AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-26, 04:38   Link #19501
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Just forgot, in sacred Twins Ichika has scale of how to treat girl
1. "I love/admire her so much"
2. "She's awesome/lovely"
3. "Nice"
4. "Hmm, and who are you again?" (most of his fangirl)
5. "Okay, that's cruel" (Cecilia & Rin pre befriending, the bitch in the shopping scene)
6. "Are you Shitting me??" (Laura pre befriending)
7. "Bitches don't know their place" (????, revealed in chapter 12)

@Eras & Demi

That's why even with their entrance, the presence of I.S. is minuscule and the theory about men treated like dungs are BULLSHIT, from my personal opinion.
Old 2012-01-26, 04:38   Link #19502
Eratas123

@ Demi - Remember, ONE IS unit took down about a 2000 missiles, and a fleet of jets, tanks, subs, and orher things and that was just gen one. We've reached Gen 3 at this point. Think of it this way: We're scared of nukes, but we can't actually fire them or do anything with them since no one's willing to risk MAD. However, the IS can be used and frequently show off their capabilities and improve. They're not scared of the IS, they're scared of the POSSIBILITY of it being used and owning them all.

@ Senpai - Irish is stuck on 6 post heel face turn
Old 2012-01-26, 04:43   Link #19503
demino_hellsin
That one guy

to be fair, that first gen that shot down everything you just enumerated was worked on by the progenitor of the IS and every scrap of data regarding it has been lost beyond that of the most core basics that make an IS an IS. Then there's the fact that the pilot was and still is on a caliber that pretty much all other IS pilots shown thus far can only hope to reach.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 04:44   Link #19504
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

True, but chances of women triggering WWIII and genocide are...nil.

Admittedly, because frankly all female has mother instinct, while men are born bloodthirsty beast, it's always like that since stone age :|

As for Demi's theory, once again that by spec, no I.S. can match the description of White Knight's... so, probably not even Akatsubaki can go against it. There's also once again, issue about piloting skill.
Old 2012-01-26, 04:46   Link #19505
Eratas123

@ Demi - Yeah, but it's not like the public knows that. The high class have mo problem with this since they know what's going on. The middle and lower class hear rumors and scuttle butt so they don't know jack. Maybe they think every pilot is as good as her. It's not like information about the pilot's are public.

Also, Cecilia's feeling on men stem from her jerkass father, not the IS.

@ Senpai - As I said, they're scared of the possibility of it happening if they piss women off. None of them seem to think that just maybe the government doesn't let the women run loose with the IS. Like I said, fear isn't always rational.
Old 2012-01-26, 04:47   Link #19506
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oh, and I forgot too add the implication about Chifuyu being heavily injured in that sortie....

Correction: far from being a jerkass, her father are so lazy and weak it's pitiful.
Old 2012-01-26, 04:50   Link #19507
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: she was still man hatin'

And I think her backstory was left incomplete due to executive meddling. I was planning to make something for it but decided to cut off the project because no one would probably be interested.
Old 2012-01-26, 04:52   Link #19508
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Tell us, I'm short on idea how to make Cecilia interesting... besides the karmic fact about her being a literal outsider in all sense.
Old 2012-01-26, 04:55   Link #19509
Eratas123

The world of IS makes enough sense if yoi think about it. The news probably lies and say's that the pilots are awesome or that the new u its are invincible since the IS are pretty much used for an arms race. The high class know this is BS, but the public wouldn't, so the fear and treatment escelates.

Side note - Fine, "Weak and pathetic" father. Either way, he's mentioned as coming from a spoiled family, so it's most likely he wasn't the nicest guy. I doubt Cecilia would've hated her father if he was actually a good parent figure. Hell, she was surprised they were together in the train before they died, implying that they weren't very in love.

@ Senpai - How about her precognitions actually coming to bite her in the ass? Just becaise she respects Ichika as a man, doesn't mean she respects anybody else as one.
Old 2012-01-26, 04:58   Link #19510
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Whipped, spoiled father... now that's just begging to be hated

I like that idea about I.S. being hyped, it's actually mentioned in the old script of TLR Stratos, but people seems to hate me for it...

