Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-22, 20:26   Link #1
Oneoseven

GTO Box Set

Bootleg Anime Link Removed By Mod

I was planning on buying this but am skeptical since I haven't bought anything online before. Has anyone bought anything from this site? Is it a good deal? If there is a better deal or better quality somewhere else that isn't 30 bucks per volume that would help..Just wondering how good this is in comparison to others

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-05-22 at 20:40.
Old 2004-05-22, 20:36   Link #2
TronDD
Team the box!

43 episodes for $30 is obviously a bootleg.
Quote:
• Optional English or Chinese Subtitles • Dolby Digital Stereo • Scene access • DVD-ROM Compatible • Playstation 2 and Xbox Compatible (region 0, playable worldwide) • Number of Disks: 5 DVD set- Episodes 1-43! • Encoding: All Regions - plays on any DVD Player in the world!
English/Chinese subs and Region free are the tell-tale signs of a bootleg.

DVDpacific.com has the first boxed set (eps 1 -23) for $60 which is a steal for 23 episodes.
Old 2004-05-22, 20:38   Link #3
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

that's a bootleg, while the box art is similar to the tokyopop release, the tokyopop boxset DOESN'T feature the complete series, only the first half
here's a link to the tokyopop site: http://tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?prope...tegorycode=VAN
as you can see, there are TEN volumes of the GTO anime, meaning 10 discs, not 5.
also notice there are two boxsets (1 is released the other isn't)
the bootleg you linked to most likely has:
1) bad audio
2) bad video
3) most likely ripped from the tokyopop discs, if not:
4) has a really crappy translation

the first box set runs at around (less in most places, like Best Buy) $100, that's less than $20 a disc, which is a bargain considering the original japanese sets only got 2-3 episodes and had to pay about 5000 yen each for them
Old 2004-05-22, 20:42   Link #4
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneoseven
I was planning on buying this but am skeptical since I haven't bought anything online before. Has anyone bought anything from this site? Is it a good deal? If there is a better deal or better quality somewhere else that isn't 30 bucks per volume that would help..Just wondering how good this is in comparison to others
Not only is this a pirated bootleg, but it is a bootleg of the Tokyopop R1 discs. I dont recommend you buying it, but ultimately it is your decision.

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-05-22 at 20:43. Reason: Link removal
Closed Thread