AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 11 19.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 43.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-24, 23:35   Link #161
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Combat power usually doesn't translate directly to authorative power, at least not in any modern society. Particuarly in chess, the King is not the most powerful in combat, but the most important.
That's true, but the title 'King' has also been given to whoever is best at their field. And the most popular field in this case is the use of magic.

We can't rule that out either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Problem with something vague like a king is unless there is a literal king you have to make some guesses. All we've got is that king is some kind of authority figure. Be it a person, or a structure like TSAB. Maybe they are vague so when something even remotely similar happens they can go "yeah this is what we predicted."
Well, that's the trick isn't it? To leave things vague

And when the slightest thing that could be linked appears, people start panicing and become paranoid...

I mean, look at us!
Old 2007-06-24, 23:59   Link #162
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

...or maybe Carim's just manipulating the whole situation...kinda like Eriol
Old 2007-06-25, 00:04   Link #163
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
...or maybe Carim's just manipulating the whole situation...kinda like Eriol

It would be safer to stick within the possiblities of the current scenario

Randomly pointing fingers really isn't...
Old 2007-06-25, 00:18   Link #164
Flar

About the King thing, wasn't Vivio said to be possibly a "Holy Empress" or something like that? If antagonists start to build a monarchy out of nowhere the "king" may well appear in their ranks... Or maybe it's just Vivio.
Old 2007-06-25, 00:25   Link #165
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Gods, We are still not out of the gloom yet, I guess this week will be prediction on who and how they die..........

I doubt any of our trio is the so called "King", the 3 admirals bite the dust seems far more likely to me then Nanoha and Hayate........

However it is almost given that TSAB will undergo a major power shift when this is all over and it also raises the chances that mobile division six go into comflict with TSAB or at least part of it.....

From a transcript I'm reading
Quote:
死せる王の下, 圣地より彼の翼が苏る
I wonder if this 圣地 (Holy Land) refers to Al Hazard....
Old 2007-06-25, 00:56   Link #166
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Gods, We are still not out of the gloom yet, I guess this week will be prediction on who and how they die..........

I doubt any of our trio is the so called "King", the 3 admirals bite the dust seems far more likely to me then Nanoha and Hayate........

However it is almost given that TSAB will undergo a major power shift when this is all over and it also raises the chances that mobile division six go into comflict with TSAB or at least part of it.....

From a transcript I'm reading
I wonder if this 圣地 (Holy Land) refers to Al Hazard....
See the OC thread for more details. Once again Ivory has taken ideas right out of our heads. Either that, or somebody in this forum works for Ivory.

(Paranoia Maximum)

Big Brother is watching us...

If Ivory's gonna steal our ideas again, I'd say that's either El Hazard, or the "Promised Land" of the Velka, like Israel.
Old 2007-06-25, 01:03   Link #167
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Wow I looked at the official Triad page. I don't know why StrikerS is the only discontinued thing they dropped with the reason being... 6 words long. Yes. 6 words.

Bleh. Someone should firebomb their houses. <_< Yesssss. Firebombing solves all... Hey are the RAWs on Veoh yet?
I must admit I've wondered if eventually Triad might start to think about having dropped this. Other series or multiseries I know of that they've discontinued had far better reason: in the one I remember best, that reason was the fact that everyone who saw even the first part dreamt of murdering the freak who created it...
Nanoha IS somewhat slow, but only if you compare it to smaller series. Really, I think its pace is rather typical for 26-eps. If a 12-ep generally takes 3 to 5 episodes to set up all the different aspects of the basic story and then another 3-5 to develop the plot and set up the path to victory before the final eps throw all rules out the window, then a 26-ep would likely do 8 to 10, with each section developing like a separate piece in similar fashion. On the plus side this means they can be much more thorough in setting up the backgrounds and dynamics, but on the minus it can seem like forever before things get "serious". Really the timing seems typical. In the first couple eps the very basics are set. Then, through 6 or 7, the general conflict starts to develop. Finally, in 8 and 9, things get really messy as we start to see how things are.
Anyway, can't wait to see this subbed. I'm having a little trouble what they're saying about Fate and little people when she saves Nanoha from the blond creature trying to permanently attach to her.
Old 2007-06-25, 01:04   Link #168
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
See the OC thread for more details. Once again Ivory has taken ideas right out of our heads. Either that, or somebody in this forum works for Ivory.

