AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 13:46   Link #101
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
In all honesty it doesn't look that impressive to me. They haven't given any particular storyline/plotline details, which makes me think that aspect will be particularly weak. If it's just going to be another Natsuiro Kiseki then I might even drop it after a while.
Can certainly see where you are coming from ... I put Natsuiro Kiseki on hold since I felt the story was too ... umm ... "small minded"/petty concern'ed (if you catch my drift). I would not want another series like that.

But on the flip side it could also be argued that our lack of knowledge could also equally mean it could be good.

That being said, I got more Hanasaku Iroha vibes from the PV than Natsuiro Kiseki ones....
Old 2012-05-02, 13:48   Link #102
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Not the most impressive PV I've seen, they rarely are but none the less looking forward to this.
Infact I could probably say I'm more interested in this than before after watching the Pv cause the scene at 0.45s caught my attention, nothing like girls looking fantastic in casual clothes to get me more interested
Old 2012-05-02, 14:00   Link #103
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'm not sure where you get that impression apart from Seto Asami in the cast?
From the main guy's name being Taichi, simply. Yet another ANN mistake, they call him Daichi in their latest article...

I have to admit I feel much more strongly drawn to the anime thanks to the latest trailer, if only for the addition of the two guys. I'd totally buy "Natsuiro Kiseki with guys" considering I was ready to ignore the series until they introduced a certain character in episode 4.
Old 2012-05-02, 15:33   Link #104
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
In all honesty it doesn't look that impressive to me. They haven't given any particular storyline/plotline details, which makes me think that aspect will be particularly weak. If it's just going to be another Natsuiro Kiseki then I might even drop it after a while.
I'm afraid it'll be ANOTHER slice of life series with a slow and weak over-arcing plot. 'Tis a shame.
Old 2012-05-02, 15:41   Link #105
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Just saw the preview, the animation style looks a lot like Hanasakau Iroha if not an exactly like it. Another slice of life eh? I'm in!!

Just when I decided to look up for the new upcoming P.A. Works today, it so happens that a trailer for this show was released today.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 15:45   Link #106
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow, the ultra-rare anime badminton.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:26   Link #107
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Hmm, I don't think the problem is so much the lack of ''SHINY'' (seriously no, that is not a problem) as much as the trailer composition itself is rather lacking (this PV gives the impression is more of a random scenes from the show being shown while a random theme is playing in the background, not something like a carefully put together PV made to showcase the main strong points of the anime and gives us a small taste of what to expect) and in general, the design looking ''off'' in several shots and the animation looking very jerky and unnatural, like it's unfinished (which I suspect to be the case, actually).

In any case, this looks more like a badly made PV than anything else, and I don't want to base judgment on the show yet, and certainly not on the story when there we haven't even been given the chance to see it for ourselves.

Beside that, I'm actually sort of interested more now, regardless of the suspect quality of the PV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
From the main guy's name being Taichi, simply. Yet another ANN mistake, they call him Daichi in their latest article...
DTaichi Tuesday ... reborn?
Quote:
I have to admit I feel much more strongly drawn to the anime thanks to the latest trailer, if only for the addition of the two guys. I'd totally buy "Natsuiro Kiseki with guys" considering I was ready to ignore the series until they introduced a certain character in episode 4.
Alright, someone else who liked it

I do hope the show will be more musical focused than Natsuiro Kiseki is turning out to be.
Old 2012-05-02, 16:51   Link #108
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

it saddens me that a studio with above average quality sticks with run off the mill slice of life stuff, i watch anime not to see stuff that can be easily done live action i already got enough soap operas and teen dramas on tv over here.
Old 2012-05-02, 17:24   Link #109
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Finishing some things in RL today, so I don't have time to translate the character text, but here is the updated outline as on the website.

Quote:
Though adults call it juvenile, we're not children. We're high school students.

Wakana Sakai was separated from music one day.
Konatsu Miyamoto won't give up singing.
Sawa Osata will lend her strength to her friends.

Laughing, fighting, hurting, loving...
These young girls slowly move forward while trying to escape from their ordinary lives.
While life may take a detour, they'll never be alone. Their friends will surely be by their side.

Wakana, Konatsu, Sawa, and the girls in the Ensemble will produce a gorgeous story.

The final summer of high school.
It's still too early to give up on your dreams.
We'll encourage the singing voices from Enoshima from here on.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 18:34   Link #110
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Trailer is by no means bad. Characters all look very nice. But why is the camera work so...stiff?

I'll be happy if I get to see lots of Equestrianism. On those streets.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 21:36   Link #111
Kakkou
Tch.

PV certainly left much to be desired but I'm willing to give this a chance, partly because it could prove to be interesting, not to mention I saw badminton in there which was a nice bit of nostalgia from when I used to play it. Of course, I'd be lying if I denied that the main reason pushing me closer to seal the deal would be...
Quote:
I have to admit I feel much more strongly drawn to the anime thanks to the latest trailer, if only for the addition of the two guys.
this. Also the fact one of them seems to be from Australia has me slightly amused.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 21:48   Link #112
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
The PV looked okay to me, but didn't leave me with much expectations either, for now. Will consider checking it out if I find enough room for more slice-of-life on my list in the future. Really liked how the character designs look so much like that of Hana Saku Iroha though.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 21:57   Link #113
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
BTW, is this actually an original production and it's not based on a light novel, manga or anything else?
Old 2012-05-02, 22:06   Link #114
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
BTW, is this actually an original production and it's not based on a light novel, manga or anything else?
It's not based on anything else.
Old 2012-05-02, 22:21   Link #115
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This look like its going to be anther sweet anime
Old 2012-05-03, 09:06   Link #116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The PV isn't exactly great, but I don't think it was that bad either. It's just... kind of dull. The visuals are not really up to P.A works' usual standards. I felt like I was watching a downgraded Hanasaku Iroha. Even then, this isn't ugly by any means, it's merely unimpressive, which exactly is the word I'd use to qualify the whole PV. Waiting to see more.

I call dibs on Sawa. That dress she's wearing at 00:45 is just too cute
She gives off Nakochi vibes, and she is anything like her, I'm definitely going to love her. Based on that PV, her personality will be a lot more outgoing though.
Old 2012-05-03, 12:40   Link #117
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That dress is excellent.

I am glad there are male characters here. I feel like I lose a little bit of myself for every all girl series I watch.
Old 2012-05-03, 15:30   Link #118
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Wakana and Sawa look too similiar, their hair color and style is a slight different though. At least Sawa has a sense of syle:

Spoiler for PV Caps:
Old 2012-05-03, 16:24   Link #119
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

^I notice some wonderlandish propotions in the first pic, i quess they still have problems with that.
Old 2012-05-08, 08:39   Link #120
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Trailer is kinda bland in terms of both audio and visuals and I'm not a fan of the character designs, but I'm sure they'll have more to offer by the time the 1st episode happens.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works