AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-27, 07:05   Link #101
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You have never seen the other "-on" servants so you can't say they aren't as trusted as Kanon and Shannon and that they don't have furniture complex. I'm of the opinion they are the same.

Old 2009-07-27, 07:10   Link #102
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Well we "know" Runon and I don't think Kinzo would have given the Crest to all the other "on" servants since mostly when not all only work there for two years like Jessica explained
Old 2009-07-27, 07:52   Link #103
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Nope.

Quote:
However, there were not many servants who stayed with the Ushiromiya family for long.
It was standard for them to quit after three years
The only odd exception is Shannon.

By the way according to your perspective then Kanon didn't have the crest since the start. You seem to think that it is given as a sign of trust, that it is something you can earn through your efforts. I don't think so. Kumasawa certainly earned the trust of Kinzo, you know she did. And she's been working for him for at least 30 years, and yet she doesn't have any crest.

Old 2009-07-27, 08:07   Link #104
Kitsu
The unlucky one

What, wasn't it two years...well... it just feels odd for all the "-on"-servants to wear the crest. Wouldn't that be to many people? Well it's devil's proof isn't it

About the crests..I once had very...very...awkward theory about that

You know..normally only people with Ushiromiya blood are allowed to wear it....
Old 2009-07-27, 08:16   Link #105
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yes that's right. If you have a family crest, you will only wear it yourself, your directly blood related relatives... and of course.... your own possessions... There's no way you would let a non blood related "human" do that. But if that was a furniture then yeah...

Old 2009-07-27, 08:26   Link #106
June 1983

Considering how special the -on servants seem to be, I think it would be surprising if they didn't all wear the crest.
Old 2009-07-27, 08:28   Link #107
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Would conclude only true furniture would be allowed to wear it...

I think you know where I was getting at, right?
Isn't it strange to support an orphanage and even allow those low orphans to work at your place, no even allow them to wear the crest?
Old 2009-07-27, 08:59   Link #108
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Would conclude only true furniture would be allowed to wear it...
Yes. Of course realistically speaking there's no way Shannon and Kanon aren't human, but probably mad Kinzo thinks otherwise °°; And I can only suppose they are "brainwashed" to think they are just furniture themselves.

As for what concern the crest in their case it's not a sign of honor. They do not wear it as member of the family (like the siblings and the cousins) but as family possessions. So they don't have to be particularly praiseworthy, as long as they are family possession they wear the crest as a mark. Of course Kinzo probably thinks they are praiseworthy because they are his possession XD. The excellence of an object is a mere reflection of its owner anyway.

Old 2009-07-27, 09:10   Link #109
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Yes. Of course realistically speaking there's no way Shannon and Kanon aren't human, but probably mad Kinzo thinks otherwise °°; And I can only suppose they are "brainwashed" to think they are just furniture themselves.
There's no way they are furniture? Not so hasty
"If I only could heal her pain....I would even become a chair [...]", by Kanon
Maybe they are.. *gg*

Quote:
As for what concern the crest in their case it's not a sign of honor. They do not wear it as member of the family (like the siblings and the cousins) but as family possessions. So they don't have to be particularly praiseworthy, as long as they are family possession they wear the crest as a mark. Of course Kinzo probably thinks they are praiseworthy because they are his possession XD. The excellence of an object is a mere reflection of its owner anyway.
But wouldn't Gohda be a possesion as well? I know he wasn't employed by Kinzo himself but he s a servant of the family after all.

And your right Kinzo's possesions= awesome possesions
Old 2009-07-27, 11:42   Link #110
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Okay, I will simply put an [anime] tag for this thread (the lead post stated clearly it is a thread to answer "factual" questions regarding the anime).
Do NOT use any game knowledge, unless it was properly stated in the anime (or if the timing was already fulfilled).
Old 2009-07-30, 12:06   Link #111
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Okay, I will simply put an [anime] tag for this thread (the lead post stated clearly it is a thread to answer "factual" questions regarding the anime).
Do NOT use any game knowledge, unless it was properly stated in the anime (or if the timing was already fulfilled).
Thanks, this is perfect, i have an anime only question:

So...Bern...isn't the girl from higurashi right? I mean, sure the resemblance is scary, and some of the things they were talking about does seem to fit. But i doubt it's the same one? Idk, I'm just a little bit confused on that whole setup there, which witch did she kill/overcome?
Old 2009-07-30, 12:11   Link #112
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is no clear information if Bernkastel is the same as Frederica Bernkastel who was the said personality of Furude Rika that was being transfered from kakera (world) to another one.

It is within the possibility that Bernkastel is yet another "evolution", but even so, she is drastically different from Rika, and cannot be considered like her by any means.

As explained by Beatrice, Bernkastel managed to vainquish Lambdadelta. It is heard that both were playing a very long game, but Bernastel managed to win after so many attempts.
Old 2009-07-30, 12:43   Link #113
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
There is no clear information if Bernkastel is the same as Frederica Bernkastel who was the said personality of Furude Rika that was being transfered from kakera (world) to another one.

It is within the possibility that Bernkastel is yet another "evolution", but even so, she is drastically different from Rika, and cannot be considered like her by any means.

As explained by Beatrice, Bernkastel managed to vainquish Lambdadelta. It is heard that both were playing a very long game, but Bernastel managed to win after so many attempts.
Hmm...but isn't Bernkastel a witch? (Are you telling me the furude rika was a witch too? Or at least her...personality was? I'm a bit confused on that).

I thought the game Beatrice was referring to was the "higurashi" game, where rika had to go through the same thing over and over again until she finally "won" in the end...?
Old 2009-07-30, 12:45   Link #114
June 1983

The VN makes a lot of allusions that the game they refer to is indeed Higurashi, but nothing truly specific.

But in regards to your first question, that starts to get into sticky territory as far as what a "witch" actually is.
Old 2009-07-30, 12:51   Link #115
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
The VN makes a lot of allusions that the game they refer to is indeed Higurashi, but nothing truly specific.

But in regards to your first question, that starts to get into sticky territory as far as what a "witch" actually is.
ugh haha this is so confusing.

So the game novels or w/e they are havne't ended yet right? (Meaning the solutions haven't come out yet?)

So for the anime adaptions, when do you think the solutions arc will start appearing?
Old 2009-07-30, 12:53   Link #116
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Let's say this. If she isn't the same Bernkastel she has a pretty similar background. So similar that she used to say NI-PAH when she was a human.

Old 2009-07-30, 12:55   Link #117
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
ugh haha this is so confusing.

So the game novels or w/e they are havne't ended yet right? (Meaning the solutions haven't come out yet?)

So for the anime adaptions, when do you think the solutions arc will start appearing?
Well, the first VN answer arc is coming out in 15 or so days, and there's six months between each game, so ... It'll be awhile.
Old 2009-07-30, 13:02   Link #118
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Well, the first VN answer arc is coming out in 15 or so days, and there's six months between each game, so ... It'll be awhile.
WHAT!? Six frigging months? How many arcs are there, 5?
Old 2009-07-30, 13:07   Link #119
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

4 for the moment, the Fifth arc will be released this comiket 76, on 15th august.
Old 2009-07-30, 13:15   Link #120
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
4 for the moment, the Fifth arc will be released this comiket 76, on 15th august.
Right, and the 5th arc is the beginning of the "solutions" arcs right? So, in other words, there will be a total of 8 VNs? (Is it 1 solutions arc for each arc?)
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a