AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-07-31, 01:56   Link #81
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Get to work everyone that was whining about no segment linking on *nix . The savior has appeared and you have testing to do!

Just kidding n_n. Great work wiskas. Though I can't do any linux testing, I will cheer you on 100%!
Old 2008-07-31, 14:54   Link #82
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskas View Post
To enable it in mplayer, apply the patch, run ./configure, then open config.h, find these two lines
Code:
#define CONFIG_FILE_PROTOCOL 0
#define ENABLE_FILE_PROTOCOL 0
and replace 0 with 1. Then open libavformat/Makefile, find this line
Code:
OBJS = allformats.o cutils.o os_support.o sdp.o utils.o
and add file.o to it. Then make. I'll probably make a patch for this later.
I have tried with Formula Sub Shugo chara! and BSS kurenai and that don't work (not even an error message).

Patch no problem.
./configure no problem.
#define CONFIG_FILE_PROTOCOL 0 don't appear in my config.h (I have tried with and without just in case)
#define ENABLE_FILE_PROTOCOL 0 appear, 0 change to 1 no problem.
file.o added to the Makefile of libavformat.
make no problem.

My version of Mplayer is dev-SVN-r27382-4.2.3 compile for a C2D (X86_64) on a Ubuntu 8.04.
Old 2008-07-31, 19:12   Link #83
wiskas

You must run mplayer with -demuxer lavf, otherwise it will use its internal mkv demuxer.
Old 2008-08-01, 03:11   Link #84
Miles Teg

Quote:
You must run mplayer with -demuxer lavf, otherwise it will use its internal mkv demuxer.
With that switch that work

Kurenai by BSS

For episode 6 to 12 :
Opening, Ending and episodes played separately are perfectly fine.
All the files are H264 (1280*720) with Vorbis 160kbps/48000hz.

The sound in the opening is very bad.

When the ending start this message appear (a lot fo them) :
pts value <= previous: 0.498 ct: 0.291 0/ 0 18% 2% 0.5% 0 0
The sound in the ending is also awful (like the opening), and in episode 9 the sound is not in synch with the video (audio is faster).

Shugo Chara! by Formula Sub

Everything is only about the opening, the episode is fine.

Episode 13 to 15 : the sound is very bad (no error message).
Episode 16 : sound is very bad, the video is completely gray with some artifact (see error message below)
Episode 22 to 26 : Sound ok, video unwatchable.

Code:
[h264 @ 0xb83ee0]illegal memory management control operation 32
[h264 @ 0xb83ee0]top block unavailable for requested intra4x4 mode -1 at 4 0
[h264 @ 0xb83ee0]error while decoding MB 4 0, bytestream (9328)
[h264 @ 0xb83ee0]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably corrupt input), discarding one
[h264 @ 0xb83ee0]concealing 1100 DC, 1100 AC, 1100 MV errors
[h264 @ 0xb83ee0]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably corrupt input), discarding one
[h264 @ 0xb83ee0]illegal memory management control operation 32
Episode 27 (576p version) to 38

Video and audio are not in synch, video don't start normally, and audio stop by moment.

Code:
[matroska @ 0xb6a6a0]Unknown entry 0xbf in cluster data%  0.3% 0 0  

Too many video packets in the buffer: (327 in 8435296 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
SHS & FoSu Allison and Lillia

Episode 1, everything fine
Old 2008-08-01, 10:25   Link #85
wiskas

Miles Teg: thank you for testing. I can confirm distorted sound in Kurenai OP (not in ED though) and all those pts value <= previous, I'll see what I can do with it.

edit: Aurel (matroska demuxer maintainer in ffmpeg) has completely rewritten many parts of demuxer, so this patch won't work with revisions >14548. I'll try to adapt it, but it will take some time.

Last edited by wiskas; 2008-08-05 at 03:36.
Old 2008-08-07, 09:49   Link #86
wiskas

A new WIP version of the patch, adapted to latest SVN is available here. It now relies on the player to do some things, so to make it work in mplayer you also need to apply this patch (before configuring).

known issues:
doesn't check that streams in linked segments have same codecs and indices so it will segfault on incorrectly linked files[
broken timing when several ASS subtitles should appear simultaneously - this is a bug in mplayer (or maybe ffmpeg), not in my patch.
[BSS] Kurenai, [Formula] Shugo Chara and other releases with too different encoding settings for linked segment will look/sound really bad. will be fixed soon
occasional a/v desync in mplayer. will be fixed soon (i hope )

The patch is being reviewed for accepting to FFmpeg. However the devs are busy with SoC so it's slower than i'd like. In the meantime you can get it from FFmpeg-devel mailing list.

