AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-04, 03:57   Link #221
slidingk1

Ok anyone keeping track of how many times the z got totaled I lost count
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 07:23   Link #222
gencbiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidingk1 View Post
Ok anyone keeping track of how many times the z got totaled I lost count
It's like he grows money in his backyard. How can he afford all this crap?

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 17:57   Link #223
Korab

how much hp do you think has the s30? i think 500+
Korab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 18:22   Link #224
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korab View Post
how much hp do you think has the s30? i think 500+
not 100% sure but maybe 620hp
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 09:41   Link #225
Korab

620 i think is too much for a small car like the z, in ep 10 you can see the motor fully, its only a l28, not an rb26
Old 2007-12-08, 00:26   Link #226
slidingk1

620 isn't too much for the Z. I know someone that has a 600hp v8 in a Z and he autox's just fine. That and with the proper internals,bore,stroke, turbo, fuel etc...you can make that out of almost any motor. Remember he got himself a fully built no budget race motor. It's second hand but mind you he got one so didn't have to front the high cost of building it. Now when it comes to the body and stuff his lucky that the Z is a sectional frame layout. Where you can replace any part of the car by simply removing a few/lots of bolts&nuts and a little cutting.
Old 2007-12-10, 18:00   Link #227
Korab

if you want to see someting interesting than go on http://www.ame-racing.de/index.shtml and watch de volkswagen golf rally g60 with 722hp:P
Old 2007-12-10, 22:51   Link #228
slidingk1

That's the charm of the Devil Z isn't it the power is huge but there are few that can control the power. Ehh its kind of a lame pretext but for this anime I guess the pretext works out fine.
Old 2007-12-11, 10:50   Link #229
Korab

cars with 500 or more HP are difficult to control. last summer i were on the nuerburgring nordschleife with a toyota supra 2.5 twin turbo with 350 hp (hks tuning). there i have noticed the differences between my opel astra f 2.0 an the supra from my friend
Old 2007-12-16, 22:59   Link #230
NghtFox17

there are a number of factors which effect how a car handles. yes Power to Weight is one factor, wheel base is another, but a statement that "cars with 500+ HP are difficult to control" is too generalized. what way do you reach this 500HP? is it from the factory with high HP output or did you tune out your Honda Civic? also difficult to control when? if you have 500HP or 1000HP if all your doing is going down a straight line what's the issue? (as long as the car is set up properly). although many I have met would call you "noob" I rather not, because everyone was a "noob" at one point, and today it's deraguarity(sp). Just a note, be more careful in your words. if this was a automotive based forum, there are many that would tear you and that statement to shreads. I will not call you that, because it will only turn you off and push you away. the way I see it, you just need to learn more, and that only comes from time, and listening to others and reading on your own. hopefully this will help you understand better.

it's not that high horsepower cars are hard to control, it's more that people do not realize that with more horsepower requires smoother throttle, steering and braking inputs. not only that but the appropriate brakes, and suspension work (and if needed chassie adjustments) need also to be applied.

I drive a Miata, and for example it is known that it's chassie can handle 500hp. but if I just put a 500hp motor in it, that doesn't tell much. it could be a 5.0L Ford V8, a Chevy LS1 V8, a Turbo or Supercharged 1.8 Mazda I-4 , or a F20C Honda I-4, or a Chevy 3.5 V6, or 13B Rotary. all of these motors make the car handle diffrently. things must be considered, like how the F/R Weight Ratio will be effected by the motor modification, how does the powerband flow? for example a 5.0L looks like a hill for torque and horsepower, a F20C engine looks like a hill, valley, and mountain, finialy a 13B looks like a ramp. also between these three engines the weight diffrence. if all of this is worked out and you find one that fits your driving style and taste, you still have to make the suspension work for it (depending on your appliaction). I could type pages on this, but I think by now you get the idea. In cars, to go fast, you must drive gentle and smooth.

In review remember that Hp doesn't mean anything alone. The whole car as a whole determines how much is too much. and adjustments can be made to handle more that what is orginally expected. so to get that 500hp or so out of my miata, I will need to adjust the wheel and tire size, purchase a better diffrencial, get a stiffer suspension, and many other things before the car can properly handle the horsepower boost. it's nieve to think that 130hp rated parts can deal with a 500hp motor and be ok. you will not only produce slower times (1/4 mile or Laps) but quite possibly endanger yourself and maybe others.

so to tie this into Wangan Midnight, the S30 DevilZ was tuned beyond the "safe" zone for the car. this is the reason he will not tune the Silver R32 the girl drives because it will put her and others in danger. you could always argue the Tuner from Hell is sexist, but that's another discussion entirely. but if you pay attention to the dialogue carefully, a dangerous car has a pull about it, but also remember that these cars are fully tuned, in every aspect, not just the motor(although HP is the main focus). the last thing I want you to notice, is when the 512TR is tuned, the rear wing is removed. this was probably done to increase top speed but sacrificing downforce and traction. again to put emphasis on top speed over safety and ease to control. Finially it's ANIME so it's ok if it bends physics or practitality a bit. if you haven't noticed all anime does this in one form or another.
NghtFox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 00:52   Link #231
slidingk1

Yes finally someone with actual driving experience inserts on this. I myself have driven and raced many cars high to low hp and weight. It's all about the way things work togeather that dictates how it drives.