EDIT: you mean... having her treat other men badly?
Old 2012-01-26, 05:02   Link #19511
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Made an edit. Anyway, maybe have her treat Dan like he's not worth her time.....only for Ichika to yell at her due to her spoiled attitude.

Also, none of the other heroines (Bar Rin) really show signs of sexism. Even Laura the proud soldier girl didn't have any.

The IS being hyped is possible, actually. I use this in both FI and Shadow as plot point's

Going home, be back in an hour.
Old 2012-01-26, 05:04   Link #19512
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Now that's a good material for deconstruction... by showing that new generation of conventional weapon AND new type of warfare doctrine is nothing to be scoff on...

Oh man, this is like begging for torches and pitchforks

As for Cecilia ignored Dan... well...

Cecila: "How... how can be Ichika-san act so barbaric?! And his friend too-"
Old 2012-01-26, 05:09   Link #19513
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I imagine Cecilia hated her father all that time from her childhood because he was so useless. But there was one event that didn't make sense, his death. He died by joining Cecilia's mother on a business trip, meaning he died trying to be useful.

Now Don't think Cecilia saw too much significance in that other than daddy was going to change, he was going to be better, he was going to care.

After hearing of the Alcott patriarch and matriarch's deaths, the relatives were quick to act and secure the fortune for themselves. But Cecilia wouldn't have any of it, because it was the only thing left to remind her of her parents. It was what kept them alive in her heart. But the more she worked, the more the memories seemed to fade, they withered and everything that the company stood for was only her mother. The company could only remind her of her mother.

Cecilia tried to remember about her father, desperate that she didn't want to lose him again. Memories of her childhood came back and all that was there were bitterness, disappointment, cruelty. She wondered why she wanted to remember such a man, but something in her heart also told her that he was important, he was worth remembering.

So she hated men, everytime she saw them, she would see the outline of her father. Slovenly, demanding, utterly without worth. When there were men who dared challenge her, she could only see defiance, insolence and what she considered fool's courage.

During her time in ISA, she fought Ichika. She thought that Ichika was just like those other men, domineering and barbaric without knowing their place. When she fought Ichika for the position of class representative, she saw his eyes. They were similar but with something more than what those men had. There was not only confidence, courage, strength or whatever else one normally saw in a man prepared to fight for his beliefs. There was another thing: The will to change. Cecilia saw that Ichika wanted to change, become stronger, become better. Ichika wanted to be worth something.

After her defeat, she realised why Ichika wanting to change affected her so. It was because her father was the same way. At that time when he was to leave with Mrs. Alcott, Cecilia and Mr. Alcott had seen eye to eye. Cecilia had been unsure how to react to those seemingly cold empty eyes drawing her in. But he smiled, his eyes told her that everything would be okay. He would come back and be better. Cecilia felt this and saw them off like how only a child could, with an exuberant wave and shout of "Come back soon. I'll miss you!".

But the accident occurred and Cecilia would never see how her father would change. That time of seeing her father's change was only so slight, she'd forgotten. She couldn't believe that she'd forgotten something so important. Ichika had reminded her. Her father had tried to change, people could change. Maybe it was time she changed as well.
Old 2012-01-26, 05:12   Link #19514
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

SHIT! That's awesome!

the scene where Cecilia came into realization... SECOND SHIFT!

*Insert awesome music here*
Old 2012-01-26, 05:19   Link #19515
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Wait... you already decided on her second shift?
Old 2012-01-26, 05:22   Link #19516
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Of course! And now I have a reason for her to attain it, I'll post it now.

(I imagine Second Shift occurs when The Pilot is in the state of danger, but managed to survive out of psychological resolve)
Old 2012-01-26, 05:25   Link #19517
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well go ahead (thinking: what have I done?)
Old 2012-01-26, 06:21   Link #19518
Eratas123

@ Demi - Nice story, too bad canon dictates that nothing of the sort happened

@ Senpai - Can all IS really shift?
Old 2012-01-26, 06:22   Link #19519
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: They were pretty vague on the details.
Old 2012-01-26, 06:25   Link #19520
Eratas123

@ Demi - It was made quite clear that she at least didn't see her parents off. Canon dictates that she wasn't even that close to her mom since she always left to make more connections. I think the maids pretty much raised her.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest