Fantasy VII.

Part of me wants to just blitz through it as fast as I can to rectify never having beaten it as a kid, but a larger part of me wants to take it slowly. I'm particularly unsure how I want to handle the Gold Saucer date. Aerith is my favorite character, but I feel like getting the Tifa date may be a better course of action. I didn't realize just how many choices impact that affection level; this is way, WAY more complicated that even getting endings in Star Ocean games.

Old 2024-04-22, 07:45   Link #4428
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
After finally polishing off the last DLC stuff I wanted to do in Rise of the Tomb Raider, I am moving onto my next game...

I caved and decided to skip Rise of the Ronin (for now), and I have moved onto the PSN version of the original Final Fantasy VII.

Part of me wants to just blitz through it as fast as I can to rectify never having beaten it as a kid, but a larger part of me wants to take it slowly. I'm particularly unsure how I want to handle the Gold Saucer date. Aerith is my favorite character, but I feel like getting the Tifa date may be a better course of action. I didn't realize just how many choices impact that affection level; this is way, WAY more complicated that even getting endings in Star Ocean games.
Yeah. Square reused this affection system in FFX but it's easier to do since it involves Tidus often giving the character healing items or just fight alongside more. In VII, I always got Aerith cos she was quite good as a white mage. This also affects Cloud and Tifa's interactions before the final battle against Sephiroth.
Old 2024-04-22, 19:37   Link #4429
JagdPanther

Quote:
Yeah. Square reused this affection system in FFX but it's easier to do since it involves Tidus often giving the character healing items or just fight alongside more. In VII, I always got Aerith cos she was quite good as a white mage. This also affects Cloud and Tifa's interactions before the final battle against Sephiroth.
I read that there's a bug wherein one choice can be repeated over and over to max out Tifa's affection points. I may roll the dice that that bug exists in the PS4-PSN version so that I don't have to be a dick to Aeris just to get and keep Tifa's points over Aeris'.