Last edited by wiskas; 2008-08-29 at 15:49.
Old 2008-10-18, 14:36   Link #87
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
I came here because of m.3.3.w's new announcement concerning their releases of Rosario + Vampire Capu2, and I have to say, this sooo confuses me (read it all) '>.> Hey I'm not a techy person, I just watch anime, lol.
Old 2008-10-19, 08:46   Link #88
soulstaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
I came here because of m.3.3.w's new announcement concerning their releases of Rosario + Vampire Capu2, and I have to say, this sooo confuses me (read it all) '>.> Hey I'm not a techy person, I just watch anime, lol.
If you have the latest CCCP, you don't need to worry. Just click on the episode and it will play without flaws.
Old 2009-01-25, 18:26   Link #89
AdemoS

Quote:
The patch is being reviewed for accepting to FFmpeg. However the devs are busy with SoC so it's slower than i'd like. In the meantime you can get it from FFmpeg-devel mailing list.
Any news since then?
Old 2009-01-26, 12:27   Link #90
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdemoS View Post
Any news since then?
Kovensky's build supports ordered chapters. That patch hasn't made it to mainstream mplayer though.
Old 2009-01-26, 13:51   Link #91
wiskas

Quote:
Any news since then?
Convincing ffmpeg project leader that my code isn't crap turned out to be harder than i expected

In the meantime you can either use Kovensky's builds (Windows only), or build it yourself with ffmpeg from here. If you have problems with building, you can ask in #mplayer@irc.freenode.net
Old 2009-02-01, 19:59   Link #92
AdemoS

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyeighty View Post
Kovensky's build supports ordered chapters. That patch hasn't made it to mainstream mplayer though.
Ah I see, I wish that build was multi-platform.

Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Convincing ffmpeg project leader that my code isn't crap turned out to be harder than i expected
The old bureaucracy-block eh?

Damn, well keep at it, you have my support.

Quote:
or build it yourself with ffmpeg from here. If you have problems with building, you can ask in #mplayer@irc.freenode.net
Mmm, building from source can be a pain, what with dependency-hell and all. I'll give the project leader a couple months before I resort to that.

Thanks a lot for the advice and response though.
Old 2009-02-01, 20:48   Link #93
emptyeighty

I'm always amazed that there don't seem to be any regularly updated Linux builds of mplayer available. They are on Windows, and 90% of its users don't even know that the commandline exists.. not to mention the OSX crowd.
Old 2009-02-02, 09:17   Link #94
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I looked at some of the builds at rpmfind.net. The base versions for the Mandriva and Livna versions is the May 31, 2008, release. The Mandriva "cooker" version is r28387 which includes some patches dated as late as September 16th. I know a few months can be a long time in mplayer-land, but these are both fairly up-to-date. Freshrpms has a version from September as well.

All of these are, I believe, more recent than the current Ubuntu build. On my 8.10 (Intrepid) box, the current mplayer release is 1.0-rc2svn28238. I don't have the source .deb handy to see how recent the code is, but I must say I don't have any problems watching modern anime releases with that version except for the issue of ordered chapters. That problem doesn't really matter to me; in fact, I enjoy the absence of repeated OP/ED segments when watching a number of episodes in one sitting.
Old 2009-02-02, 12:04   Link #95
emptyeighty

Seems like there are some good news on the horizon, though probably not with regards to ordered chapters.
Old 2009-02-17, 14:20   Link #96
AdemoS

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyeighty View Post
I'm always amazed that there don't seem to be any regularly updated Linux builds of mplayer available.
Here's an example of a Linux repository with regularly updated mplayer builds:
http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/down...php?tr_lang=en

The same guy also makes the Smplayer GUI.

He's interested in wiskas' ordered chapters patch for his mplayer build, but needs some ordered chapters video files to test:

Can anyone here either link to or upload some [small] examples he can test with?
Old 2009-02-17, 16:26   Link #97
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Can anyone here either link to or upload some [small] examples he can test with?
Reading/searching through this thread produces enough workable results.
Old 2009-02-27, 22:07   Link #98
rvm

Hi. I'm maintaining a PPA repository for Ubuntu with packages for mplayer from svn (https://launchpad.net/~rvm/+archive/ppa/).

I've been asked to apply the patch for ordered chapters, but I'm afraid the patches available here and this one (which seems more recent) don't work anymore with the latest mplayer from svn (28754).

Is there any other updated patch?
Old 2009-02-28, 02:28   Link #99
wiskas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvm View Post
Hi. I'm maintaining a PPA repository for Ubuntu with packages for mplayer from svn (https://launchpad.net/~rvm/+archive/ppa/).

I've been asked to apply the patch for ordered chapters, but I'm afraid the patches available here and this one (which seems more recent) don't work anymore with the latest mplayer from svn (28754).

Is there any other updated patch?
I maintain a git repository here, which is regularly synced to latest ffmpeg. Just copy the relevant dirs to mplayer sources root and build (you still need to patch mplayer's build system as described above).
EDIT i don't update this repo anymore, use this repository to get an MPlayer version that supports ordered chapters (not written by me). unlike my patch, it should work with all files.

Last edited by wiskas; 2009-08-08 at 21:59.
Old 2009-03-02, 06:20   Link #100
rvm

How can I get a patch from it?

Tags
mkv, ordered chapters, wiki candidate