For example I was three seconds faster per lap after I tuned just the alignment by adjusting the camber and toe then the brakes on a stock miata. I also had the chance of being able to do several lapping days on a road course with a 700hp vette. If anything I needed more power to be competitive with the field.

An old saying in actual racer speak: over steer scares passengers, under steer scares drivers. Which one are you.
Old 2007-12-18, 17:08   Link #232
Korab

yo you cant say this about a person who hasnt goot english knwoledge. im from germany, i work in a garage every saturday. in german i can tell you all these things you said. i have a international a licenc. the differences between the american and german races are that we dont drive drag races or autobahn races, we only race on the streets. and my opel is set up to my driving style. opel astra 2.0 136hp normal, little tuning....english language is hard. , now i have 152hp, and thats now ok for a student. i can discuss with you in german, albanian and a litle in japanese, but english.ääh. im here to know anything about the anime not to duscuss about driving skills....blabla
Old 2007-12-18, 18:33   Link #233
ninja_edicolas

Hi at all, excuse for my bad English I'm Italian^^. Anyone have any information about HG Fansub ? exists a web site for this Fansub team? I haven't find it...
I hope the HGFansub sub the episode 7 of Wangan earliest possible^^. Bye
ninja_edicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 19:19   Link #234
NghtFox17

Korab, knowing where you are from definately explains the diffrent views on HP. in America cars come with 350+hp stock, and they are dime a dozen Aka, mustangs. over here anything less than 220hp is slow, and pretty underpowered by US standards. I met several people from Europe over the years, and a few of them were car nuts. what I learned from them is 4.6L and larger motors are almost non existant (except for the exotics) over there because of gas prices. so given the culture diffrence I can see where you'd see 500Hp as hard to control.

as far as those of you who English isn't your primary language, you'll are doing quite well. you're actually trying... more than what I can say about many of the immigrants in the USA. (mainly the influx of illegal immigrants who demand for spanish signs and lables for almost everything. I actually went into a Wendy's (fast food chain in the USA) and all the applications were in spanish, not a single one was in English! kinda sad. IMO

ok back to the Anime. I haven't heard anything by HG-Fansubs but according to ANiDB it is still ongoing and not stalled. but since they dont' have a website it's hard to get better updates. ofcourse look at how long it took OMFG to showup that they had stalled.

IDIF has Italian fansubs and NTFS has German Fansubs, although NTFS has stalled.... hope that helps.
NghtFox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 16:18   Link #235
ninja_edicolas

IDIF it's Initial D Italian Fansub, it's my fansubs team^^, OMFG is in stalled since few month.... I put my only hopes on HGF translations....
Old 2007-12-23, 07:46   Link #236
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Has anyone actually seen a physical copy of the lyrics for the OP/ED?

I am yet to have seen anything actually official regarding lyrics on this series and it's doing my nut. There are plenty of people putting up their own interpretation of the lyrics, but I just can't find anything official...
Old 2007-12-24, 09:47   Link #237
ninja_edicolas

OMFG site have the cd of the lyrics....
Old 2007-12-24, 17:17   Link #238
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

I did say official...

Anyway, realized there was no CD release of the OP, it was internet only. However there were reports the official lyrics were posted to the TRF website, I can't find them on there, and I've flicked through the blog as well as Koo-chan's blog.

Basically, if people are saying they have the lyrics, where are they sourcing them from, because as I said, I have found no -official- source for them. The official lyrics wouldn't be provided in romaji! Were there some lyrics tucked away in the OST or something?

Last edited by Grv; 2007-12-24 at 17:39.
Grv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 20:45   Link #239
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
There were TV size versions on the first OST iirc, but I haven't seen any scans of the booklet to confirm that there are any lyrics there.
Old 2007-12-26, 12:48   Link #240
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I had too much anime series to complete/watch . Hence I couldnt pick up on this series , I have heard a lot about this series and just for that I choosing it over the new GunDam .

My Q is : Is this series as good as Intial D or even better ?

Tags
racing, seinen