(Paranoia Maximum)

Big Brother is watching us...

If Ivory's gonna steal our ideas again, I'd say that's either El Hazard, or the "Promised Land" of the Velka, like Israel.
I can feel the taint of OC thread even here so I'll pass on that offer thank you very much .

And since there are people linking 彼の翼 with Dragon summoners I wonder how will Caro tie it to this too....
Old 2007-06-25, 01:26   Link #169
mechdra

Caro will probably be the key to activate the gate to the holy land. A summoner job is to summon and summoning the gate to the holy land is the job of the summoner.

Last edited by mechdra; 2007-06-25 at 02:10.
Old 2007-06-25, 01:46   Link #170
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Cao will probably be the key to activate the gate to the holy land. A summoner job is to summon and summoning the gate to the holy land is the job of the summoner.
That might be true, but you've picked the wrong summoner to bet on

You'll need a VELKA summoner, seeing has how Velka magic and their users seem to swing that way...
Old 2007-06-25, 02:44   Link #171
Once and Current Subber

Guys, I think you missed my point. I'm not saying "geez, there's this annoying guy, wouldn't it be great if he's who the prophecy was talking about?" I'm saying, "Hm, they're talking about a 'king', you don't suppose... it's the guy named King?"

Granted that we're dealing with the Japanese and that it's entirely possible that it's a coincidence. And there's also a Toyota Regius van, which sticks with the naming protocol. But why Regius? It -means- "royal" in Latin, man!

If it's not that, then boo on the Japanese for putting a big ol' red herring in there. (And if it is, possibly boo for being too obvious to somebody who can trace a linguistic root?)
Old 2007-06-25, 03:07   Link #172
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

I'm rather late in replying but about the prophecy, I had a slightly different interpretation.
Spoiler for Speculation:

PS. Its a bit sad that out of so many females, only Fate is able to handle a child. Though to be fair, she does have memories of a kind motherly Precia from Alicia and have experience with children unlike the rest whose mothers have either died when young (Teana, Subaru, Hayate) or not available (Nanoha, Caro).

PPS. The look on Kyon's Chrono's face when Fate calls him Onii-chan is priceless. I wonder if that look he got was because he is being teased by being called onii-chan or because he was surprised at being called onii-chan instead of Ky**.
Old 2007-06-25, 03:35   Link #173
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
PS. Its a bit sad that out of so many females, only Fate is able to handle a child. Though to be fair, she does have memories of a kind motherly Precia from Alicia and have experience with children unlike the rest whose mothers have either died when young (Teana, Subaru, Hayate) or not available (Nanoha, Caro).
Nanoha's mother has been available And it's not like she Neglects Nanoha at all.

It's not about memories, but rather practical experience And obviously Fate has to most out of all of them in that field.

Just because you've seen what a mother can/should do, doesn't mean you'll automatically become a pro (As I've found out the hard way...) It's something you need to experience it for yourself to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
PPS. The look on Kyon's Chrono's face when Fate calls him Onii-chan is priceless. I wonder if that look he got was because he is being teased by being called onii-chan or because he was surprised at being called onii-chan instead of Ky**.
I believe people had been waiting months to actually see Chrono's reaction on screen

Sigh, too bad they nerf the 'Yuuichi' side of him... If not his 'comeback' would've been awesome
Old 2007-06-25, 03:36   Link #174
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Why must I put up with these eyecancerous raws?

Impressions:

- Still wondering what they were supposed to be doing to Agito... though Lutecia jacket pull wins Zest over once again

- I thought Agito swearing vengeance on Rein was bad... until I saw that she did so pouting

- Way to overreact there Schach, blasting out the window and posing with your blade tonfas in style... just to make a lost little girl cry She's dangerous I tell ya...

- Also, damn Vivio already ranks as a 10000 moegaton Kawaii superweapon (asides from the unusual pantyshot, which I don't need ichibaka's eyes to see )

...what?...

- bet Fate and Hayate never expected a crying Vivio clinging unto Nanoha to be the first sight they'll see LOTS of priceless expressions here

- Ala, Fate shows off her motherly side... and while I didn't understand what they're saying, seems Fate's experience came from taking care of Caro and Elio (alas, why those two are blushing ).

- I thought I saw a ferret in that eyecatch that looked like Yuuno for some reason...

