AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-24, 15:58   Link #81
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Well, smoke is just that... smoke from a fire. Although yeah, if we get into details, it could contain lots of different chemicals depending on what is burning, but in this case it seems to be just plain old smoke from a bunch of wood branches or something .

The Gas Gas fruit can be many things - invisible and odorless carbon monoxide (choking like smoke), sarin gas (poison), propane/butane/LPG (burning), oxyacetylene (explosions), nitrous oxide (disorientation) and others. It's actually quite an interesting fruit with many capabilities - in many ways, Caesar Clown is the perfect walking WMD...

Since he's a Logia, he can produce an unlimited amount of gas for any purpose. I bet he makes his "medicines" using his DF, as well...
Old 2012-04-24, 16:16   Link #82
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I fail to understand why Oda created a gas based devil fruit now. Smoke devil fruit was almost doing the same thing. But Im sure he will add such great and unthinkable elements to devil fruit that it will look completely different than other two gas like fruits. I can only hope that there wont be another basic fire/lava like ordinary relationship.

Since he is all about weapons of mass destruction, he may as well be a walking nuclear weapon. Still even if he is, what difference there is than a combined doku poison gas combined with moku moku powers? Cant wait to see what will come out of it.
Well, there may be a relation with Crocodile's sand powers and Caribou's swamp powers. I wonder if there would be a character with Logia stone/rock powers.
Old 2012-04-24, 16:20   Link #83
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Well, there may be a relation with Crocodile's sand powers and Caribou's swamp powers. I wonder if there would be a character with Logia stone/rock powers.
Technically, lava is simply liquified rock...

edit: I'd hope Oda wouldn't be so uncreative as to create a power that is simply the "solid" form of the Lava Lava fruit (especially considering that Akainu's attacks will, eventually, simply turn to rock after they have cooled down)...

Last edited by james0246; 2012-04-24 at 16:30.
Old 2012-04-24, 16:37   Link #84
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Surprised no one else mentioned that CC looks like the joker from Batman. That was the first thing to come to my mind anyway.
Old 2012-04-24, 17:13   Link #85
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Surprised no one else mentioned that CC looks like the joker from Batman. That was the first thing to come to my mind anyway.
... who uses deadly laughing gas himself

i thought c.c. looks like a better drawn version of sasori´s puppets.
Old 2012-04-25, 03:34   Link #86
mr.muscles

Location: west coast is where i live and it can't be beat no matter what.
I'm just wondering but who does CC mean when he says will-o-the-wispkinemon?

^_^
Old 2012-04-25, 07:06   Link #87
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.muscles View Post
I'm just wondering but who does CC mean when he says will-o-the-wispkinemon?
A: That's a bad translation, it's Kinemon, the Will o' Wisp.
B- The Samurai split apart by Law.
Old 2012-04-25, 08:09   Link #88
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Don't tell me Shonen Jump is having a break this week . . .
I need my One Piece.
Old 2012-04-25, 10:57   Link #89
marvelB

^Hey, like we were just saying a few posts back, it's still likely that a chapter (or at least a spoiler) will come along as soon as this weekend....

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'd hope Oda wouldn't be so uncreative as to create a power that is simply the "solid" form of the Lava Lava fruit (especially considering that Akainu's attacks will, eventually, simply turn to rock after they have cooled down)...
Y'know, it's funny: For the longest time I figured that a rock/stone based logia was pretty much inevitable at some point. But still, even if you say that such a power would be redundant since we already have Akainu's power, don't we kind of already have seemingly redundant powers with various differences already (like fire/magma/phoenix, or now smoke/gas)?

Really, I have no issue with a rock-based power being its own separate ability from magma. I have full confidence that Oda will make it unique enough to stand on its own (like for instance, it might be something more specific like a yama yama (mountain) fruit or something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
A: That's a bad translation, it's Kinemon, the Will o' Wisp.

Actually, I'm glad this was brought up again. See, I was just checking out the raw for this chapter and found that his name was written as "狐火の錦えもん" (Kitsune-bi no Kinemon) or Kinemon of fox-fire. Now, I mentioned before that fox-fire can also be considered a form of the will o' the wisp. Knowing this, I'm now more certain than ever that our Wano samurai friend is a mythical zoan based on a fox youkai.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-04-25 at 11:10.
Old 2012-04-25, 11:20   Link #90
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
I fail to understand why Oda created a gas based devil fruit now. Smoke devil fruit was almost doing the same thing. But Im sure he will add such great and unthinkable elements to devil fruit that it will look completely different than other two gas like fruits. I can only hope that there wont be another basic fire/lava like ordinary relationship.

