2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.90%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-13, 09:58   Link #121
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
A QUESTION (I doubt the answer is a spoiler)

I've been meaning to ask, two episodes ago, since last week's finale didn't elaborate: did Irie's "suicide" that happened in the other arcs come as a result of drinking a nice cup of tea? (shown in episode 12) I figured that he was given poison, but we were never told. It would make sense as something similar happened last season to K1 when he overheard at the clinic that he was being served a drugged beverage (after admitting to killing Satoko's horrid uncle). That was when K1 made his wish that Irie would die. I suspected his wish had nothing to do with it of course. There's no reason that I am aware of so far that Irie would knock himself off without any help.

I am so thankful that a sub arrived today. It made my afternoon!
Personally I think that the Yamainu simply held him and injected him with something. He was fully lucid when Okonogi's subordinates arrived and it would have been easy for them to overpower him.

It makes sense for Takano to fake Irie's suicide in each arc. Irie is nominally the head of the operation, which means he does technically have the power to stop her. Plus, I'm guessing that Takano frames him for Rika's murder and if he's dead he has no way of defending himself from such accusations.
Old 2007-10-13, 12:04   Link #122
Kryptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
Spoiler for Err...:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
It's pretty ironic about Takano, when you think about it... people in Hinamizawa are trapped there by Hinamizawa Syndrome, and Takano is there to turn the place into a living hell--just like the orphanage she was at, where everyone was locked in. She became exactly the thing she hated so much.

That's not exactly success, is it? That's just depressing.
It's what's called 'coming full circle'. It's also a common psychological thing, I think. Like how kids who were abused by their parents tend to grow up with a greater tendency to do the same to their kids. Sad, really.

Though in Takano's case, I think it's a bit more tragic and batcrap insane, since she's doing this out of her own will, rather than a subconscious psychological thing.
Old 2007-10-14, 07:29   Link #123
Eric the Grey

Heh. I must be one of the only people watching this series who regularly skips both the openings and endings.

While reading through this thread, I had to go back and pull the episode out of my recycle bin to rewatch the opening to see the changes, and then DO IT AGAIN to see the bit after the credits. I had given up on anything after the ending credits a while ago.

Oh well.

Eric the Grey
Old 2007-10-14, 10:49   Link #124
Alucard-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Grey View Post
Heh. I must be one of the only people watching this series who regularly skips both the openings and endings.

While reading through this thread, I had to go back and pull the episode out of my recycle bin to rewatch the opening to see the changes, and then DO IT AGAIN to see the bit after the credits. I had given up on anything after the ending credits a while ago.

Oh well.

Eric the Grey
I too skip it...The episode was good,but...I think there will'be more fun(i mean more blood)

Sorry,for my english
Old 2007-10-14, 17:21   Link #125
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
The episode was well done as a precursor to Matsuribayashi, pretty close to the original. As others has said, I'm surprised (and overjoyed) that they left the okosama-lunch flag scene intact, with a nice 8mm effect to boot.

But the real sauce goes to the OP. Brilliant, and one of the best OP change that I have seen in a while. Sure it is slight change, but for those who have played the game it could not have been better than that.

1. Hanyuu's spiritual awakening - kick ass. And judging by the previews, I can't wait for the semi-showdown between Hanyuu and Miyo at the shrine.

2. Rika waving....to Hanyuu! Perfect and great scene to show that Hanyuu is not an observer anymore; that she has finally made her decision to physically join the gang. And her school uniform is so moe~.
Those minor changes to the opening gave me such an impact, that I am burning as well with Hanyuu's dressed in her new school uniform.

What it is important is that audience has already grasped that Hanyuu chose to become a player in the Hinamizawa scenario, therefore, we can hope that she'll do something for a change.
Spoiler:

Guaranteed the hell stirring up at the orphanage has made this episode a perfect choice for me to watch again in the advent of the Halloween season.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-14, 17:40   Link #126
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

The reason for the black eyed hanyuu will probably be revealed in the next episode. The preview on the official website showed hanyuu with similar eyes.
Old 2007-10-14, 22:04   Link #127
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

hanyuu is like... too cute and small to be scary =/. should make her change appearance totally instead of just eyes
Old 2007-10-15, 08:39   Link #128
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Besides the cold bloody killer and godcomplex i actually felt a little bad for Takano seeing how hard of a time she had while growing up. But seriously is that any excuse to kill over 2000 people and children. Oh well at least now we have some back story and look at why she is so emotinally unstable. If only she knew the truth i think her head would explode. Only time will tell if Rika retains her memories from the previous ark along with the rest of gang. This could be one of the most interesting arcs yet.
Old 2007-10-15, 08:48   Link #129
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Why does everybody think that takano has a god complex
Old 2007-10-15, 09:14   Link #130
Rayneing
Trombe!

Uh... because she does?

If someone believes they can become a god, I would think they have a god complex.
Old 2007-10-15, 09:48   Link #131
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

She doesn't think she can become a god in literal sense. She thinks she can become one metaphorically which is based on being remembered after death
Old 2007-10-15, 10:26   Link #132
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
She doesn't think she can become a god in literal sense. She thinks she can become one metaphorically which is based on being remembered after death
your correct but that is still called a god complex. Even if you think it metaphorically to put your self on equal footing with a god and the way she has played with everyones lives as she sees fit she is acting like a god but in this case its the literal sense.
Old 2007-10-15, 12:10   Link #133
MezzoDragon

After watching the preview with subtitles, it seems Rika still has some childish innocence. Hanyuu, being a LOT older, must've realized what Rika was watching. Oy. I wonder what other videos Rika watched.
Old 2007-10-15, 14:21   Link #134
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
Uh... because she does?

If someone believes they can become a god, I would think they have a god complex.
Would you prefer for us to call her a sadistic megalomaniac instead?
Old 2007-10-15, 15:08   Link #135
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Yes that suits Miyoko-chan much better
Old 2007-10-15, 18:48   Link #136
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MezzoDragon View Post
After watching the preview with subtitles, it seems Rika still has some childish innocence. Hanyuu, being a LOT older, must've realized what Rika was watching. Oy. I wonder what other videos Rika watched.
I wouldn't take these previews very seriously if I were you. After all, based on them we'd have to conclude that Rika likes Keiichi/Oishi yaoi.

Rika must know about the birds and the bees; after all in one of the Tips she mentions that Mion had threatened to sell her to a brothel for not returning some money she had borrowed. It seems unlikely that she wouldn't know what function they serve.
Old 2007-10-16, 05:06   Link #137
Mew 2

Again something new in op. I like it this way. Oh, well the 14th episode was qite good.
Spoiler for 14th episode:
Old 2007-10-16, 17:51   Link #138
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Did I miss something? That guy caught Takano, and she bit his finger (hard!)... and then next thing we know she's by herself again and running off?
Old 2007-10-16, 23:25   Link #139
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Did I miss something? That guy caught Takano, and she bit his finger (hard!)... and then next thing we know she's by herself again and running off?
It's just annoyingly discontinuous is all.
Old 2007-10-19, 03:50   Link #140
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
^You mean we don't find out how she managed to get away???
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Closed Thread