- Subaru and Teana writing reports as expected... but TEANA FINGER FLICK has POWER

- "Onii-chan, genki da ta?"

And Fate Wins

- In taking care of Vivio, I'm already getting a husband and wife vibe from Elio and Caro... at least they have EXPERIENCE

*runs*

- "Prophet Shift"? This is the part I need subs... but still Carim exudes coolness in this scene.

- Regius' secretary really is growing more and more suspicious every second, mumbling something her boss didn't hear...

- For some reason, Vivio running to Nanoha when she returned was a heartwarming scene

- Rather ominous ending with Hayate there... reminiscing as she looked at her photo album (Graham, you're really showing your age now ).

Damn... the best parts of the episodes needs subs

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-25, 03:41   Link #175
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

~ tshouryuu
Nanoha's mother didn't die, and she was still on earth at that age.
Fate's *whispering voice* "Conichiwa" (or whatever it's spelled) is culprit here.

But I like your theory.
Still want to see that big old building go down.
The king might not be a person, but the hole of TSAB.

~ LoweGear
With the really low quality in RAWs I don't blame the slow subbing.
Even the best I've seen had some shaking in them. With rest artifact-hell.
Old 2007-06-25, 03:45   Link #176
Nemesis

The plot is getting too hard to understand without subs.........darn.
Old 2007-06-25, 03:47   Link #177
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Graham's being showing his age ever since 4 years ago... Unlike Lindy, the staff members are bent on making him look as old as he should be... even the 3 Admirals look younger than him.

And while the speculations are nice...aren't we all missing bits of the prophecy? Mellow RG said that the full one goes...

Quote:
a king shall fall and wings shall be revived from the holy land

the dead shall dance as the tower that lies within the middle earth is burned down

following that, ships that sail the infinite seas shall sink
My first thought was Nanoha = King, Revived Wings = Vivio... Granted, there are tons of holes with that interpretation. And the dancing dead? Are they implying countless lifeless Drones will be parading while the Tower goes hellfire down? Or is it the Numbers who are apparently not mages.

The King's line can be taken in many ways, but I hope the Tower and Ship's actual representation are larger than what RF6, Carim are assuming they're going to be.

And seeing how Subaru gauging the Numbers... looks like they're made to fight under AMF situations. Oh boy.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-25, 03:56   Link #178
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

This episode was fun to watch, Schach really jumped the gun here.

I can already imagine 5 4koma out of this episode:

- When Agito is remembering the past, after she's saved, Lutecia comments that she'd be better company than "muscle narcisist Zest"
- Nanoha using her "gentle smile - scared child version" to calm Vivio down
- Fate calls Chrono "Onii-chan" and he gets a massive nosebleed
- Fate convincing Vivio to "LET GO OF MY NANOHA!!!" (with Zamber ready)
- Erio think of Vivio's origins and Project F, and Caro gets jealous because he's looking at Vivio

And near the end, we saw Hayate checkig the photo album, we saw Graham and the Lieze twins in their cat form

Looking forward to the next episode too
Old 2007-06-25, 03:56   Link #179
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The dead shall dance?

Necrons?!?!?!?!!?!

*harisen'd to reality*

That's an intriguing line though... could it possibly refer to the results of Project F? Since if it's still the same Project that Precia worked on, then somehow it ties in, since it was supposed to be research on Artificial Humans, and also involves the raising of the dead...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-25, 03:57   Link #180
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Graham's being showing his age ever since 4 years ago... Unlike Lindy, the staff members are bent on making him look as old as he should be... even the 3 Admirals look younger than him.
Since we did speculate Graham biting the dust long before the season started I guess we all expected this to happen.... Still that puts to rest of Mahou Shounen Lyrical Graham...... Still have bad dreams regarding this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
And while the speculations are nice...aren't we all missing bits of the prophecy? Mellow RG said that the full one goes...
Stole from Jap wiki lets try to pick it apart once again....

Quote:
旧い結晶と無限の欲望が交わる地
死せる王の下、聖地より彼の翼が蘇る
死者達は踊り、中つ大地の法の塔は虚しく焼け落ち
それを先駆けに数多の海を守る法の船は砕け落ちる
I'll leave the translation to someone else I think... I tried but while I can get it to Chinese, English is kinda hard.....

Last edited by Darco_emp; 2007-06-25 at 04:10.
Closed Thread