Since he is all about weapons of mass destruction, he may as well be a walking nuclear weapon. Still even if he is, what difference there is than a combined doku poison gas combined with moku moku powers? Cant wait to see what will come out of it.
Here's what I mentioned earlier on:

Quote:
If he goes by actual meanings of the words, smoke is made up of solid or liquid particles suspended in air, while gas is a state of matter.

As far as we've seen, Smoker's smoke mainly binds and traps people while CC seems to be working with poisonous gases to kill.

If CC's gas experiments are performed with his own ability's supply of gas, it probably means he can use combustible, explosive gases as well as toxic, nerve and hallucinogenic gases.

He is a weapon of mass destruction by himself.
And the difference between his gases and Magellan's poisonous fumes is that CC's gases are not just limited to poisonous gases, but also combustible gases and hallucinogens.

There are many gases that are not normally poisons that can do harm in many ways. Hydrogen, highly explosive, infamous chlorine gas, not just a poison but can combine to form corrosive compounds easily. He can even completely fill someone with helium like Dig Dug, or even paralyse and kill with oxygen, like what happened in Jojo Stone Ocean.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-04-25, 11:25   Link #91
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
^ Lol, look at this guy.

Hes actually quoting himself.

Hahahahahaha
Old 2012-04-25, 11:28   Link #92
marvelB

^....? I'm not sure what the issue here is. I tend to quote myself pretty often too.....
Old 2012-04-25, 13:18   Link #93
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Technically, lava is simply liquified rock...
Well what about concrete or clay used to make bricks?
Old 2012-04-25, 14:23   Link #94
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Y'know, it's funny: For the longest time I figured that a rock/stone based logia was pretty much inevitable at some point. But still, even if you say that such a power would be redundant since we already have Akainu's power, don't we kind of already have seemingly redundant powers with various differences already (like fire/magma/phoenix, or now smoke/gas)?

Really, I have no issue with a rock-based power being its own separate ability from magma. I have full confidence that Oda will make it unique enough to stand on its own (like for instance, it might be something more specific like a yama yama (mountain) fruit or something).
Fire is an element, magma/lava is simply liquified (and technically pressurized) rock, and the phoenix fruit does not produce natural fire; smoke is made up of solids, liquids and gases (though Smoker lacks any originality when using the fruit, so it is only used as a solid really), whereas gas is just gas (although it will undoubtedly be multiple different gases). So, there may be similarities, but they are all different (or at least different enough).

Rock, has already been done by 3 different fruits, Swamp and Lava (technically, Swamp is more than just liquid rock and dirt, but Caribou's powers imply quicksand more than wetlands), and Sand (which is just little pieces of rock and other minerals). Additionally, Diamond (the strongest "rock") has already been used as an independent fruit. Added to that, Earthquake is also an independent fruit. There nothing really left for a Rock Rock fruit to do.

This is not to say that Oda couldn't come up with a legitimate power for Rock (mostly independent of other powers)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Well what about concrete or clay used to make bricks?
Concrete could simply be a wet version of Sand (since both are made of aggregate rocks and minerals (though Sand is finer)). Clay could be interesting, but Swamp could conceivably do the same thing.
Old 2012-04-25, 19:55   Link #95
ntherblast

Quote:

If you thought about it instead of just looking at the appearance you would come to the conclusion there are many different types of gases that I guess he could produce one being poison and him being a scientist he benefits from this tremendously
Old 2012-04-26, 13:47   Link #96
marvelB

Something just occurred to me: Seeing as CC is a gas fruit user, I wonder how many of his attacks will be fart-based?
Old 2012-04-26, 16:16   Link #97
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Something just occurred to me: Seeing as CC is a gas fruit user, I wonder how many of his attacks will be fart-based?
I can't believe you just realized that kind of innuendo. At any rate, with a name like Ceaser Clown, I hope the gas he can turn into is Helium rather than Methane. *choke* *gag*
Old 2012-04-26, 16:21   Link #98
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

CC definitely has countless options from the vast number of gaseous compounds, it just depends on how far Oda has researched and the choices he makes. Even just the elements itself could do lots of stuff, I can see CC disabling Luffy just by pumping him full of Helium and floating him off into the sky.

Chemistry in manga is always interesting, like Aqua Regia was used by Coco in Toriko.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-04-26, 20:40   Link #99
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

I wonder how CC's bounty rise up to 400m. And does his ability include sucking oxygen out of one's lungs?

If some villain will return, I want Gin to return.
Old 2012-04-26, 23:17   Link #100
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimboy234 View Post
And does his ability include sucking oxygen out of one's lungs?
Why do that when he could turn into oxygen? It's a type of gas.
Closed Thread