AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-07, 17:06   Link #101
Snuffle
likes cute things

Hand Maid May + Sky Girls
Not really a fan of Sky Girls but for being like Hand Maid May alone is enough to keep me interested. Plus all these dolls like girls (especially Ann) are just so cute!
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 05:05   Link #102
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Not really a fan of Sky Girls but for being like Hand Maid May alone is enough to keep me interested. Plus all these dolls like girls (especially Ann) are just so cute!
Ahh yeah I loved Hand Maid May back in the day. But I better be quiet, I'm aging myself in front of the youngsters...

I like the series so far I just hope we don't have another battle of the week show, I'd like something a lil different that.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 05:12   Link #103
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Let's just hope that we don't get any baka rival like Nanbara from Hand Maid May...
Old 2012-10-09, 06:49   Link #104
Insane
Banned

Just watching first episode and my first impression is............boring!
Nothing interesting so far beside a bunch of cute dolls with human intelligence fighting each other. Feels like watching Infinite Stratos albeit without a single male wearing mechanic suit (poor you, Ichika).
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 09:59   Link #105
KaoruAoiShiho

anime of the year.

If only it didn't have the fighting scenes it would've been perfect...
KaoruAoiShiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 12:32   Link #106
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Impression this show suggests to me is that Hina wants it to be a battle of the week show, while Ann, Ines and Lene are going to drag her into the slice of life genre, and teach her to open her tsundere heart and accept a two-way outpouring of love and affection from the trio and Mastah.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 12:44   Link #107
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
anime of the year.

If only it didn't have the fighting scenes it would've been perfect...
Sure it would have been a lot better if they practiced "light music" after eating cake and drinking tea

Anyway, looked good, plus facing everything up from 15 cm was interesting and funny.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 13:50   Link #108
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Busou Shinki 02 - How to Defend Against Fresh Fruit:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 15:51   Link #109
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Okay. So far, the personalities revealed are:

Arnval = Osana Najimi
Altines = imouto
Altlene = Maid?
Hina = Serious, soldier like.

YES, next ep will have Yda and Ach! xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 16:59   Link #110
Arctic_Kitsune

Loved this episode as well, if a bit excessive on the fan-service side. Quite nice seeing Strarf make herself at home, if a bit on the shy side. Her tsundereness is cute here.

Spoiler:
Arctic_Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 22:09   Link #111
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 00:43   Link #112
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Busou Shinki. My First Thoughts

About two weeks late starting up this fall season.

Ok. So, this is the TV series based on one of KONAMI's popular franchises that went to inspire the making of the first anime series that got released at the end of the previous year.

I was expectant of this show given my positive reaction I had watching the first anime incarnation (OVA).

To start the feeling has been subverted from the OVA, since this brand-new TV anime focuses more on the light-hearted atmosphere above the dramatic turns when something serious or somber approaches.
Spoiler:

I do agree that watching the Shinkis undertaking domestic chores everday with funny mishaps greatly reminded me of Hand Maid May, and while I cannot say about Sky Girls (given to never have watched that show at all) I do certainly get Infinite Stratos vibes whenever the Shinki battle each other with their armors; just to add that the battle armors design from my POV looks very Gundam-esque.

Now, one thing that greatly reminded the connection with the OVA was Arn's character.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 01:18   Link #113
Miraluka
Banned

Damn, good thing I have high resistance against this or else...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 07:07   Link #114
Elestia

Enjoying the anime so far, although the budget going for the animation quality was way below average, even for me. The doll's master is especially horrendous to look at when he shows his ugly mug.
Old 2012-10-12, 07:34   Link #115
rafael1932
claymores pimp

I am going to watch again

and, yes, the guy could be better drawn
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 07:36   Link #116
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well now so yea now there 4 of them give straft more into battle & fight while their master is nice guy.

so other 3 idea make food for master give dangers of having shinki doing cooking but they do it for master.

til two cat-shinki doing some trouble to ruin even bring in the octo-attack til straft slay the octo-beast.

yet all food ready prepare for 4 shinki's master all good.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 11:48   Link #117
Arctic_Kitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
til two cat-shinki doing some trouble to ruin even bring in the octo-attack til straft slay the octo-beast.
Howling Type Dog and MaoChao type Cat. You can tell them apart when Howling is on the left and MaoChao is on the right in most scenes. Just helping you out here
Arctic_Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 16:43   Link #118
KaoruAoiShiho

Oh wow this show is brilliant. Shows basically everything I want to see. Master that's not into battles, YES!
KaoruAoiShiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 17:54   Link #119
Random Wanderer

Hmm... the translation whose source I shall not name added a fair number of unnecessary puns into what Howling and MaoChao were saying. I may not be fluent in Japanese, but I recognized several rather ordinary phrases they used were replaced with something rather different and much more punny.

Well, whatever.

This episode seemed much more interested in aiming for fanservice shots, which felt rather jarring given the blatant doll-joints which are part of a shinki's iconic design. I wonder if they did that on purpose.

Master needs to better explain to Hina why he doesn't put his shinkis into battles. I don't think she quite understands where he's coming from. I do find it a bit odd that she had a warrior personality pre-installed. It sounded like Aines' personality was specifically designed for her position in the "family." I would have expected that to be part of the basic setup that Master performed when he gave Hina her name.

I don't know much about Busou Shinki, but they seem to be portraying the Strarf model as particularly capable fighters, what with the champion from last time being a Strarf, and Hina seeming to be a much better fighter than the other three.

Have to say to Master's father, buying your son a new toy is one thing, but pushing a new intelligent being into their "family" is something else entirely. That's the sort of thing you should ask about before doing.

A bit odd that the shinkis get sleepy, but I imagine their non-combat behavior was likely designed to mimic human behavior, so it makes sense.

Aines made me laugh when she started trying to clean each grain of rice by hand.

So where exactly did Howling and MaoChao come from? One assumes a shinki needs fairly regular recharging, so I doubt they're feral or anything like that. Presumably their master lives nearby.

Next time looks like there will be a good amount of combat.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 21:21   Link #120
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow there cooking skills are kind of good being so small but Hina just awesome with that sword

Tags
action, bishoujo, mecha musume, science fiction, slice of life